The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2022, 10:40 AM   #1
Sheepdip

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Nice job. I guess your buddies know where to go if they want to run an engine now

Yeah yeah 302. That's cool. What I want to know is what's that 3 nostril beast behind it?
Thank You...and you are correct as we have a close-knit small group of guy's that seem to always be swapping and helping each other out, what one doesn't have, another does, and the same with knowledge and talent.

The 3 Nostrils belong to an early (36-37) Ford Flathead V8 that had been hot rodded years ago, it has been hanging on that engine stand for 25 plus years. Seems to fit the bill as a conversation piece more than making any noise.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #2
GOPAPA

Quote:
I see what a lot of people here did today was wake up. Glad to hear it!

CG, I hope you enjoy working at Lowe's even more this time around. I hope you end up asking for more hours

I woke up, too. Then I went got started back on the summer kitchen tree fall repair. Started on the metal roof, pre-fab standing seam. I got the drip edge and barges (what I call them, installed on the gables. What I know as a barge is the edge piece on the gable. This manufacturer calls these prefab pieces slim line rake. Ready to start on the roof panels tomorrow
Sounds like fun tim ,, I miss framing and building .. when I first started out in construction doing carpenter work .. I was put with a old guy (acually younger than I am right now ) and he called the end rafter out past the gable end of the house a Fly Rafter,, and I never heard them called that since ..
Old 12-01-2022, 08:27 PM   #3
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Got most of the wiring run for my new table saw. Three trips to the hardware store! In the first batch, I thought I had 3/4" flex conduit. Get home, nope, it's 1/2"! Rookie mistake. I get those and some other stuff, go to the rental house and do some odds and ends. Closer to selling, yay! Had to get a sliding glass door latch, and one more connector for flex conduit to j-box, because there are 3 in a bag, not 4. I was sure it was four; now I guess I either can't see or can't count. Just need to wire it to the supply. Good time to do it, since no power to the fridge in these temps won't cause any thawing issues. Power is only going to be off for half an hour, anyway.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:54 AM   #4
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
I ate a really good pizza for lunch. This goes back to last night. Yesterday afternoon, really. I had some good spaghetti leftover, even plenty of bread and salad. Easy! But while I was working I kept thinking I want pizza, it's been a while. I usually space out my Italian meals, but I wanted pizza. Worked outside till dark, and this is about 50 minutes from home. I passed up on Genova's up that way. I ran through new Windsor right by Belisimo's, and straight to home. If I say I'll stop by the house, then run into town I must be lying. Never happens that way. But last night I did it because I needed some things from the hardware store and didn't want to deal with Saturday shoppers. There was a special on a large pizza any way you want and I knew exactly what I wanted.
I get to the pizza place with a little wait time. They are as busy as can be, Friday night! The counter guy sets a stack of four boxes on the counter and heads back to help prep. A driver waiting by the door points and says, "That's yours". "Nope, I only bought one pizza". He asks my name and looks at the labels. He pointed to the bottom label, "This is yours" and hands it to me. I put jackets on top of the box and hustled home.

Hmmm... that's a large pizza? Where are the toppings? Look at the label... Tim Hickey, I'm Tim Hicks . It was a plain pizza and part of a $52 order. and they must have been late picking it up because it was barely warm. I loaded it up with peppers, parmesian, garlic, oregano and processed it down. The beer was good anyway.

So today back into town. Took care of a few things and back home with a damn good pizza for lunch!
Tim Hickey? I knew a chick they called Evelyn the hickey giver. Any relation?

My buddy is named Dana. A bunch of us went to a Mexican restaurant.
Some guys came out from the kitchen and asked "Are you Dana?
My buddy said yes.
They put a bad check on the table signed by Raoul Dana.
He told them it wasn't him. His first name was Dana.
They just kept saying "Make it good Deenie'
He finally convinced them that it wasn't him. But we didn't let him off the hook and teased him calling him Deenie. Telling him to make it good.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 11:49 AM   #5
Boog
laying low

I've been up on the roof numerous times so I knew 5 years ago it was time to consider replacing it. I had it replaced sometime after we bought the home 30 years ago.
He asked so I allowed him to go up and take some pictures. Since it has a few tabs broken off and layed over it is easy to see from the street which is why he stopped by. We had a hard thunderstorm blow through last week. Lot of wind. I was in the shop at the time and stopped what I was doing due to the noise and watched it blow through. I told him due to the age of the roof there likely will be no help from the insurance. Eh, if nothing else, this is a learning experience for the young man.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 01:54 PM   #6
72c20customcamper

