The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
Clrussell

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Andy4639 what wiring are you using with your tune port? All factory stuff or is it an aftermarket harness? I like the air intake too! I need to do something like that on mine instead of having the filter stuck on the end of the intake
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clrussell View Post
Andy4639 what wiring are you using with your tune port? All factory stuff or is it an aftermarket harness? I like the air intake too! I need to do something like that on mine instead of having the filter stuck on the end of the intake
Posted via Mobile Device
It's a Street & Performance wiring harness. I have the very old system. V-6 Feiro computer with a S&P chip in it running the V-8.
The intake housing is off a caddy and I drilled a 4" hole in the support so it sucks cool air all the time.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
hockeyjerk1

I painted the letters on my tailgate by using vinyl stick-ons and spraying over them.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
LEX

Taken to a shop to rid of some electrical gremlins.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
jayman68
Fun Stuff

My original plan was to make the truck into an Avalanche(see avatar), but that is not going to happen for now. I had put a Suburban window frame on the drivers door, today I cut that off again and reinstalled the door. Then set the front clip in place. Had my not so little helper helping, he is actually taller than me.
Attached Images

68 C10(project)
88 Honda Accord(DD)
93 Chevy Astro EXT 2wd
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Clrussell

Darn! I was hoping you were going to say that it was an painless harness with some sort of tuneable computer system! My accel is horribly out dated.. But runs... Maybe one day I'll win the lotto and buy big stuff 3
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
dliving69

I went out and did some touch up under the hood on the firewall and fender wells.. and on the grill inserts. Car show Friday. Shes not the best lookin or the coolest but I still love to show her.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
hayhauler71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dliving69 View Post
I went out and did some touch up under the hood on the firewall and fender wells.. and on the grill inserts. Car show Friday. Shes not the best lookin or the coolest but I still love to show her.
That truck looks great I would be proud to own it
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
ChillWinstonC20

I drove mine today.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #10
slikside

Well yesterday, I isolated the short that was blowing my dash fuse every time. It was somewhere in the tail/brake light harness.

So today, I cleaned up the right tail light bulb and socket...some corrosion goin' on there.

I also found a ground on the left rear marker light that looked sketchy...cut it off, and put a new terminal on.

I'll be darned if that didn't fix my problem! It is GREAT to have dash lights again!

This has been an issue for DECADES! I've had the truck for 30 years; I'll bet it's been twenty since the dash lights worked reliably.

Yeah, I'm stoked!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
jd7

Installed a black magic extreme fan, updated the p/s pump bracket. Going to install fuel log and push on fuel lines today.i would post pics but I'm not that smart i guess.

Last edited by jd7; 10-06-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
kyle fitz

picked up my rebuilt turbo 350. ordered my 5 inch drop springs and adjustable track arm from POL, this will compliment my cnotch and shock relocation i did the other day
Old 10-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
c10srule

looked at it wandering why its been two weeks and still havnt gotten my new guide plates to warranty the broken ones, havent had time to do much with it been building dads truck with him, got the front end parts layed out and started prepping to paint the backsides of them
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
UNEASYRIDER

Put my badges on!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #15
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Started tear down for the LQ9/4L80e/D60|AAM ... no pics as my phone fell anf I trashed my touchscreen....

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
Old 10-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Washed mine to get rid of the green slime that was starting to grow on her. I really need to get on with sorting out my new (to me) garage so I can get her out of the weather. Unlikely to happen now until next year as I need to re-roof it so I can make the doorway high enough to get her in!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #17
Clrussell

Opened up my birthday present last night..got new rockers, new arm rests and power window kit! Has anyone installed the power window kit from lmc? And pointers? Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
jmdemon55

had my 2 used doors i bought media blasted. drivers door is in terrible shape. i have never seen bondo put on so thick. easily an inch deep over (get this) lawn chair webbing to cover some previous mirror holes. looks like it was beat down with a sledge hammer and filled over. also has the same approach over 2 huge dents in front middle and front lower part of the door. think this one is headed for the scrap pile. passenger door looks better other than where the sport mirror had been. bashed in, webbing,and inch deep bondo to cover the 3 mounting holes? pulled pryed and beat it back to workable shape. ugh some days are better than others, the push continues!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #19
hpcgmc

Heath - I"m about 40 miles East of Sac, so quite a ways from you in the Bay Area. I'm hoping to find some truck owners up here in the Sierra Foothills.

Bennet - my plans are to get the brakes working well enough to drive the truck, then drive it while I work on it. In the next 1 year I hope for most of the rust to be addressed, a primer paint job, a set of rallye rims and maybe disc brakes up front. In the next five years, a new motor (would love to put in a 327, as that was in it when I got it in about 1977), new trans (no need for granny gear) and a paint job. My truck looked an awful lot like yours when I got it. Same blue paint with the white front grill, but mine had some sort of stripe off the nose of the truck, running back along the sides. I'm guessing the original owner did this. Still trying to find the one picture I have of it with the original paint job.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
lolo33

changing my new red carpet is on progress.
put a custom radio in place of an old SONY.
I still have JENSEN "box speakers" in the truck. Is it possible to cut the kick panel and put speaker's ? does water get in the kick panels ?

let's go to the pictures ....

1st : before changing old carpet
2nd : old carpet (with the 2 Jensens speakers
3rd : without carpet
4th : new red carpet
5th : new radio

some stuff to do !
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
jc70chevy

finally tore big block out of truck to find a very fresh bottom end 40 over pistons and 20 over crank. hmmmmmmm. what should i do with this..
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #22
DevilDog Aggie

Actually drove Reveille to work today!!!! First time since I brought her home. She did great. Still some back fire through the carb when cold and some dieseling when shutting down. But all in all, I am happy!!! Hopefully a buddy of mine will be joining soon. He has a '49 GMC that he is working on. He is in the same boat as me: not a wrench turner but wants his girl running.
Build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...87#post5503187
Semper Fi and Gig'em Aggies!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
VWNate1

Post Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Turned on the headlights and got no headlights ! everything else wprked so I flicked the knob with my finger and of course , the headlights blinked on and I drove on my merry way .

So , I reached into the box o' junk I carry in the bed and withdrew an old light switch , ever so carefully spead the clips and took it apart , cleaned out the old rock hard grease then polished all the contacts to a mirror finish (Electrical Tech Tip : never , EVER scrape nor abrade electrical contacts ! polish them instead then grease them ) before greasing the various contacts & sliding bits & re - assembled it , will install it in short order as no lights is bad , very bad indeed .

Al this laor to $ave $7 for a new (Chinese yuk) light switch but now , I know it's good to go for another 40 + years .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #24
Hotrob72

Finally got to drive my truck to town a few weeks ago, reverse had been kinda touch and go when the trans warmed up. After about 10 miles 3rd gear was no more as well...drove it home in second but got home. I do have a lift so I thought it was a good time to buy a tranny jack. Just so happens I went to the Redmond Swap meet and found a nice Quality tranny jack and the guy just so happened to have a "good" 350 trans they had pulled but were not gonna need it...and wanted $30 bucks with the torque converter. So I thought what the hell its only time and not money so I used my new jack and put in my 30 dollar trans. it seems to work great. Also picked up a nice dash cluster as I was looking for a tach. Haven't put the cluster in but did get my new tilt installed, pushed it as far forward as I could (bought off the board, motor home tilt) and nice new repro wheel (also bought off the board) been a great couple weeks.......
Attached Images

1941 Dodge COE
1932 ford roadster
the rest are normal drivers
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #25
jeffg1010

Midnight oil change...

Posted via Mobile Device
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
Closed Thread