The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #4026
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Sorry to hear your Mother is having a relapse. I will remember her in my prayers. You should keep the truck. Enjoy it, this buyer is serious and has the cash. If you get tired of it then you can sell it to him and donate to the cause as you mentioned.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #4027
Rodzzilla

Another vote for keeping it. I lost my dad to cancer. He sold his 57 Chevy project. I wish he would have kept it so I could have built it the way he wanted to.
Rodzzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #4028
superflysteiny

I will keep it thank you guys this helped and I mean that. I am thankful for my board family. I just worked so hard to build this truck and I don't have it in me to sell it. I don't have it in me to build another one. I am truely done building trucks at this level. I admire Keith n2billet and all of you guys and your builds. They are trucks that you can enjoy on a daily bases. I am scared to roll Tootsie due to what the truck has turned into. Again thank you for the advice
superflysteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #4029
oldman3

Eric, so sorry about your Mom. My prayers are for her, you and the family. These is no good answer to this question, continue with how your heart has guided you and it will make it for you....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:02 AM   #4030
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

My heart goes out to your mom, you, and your family. It is such a hard thing to go through, knowing what is coming. You guys will be in our prayers.

As for Tootsie, the truck, keep it. I have a toolbox that I have considered selling for an upgrade since I have outgrown it 3 times over. I cant make myself do it though because my grandfather bought it for me when I was really struggling. And having it there, even though it makes my eyes water when I think of him, reminds me I wouldn't be who I am without his example. Sometimes you just need to hold onto a memory, and something needs to be there that wont let you forget.

That's just my opinion though.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:20 AM   #4031
boonedogs72

Prayers to your mom bud. I gotta say the intros make this truck love the wheels on it!
boonedogs72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #4032
duallyjams

Prayers for your mom.

Have you listen to Dierks Bentley song I hold on first verse.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #4033
K20chevy

Eric,

IŽd keep it. I lost my dad to cancer two years ago and I kept his car as a piece of memory. It was his dream car and I just could not even think of selling it because it reminds me of him everytime I drive it. Since you built the truck for your mom and with the meaning behind this project, not even for 500 K I would sell it.
It should be shown around by you, since you built it and it should stay in your family and be passed along from generation to generation... just my two cents.

68 Chevy K20 Panel truck, build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...41#post7263441
K20chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #4034
superflysteiny

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I really am looking forward to getting the interior installed and having the project buttoned up. I have to can say, other then changing the drive out on the front of the motor with a 10 rib set up and finishing the air ride trailer I am pumped to take it out. Thanks again guys
Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #4035
67cheby
67cheby

Awesome looking forward to seeing you get to enjoy it...I am trying to get there myself still !LOL, I understand !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #4036
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Eric, sorry to hear about your mom. She sounds like an amazingly strong person. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. I like your decision to keep Tootsie.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #4037
Low Elco

Sorry to hear about your mom. I don't know what to tell you, but we're here for you.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #4038
tahoekid

From TeamGonzaleZ our prayers are with your mom , you & your family.
Anybody that has been in this situation knows how hard of a time it is.
My mom has had cancer 3 seperate times and Im fortunate to have her til this day.
All I can advise is to be her rock and pray..
One battle has been won, pray for strength in this one.
People that dont get the passion for our trucks, probably never will.
Through this web site & instagram I have followed very talented guys.
And have met you any many others at shows. Awesome dudes!!!
So these trucks are a gateway of meeting great people that turn into frienships.
Stay strong & pray... Just look at the support for your family!!!
1972 CHEVY CHEYENNE

Last edited by tahoekid; 03-10-2014 at 01:32 PM.
tahoekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #4039
tahoekid

And its obvious.... Tootsie's a keeper ....
1972 CHEVY CHEYENNE
tahoekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #4040
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

superfly... Very sorry to hear about your Mother's relapse. I went through that with my Mother a couple years ago when she just couldn't handle the chemo again.

You probably already realize this but spend AS MUCH time with her as possible, because, well, you only have one Mom! If I couldn't see her one day, I called her even just to say "Hey".

I am building with my Mother in mind all the time and plan to hand it down to my boys... someday. Every time I take a drive I know she's right there with us. I am glad you decided to keep Tootsie!!

Truck looks great!
JNJchev77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #4041
rwade

Eric, I lost my dad a little over two years ago to lung cancer and still haven't brought myself to clean his shop. After hearing that your mom is so proud of it (and what parent wouldn't be), I believe it's the knowing you would build it and do so many fund raisers for what she is fighting that brings joy to her. But if I was in your shoes, no way would I ever sell that truck, trust me when I say one day it will be priceless to you! Take care of you mom and your family my board brother. Prayers for you all

Wade
rwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #4042
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
Awesome looking forward to seeing you get to enjoy it...I am trying to get there myself still !LOL, I understand !
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Eric, sorry to hear about your mom. She sounds like an amazingly strong person. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. I like your decision to keep Tootsie.
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Sorry to hear about your mom. I don't know what to tell you, but we're here for you.
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoekid View Post
From TeamGonzaleZ our prayers are with your mom , you & your family.
Anybody that has been in this situation knows how hard of a time it is.
My mom has had cancer 3 seperate times and Im fortunate to have her til this day.
All I can advise is to be her rock and pray..
One battle has been won, pray for strength in this one.
People that dont get the passion for our trucks, probably never will.
Through this web site & instagram I have followed very talented guys.
And have met you any many others at shows. Awesome dudes!!!
So these trucks are a gateway of meeting great people that turn into frienships.
Stay strong & pray... Just look at the support for your family!!!
I agree with everything you said. Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoekid View Post
And its obvious.... Tootsie's a keeper ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJchev77 View Post
superfly... Very sorry to hear about your Mother's relapse. I went through that with my Mother a couple years ago when she just couldn't handle the chemo again.