Just a little over 4 gallons of syrup put up . Still have a week or two for the sap run . Once the buds pop you have to pull the taps . Sap gets a bad taste after the buds pop . The color is getting darker too the jar on the right is from the first run in Feb
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 12:49 AM   #7
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

[QUOTE=special-K;9183506 I hadn't heard about that trumped up BS, as doing a house, and an inspector came next door to a porch job. He walked over and asked if I had a permit. I laughed and said "You're kidding, right?". I asked what the fine was for no permit and he said $75. I did a heap more houses, never got a permit. I'd rather give up $75 on each job so I can jump from house to house and keep on making money rather than wait a couple weeks or more to be allowed to start, after spending nonproductive time down at the county offices.[/QUOTE]

That's why I didn't get permits. Why should I pay the money grubbing county to send their clown out to tell me if my stuff is up to par or not? My stuff isn't up to par... It's better.

I've still got the oak tree stump next to the pool. It has proved to be a worthy advisary. 3 guys, a tractor, a 4 wheel drive truck with a winch, Jackhammers and saw's all afternoon. It won't budge. They're going to have to grind it. It aint givin up.

I saw the funniest thing today. My buddy Sonny is an electrician. He was checking the pool house panel and was walking out and opened the gate and the entire fence just fell over. He just stood there with the gate in his hands looking like WTF? It was priceless, I only wish that I had a camera to record it. I must have laughed for 10 minutes.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Last edited by FleetsidePaul; 03-04-2023 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:41 PM   #8
72c20customcamper

Spent a crapload of cash today . First picture is from the internet second is the unit I bought , my cousin who passed away about a month ago bought it last year . His wife called asked if I was interested in it as she has no use for it. My bil is buying the smaller Deere he had also about the same size of my current BX25 .

Guess I won’t be looking for another truck for a while
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 03-04-2023 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Neet to proof read
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 07:28 AM   #9
Boog
laying low

I've had ants practically kill one of our trees. Son of guns bored a hole through the center of a real large, long limb nearly the length of it. I had seen some ants on the tree but it didn't look out of the ordinary. It wasn't until I cut that big limb down and into shorter lengths that I learned what they were doing. Completely inside the limb.
And again recently I saw trails in some wall studs of my shop behind the wood siding that looked like termite damage. As I poked into them I found ants buried up in them. They were vacated.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 08:44 AM   #10
Getter-Done

Quote:
It's hard to find anything for sale that is "worth it" when it comes to money asked. How about a fake patina '64 SWB with 350/TH350 for $98k?
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...chment&__cft__[0]=AZWQrRy57slHF6JOIUtRfzi3nhZqopvMk6vIG5jPmOMLriqUy11q2Xr1SRskt2HADnMYnEonpIpv2N7WN8osKwfc0VB2BwUsZ6G giQnehEXCOsgSUwAW-9fgbK-1Ih-NoJvtUBAIpDRdfRucG-pQPdiWXoc0Pv3lcbcaq3jR8vZLFleYJ-7_0MZRF-H0hV4S5t6GfAycsQsoElUFwjpybZVJ&__tn__=*b!%3A%3EH-R
Noooo Wayyy No Thanks and I am not asking him if I owe them anything for looking

That is the worst patina job I have ever seen.
There was a guy at the C-10 nationals in Lebanon last year.
That really did a Great job on his truck.
He would fall over Laughing at that.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:06 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Noooo Wayyy No Thanks and I am not asking him if I owe them anything for looking

That is the worst patina job I have ever seen.
There was a guy at the C-10 nationals in Lebanon last year.
That really did a Great job on his truck.
He would fall over Laughing at that.
Ok, now I read the comments. He wants to trade. The price listed is $98,765, another quirk of Marketplace listing. Like seeing a '54 Silverado for sale. He told a guy $25. It's all still craziness to me

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:16 AM   #12
Getter-Done

Quote:
Ok, now I read the comments. He wants to trade. The price listed is $98,765, another quirk of Marketplace listing. Like seeing a '54 Silverado for sale. He told a guy $25. It's all still craziness to me
Yeah

I buy things from MP and the seller's comments about the price like this are,

Well it made me put Something.