You probably already realize this but spend AS MUCH time with her as possible, because, well, you only have one Mom! If I couldn't see her one day, I called her even just to say "Hey".

I am building with my Mother in mind all the time and plan to hand it down to my boys... someday. Every time I take a drive I know she's right there with us. I am glad you decided to keep Tootsie!!

Truck looks great!
Thank you and I am sorry about your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwade View Post
Eric, I lost my dad a little over two years ago to lung cancer and still haven't brought myself to clean his shop. After hearing that your mom is so proud of it (and what parent wouldn't be), I believe it's the knowing you would build it and do so many fund raisers for what she is fighting that brings joy to her. But if I was in your shoes, no way would I ever sell that truck, trust me when I say one day it will be priceless to you! Take care of you mom and your family my board brother. Prayers for you all

Wade
Thanks Wade I appreciate the advice
Old 03-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #4043
c10Dream'n

Eric, I pray for a victorious outcome with your mother's health, and may she be a walking testimony of a true miracle. It seems that your mind has been made up in regards to keeping Tootsie. I'm in full agreement with your decision as I would do the same. I believe the craftsmanship that went into this build showed the determination as well it being your outlet to get your mind off of the physical state your mother has endured, and in return resulted into a MASTERPIECE that goes far beyond what money could buy or satisfy. Kuddos to you for being strong willed and keeping it up to completion. Hope to see you and the truck at Goodguys in Del Mar this year. Take care.

v/r,
Rick
c10Dream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #4044
396ci

Good morning Eric,

I have followed this build (and your mom's condition for a long time) and am sorry to hear about our mom's relapse. One day we will all go to the giant swap meet in the sky so that is why you need to keep the truck as a tribute and legacy to your mom. You built it for all the right reasons and it means more emotionally than the total sum of parts, obviously.

Continue to enjoy it with your mom and prayers for her recovery.

Take care,

Brian
1974 Chevy Crew Cab Shorty
396ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #4045
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10Dream'n View Post
Eric, I pray for a victorious outcome with your mother's health, and may she be a walking testimony of a true miracle. It seems that your mind has been made up in regards to keeping Tootsie. I'm in full agreement with your decision as I would do the same. I believe the craftsmanship that went into this build showed the determination as well it being your outlet to get your mind off of the physical state your mother has endured, and in return resulted into a MASTERPIECE that goes far beyond what money could buy or satisfy. Kuddos to you for being strong willed and keeping it up to completion. Hope to see you and the truck at Goodguys in Del Mar this year. Take care.

v/r,
Rick
Thank you Rick I will be there. I am not sure if Tootsie will be there. Marquez has ran into some snags on the interior kit. I have been working on Bringham for Eric so maybe he will let me bring it to del mar just to have something to roll. It sucks but at the end of the day I want the interior to be something like you would see come out of the recovery room. I want it top notch so I will have to wait. I am appreciative of all the help I have received on this truck. We are painting the inside of the truck tonight. Thanks Eric
Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #4046
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ci View Post
Good morning Eric,

I have followed this build (and your mom's condition for a long time) and am sorry to hear about our mom's relapse. One day we will all go to the giant swap meet in the sky so that is why you need to keep the truck as a tribute and legacy to your mom. You built it for all the right reasons and it means more emotionally than the total sum of parts, obviously.

Continue to enjoy it with your mom and prayers for her recovery.

Take care,

Brian
Thanks Brian I appreciate it. She has a great attitude and I am proud of her. She has been strong. I think she is just over it. She just wants the cards to fall were they will and if that means her life then so be it. She is brave and I feel like I have come to terms with her condition. Its crazy to look at her and she looks so healthy you would never know she was sick. I have thought about it often and if god does take her this is how I will remember her. Well anyway thank you
Old 03-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #4047
Lolyin58

Good morning Eric. Hey buddy sorry to hear about your mom's relapse. Hope it all works for the best. Only the good Lord knows. As far as Tootsie goes I hope u perservere through the truck woes and have it Del Mar bro. Take care and all the best. Talk to U Soon!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #4048
LEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
Money does not drive me. So selling the truck and having the cash won't make me smile. I don't mean this in a rude way but my mom truely loves this truck. She has cried several times looking at it and discussing it with me. If I sold it I donate a lot of the money to research.
This made me choke. I'm glad you decided to keep it. My prayers to you and your mom.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #4049
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolyin58 View Post
Good morning Eric. Hey buddy sorry to hear about your mom's relapse. Hope it all works for the best. Only the good Lord knows. As far as Tootsie goes I hope u perservere through the truck woes and have it Del Mar bro. Take care and all the best. Talk to U Soon!
I will do my best to have the truck there and thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
This made me choke. I'm glad you decided to keep it. My prayers to you and your mom.
Thank you
Old 03-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #4050
olrosa

Sorry to hear Eric. Your a real stand up guy and my family will pray for yours. The truck I am building now all started because of the Black one you'd built.
olrosa is offline   Reply With Quote