My thoughts (What made you put That)

Yeah MP does have it's Quirks
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 08:40 AM   #13
mr.mud1

i was on a big mission yesterday.no time left for anything on my truck.i went to a little fishing down in south west Nova Scotia near Digby.5 hours from here to pick up a 6 foot landscape rake for my tractor.the crusty old fisherman(nice guy) big as a buick,had his son come over from next door to lend a hand to load it,another big ole boy,as big as 2 buicks with hands as big as baseball gloves,got in the middle of the rake,picked it up and put it in the back of my truck?the old fella was excited to show me his new tractor so he did.lo and behold,an old gas pump in the shed.i'll be going back soon to get the pump,anyway then it was onto Halifax and if allowed to see,i wanted to drive through my old neighbourhood and see the carnage from the big fires.we'd heard that people were being allowed back in some areas so i didn't know if i'd get in or not,but i did.what a mess.our house and shop was gone but houses on each side still there but houses on the other sides of the 2 standing,were gone?there were machines there already working and cleaning off building sites.200 homes destroyed.we are so lucky but awful for those folks.then it was off to the steel place where i had made an order to pick up,material for my latest project,a new steel clothes line pole for the boss and material for a metal workers table and metal brake i'm building,then onto The Masstown Market for some of their homemade bread and donuts,not like i need either.my Doctor told me it wouldn't hurt if i missed a meal.i said Doc,you're probably right but there's no sense risking it??all in all a big day,about 1000 kilometers so about 600 miles.it's all good.take care all.Greg
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 04:49 PM   #14
D.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
i was on a big mission yesterday.no time left for anything on my truck.i went to a little fishing down in south west Nova Scotia near Digby.5 hours from here to pick up a 6 foot landscape rake for my tractor.the crusty old fisherman(nice guy) big as a buick,had his son come over from next door to lend a hand to load it,another big ole boy,as big as 2 buicks with hands as big as baseball gloves,got in the middle of the rake,picked it up and put it in the back of my truck?the old fella was excited to show me his new tractor so he did.lo and behold,an old gas pump in the shed.i'll be going back soon to get the pump,anyway then it was onto Halifax and if allowed to see,i wanted to drive through my old neighbourhood and see the carnage from the big fires.we'd heard that people were being allowed back in some areas so i didn't know if i'd get in or not,but i did.what a mess.our house and shop was gone but houses on each side still there but houses on the other sides of the 2 standing,were gone?there were machines there already working and cleaning off building sites.200 homes destroyed.we are so lucky but awful for those folks.then it was off to the steel place where i had made an order to pick up,material for my latest project,a new steel clothes line pole for the boss and material for a metal workers table and metal brake i'm building,then onto The Masstown Market for some of their homemade bread and donuts,not like i need either.my Doctor told me it wouldn't hurt if i missed a meal.i said Doc,you're probably right but there's no sense risking it??all in all a big day,about 1000 kilometers so about 600 miles.it's all good.take care all.Greg

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  36.6 KB

This looks like a backend of a first Gen Camaro. If it is, what a shame.
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 05:07 PM   #15
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B View Post
Attachment 2274147

This looks like a backend of a first Gen Camaro. If it is, what a shame.
yes sir,that's exactly what it is,a first gen Camaro.when we sold our house 3 years ago and moved away,i think he was working on that Camaro and had a later 70-81 style Camaro with a real nasty 427 in it.i used to hear him cranking it up to go cruisin in it.it sounded like a million bucks,i don't see that car in the wreckage but i didn't get close,so i don't know if it survived.a mess all around.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:14 PM   #16
mr.mud1

it finally stopped raining,i could hear the grass growing over the noise of the rain drops,a beautiful day to spend some quality time on my little Cub Cadet.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2023, 06:17 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
it finally stopped raining,i could hear the grass growing over the noise of the rain drops,a beautiful day to spend some quality time on my little Cub Cadet.
such a nice spot you have. I didn't realize that was a creek next to you, running into the sea.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:45 PM   #18
mr.mud1

Quote:
such a nice spot you have. I didn't realize that was a creek next to you, running into the sea.
yes sir,it's a nice spot.we love it,especially now that we know our old place,my old shop burned to the ground along with 200 other homes in those wildfires that roared through our old neighbourhood near Halifax 6 weeks ago.if we hadn't moved to this place 3 years ago and built a new shop here,we'd be in a world of hurt right now.
this property,about 8 acres has a brook at the base of our front lawn that actually comes under the road at the sharp bend,from across the road from down in behind my Grandparents property.they had about 6 acres across the road.our property has Coal Mine Brook the runs down behind my shop here and the 2 brooks meet and head to the beach.both properties,ours and my Grandparents are sort of shaped like a piece of pie with the pointy end down at the beach with the road between them.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2023, 07:39 PM   #19
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Your yard makes me want to play golf.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:54 PM   #20
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Your yard makes me want to play golf.
well bring your clubs and come ahead.we have lots or room.you or any of the guys are welcome anytime.
Old 07-11-2023, 11:07 PM   #21
mr.mud1

i had nothing much to do on my truck,the sky was threatening rain so i didn't want to go mow or spend time with the tractor and the bush hog,so because i'm not all there,i guess i decided since the paint on my Mustang felt like sandpaper??it would be a good day to use the clay bar and put a coat of wax on it.humidity of about 95 million percent,it didn't take much rubbing,i had sweat running out of places i didn't know could sweat?i rubbed a bunch of red crap off it anyway?no idea what it was but it was smooth when i finished and looked good once waxed.i changed the oil and filter as it was due and while up on the lift,notiiced my new Yokohama tires i waited 4 months for,installed on the front with a new wheel alignment in May,wearing on the inside rib,just as the Pirelli tires that were on it,worn off the inside right down to the steel cords?another appointment Friday with the shop that just lined it up?i love this car but it eats tires?Ford already changed all 4 Pirelli's it came with under warranty and they lasted no time?got to come up with something better than this?
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2023, 07:23 PM   #22
mr.mud1

Quote:
About your property, for me it gets no better than to have natural features present on or near your own property. You have God's landscaping (then there's the part some mortal named Greg keeps up

Mustang front tires, that sucks. I went through rear tires every 8,000 miles with my '92 K3500. Went round and round under warranty, where they did nothing. One symptom was wet brake shoes, so locked up when wet. Dealer: "We can't get the brakes to lock up. come and get it". Me: "Got a hose? Call me when it's fixed". So a new axle seal and brake shoes, two weeks later locking brakes in wet.

I didn't notice the tire problem until the second set of bigger tires. This went on and on and I just kept buying rear tires. Went to a tire shop for a 4 wheel thrust alignment check. "There's no adjustment on the rear". "Do it anyway, I want a reading". About 3/8" off each side toed-in. Finally I bought a junk yard rear. Removing the old rear is when I notice the driver side leaf was tilted and shackle bent some. Get it all loose and the axle tube could be moved around. It was never welded to the carrier and the leaf spring held it in place.
thanks Tim.we are so fortunate to be here,we love the place.we lived on a 100 x 100 lot near Halifax and it's gone in the fires.i always wanted a big lawn to mow.careful what you wish for,i got it.by the time i get this done,it's time to start again.no complaints,we love it here.interesting about your truck and you tire problems,hopefully they'll have something to offer on Friday.i have to go to Ford as well about a recall.depending what the alignment shop finds or has to offer,i may check at Ford.it's passed warranty so i doubt they have any magic to offer but you never know?take care.Greg
Old 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM   #23
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
What wheels are on it? Some of the later optional factory wheels look good on the earlier trucks, the way rallyes look good on older GMs. Even their argent colors spoke style wheels. But the latest steel wheels look great, about 10 clots like rallyes and they take a dog dish cap
It's got these on it now. I don't know what kind of wheel this is. They just look too small to me.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 09-09-2023, 05:19 AM   #24
4u2nv

Quote:
It's got these on it now. I don't know what kind of wheel this is. They just look too small to me.

Same as what was on my 87 but no name on them
Attached Images

4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 11:43 PM   #25
dieseldawg142

Quote:

them wheels look a lot like Eagle Alloys. i belive they were bought out a few yrs ago and not in production anymore. got the same rims on my crew, but i powder coated the rims on the truck, but my spare is still natural alum.
Name:  IMG_2499.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  42.5 KBName:  IMG_2501.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  36.3 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote