The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #451
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Of course I will they know all about you guys, I've told them how y'all have helped me with my truck given me ideas and things like that so y'all are family just in different states.

As far as the truck goes nothing will be done today either moving more stuff and well it's cinco de mayo so I'm going to my gf's house to BBQ and drink and spend time with her and her family if things are slow this week for a change I'll get the sanding done, I know it's killing me not having anything done!

If any of y'all do celebrate today just be safe and have fun and enjoy the time your able to spend with family and friends!
Posted via Mobile Device

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #452
77ChevySharkBite

Well there's always bonuses to building a truck. You friends ask you for help because well 1. your building a truck from the ground up, and 2. you typically have a s!@# load of tools that the "average joe" might now have

One of my buddies is thinking about getting a mustang to restore so I'll probably get him to maybe join even if it's just to go to the Alternate Tinkering Area, or I'll just make another link for it.

My buddy has a Jeep that were going to cut the fenders on and instead of him spending $400 for new fenders that look "better" were going to use his stock ones and save him some money. So that will get done sometime this week, I'll make sure to take some pictures for you guys no worries.

More moving to be done tonight so no sanding down, this experience of moving has made me HATE moving with a passion and when I move again I think I'll take the option of paying someone to do it for me. I'll play the supervisor role!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #453
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Well there's always bonuses to building a truck. You friends ask you for help because well 1. your building a truck from the ground up, and 2. you typically have a s!@# load of tools that the "average joe" might now have

One of my buddies is thinking about getting a mustang to restore so I'll probably get him to maybe join even if it's just to go to the Alternate Tinkering Area, or I'll just make another link for it.

My buddy has a Jeep that were going to cut the fenders on and instead of him spending $400 for new fenders that look "better" were going to use his stock ones and save him some money. So that will get done sometime this week, I'll make sure to take some pictures for you guys no worries.

More moving to be done tonight so no sanding down, this experience of moving has made me HATE moving with a passion and when I move again I think I'll take the option of paying someone to do it for me. I'll play the supervisor role!
good youl have pics! i just uploaded some...
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #454
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
good youl have pics! i just uploaded some...

I saw it looks good bro!!!! I posted in yours as well so I'm sure you've read it by now.

Of course I'll have pictures!! I know these threads are useless without pictures!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #455
chevybuilder18

Quote:
I saw it looks good bro!!!! I posted in yours as well so I'm sure you've read it by now.

Of course I'll have pictures!! I know these threads are useless without pictures!
Naw i wait to look at your guys threads before mine lol. so i can learn before i post.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #456
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Naw i wait to look at your guys threads before mine lol. so i can learn before i post.

thanks man, but a lot of mine is nonsense sometimes

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #457
77ChevySharkBite

Well fellas things are going to start slowing down a little bit over here on my side, I'm not saying I'm going to stop working on the truck because I'm not, still have some adjustments to make, I think I finally have an idea on what I want fully as a paint scheme/overall design on the truck. I'm looking at GM's dark metallic blue except the roof I'm going to get that painted white just think it would looks awesome that way, with the black mirrors, grille, door handles, key holes. I'm undecided on what I'll be doing with the bumpers if i'll leave them chrome or get them painted black, I'm probably going to do either a white or grey pin strip job, and then the final touch to it all will be new rims and tires, which will be chrome just don't know what rim yet.

Now reason things are going to slow down a little bit is I've got to focus on school in a big way, I haven't gone to school in almost a year in reality I should be done with school (college), and then I'm also trying to move up in my company to get some more income and prepare for a better future for myself, but don't worry I will still be working on the truck but might not be much big stuff just tiny issues, not going anywhere y'all guys are my family or that's the way I see y'all.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #458
77ChevySharkBite

Well fellas as I promised here are pictures of the weekend project we didn't get it fully finished but we got as much done with the time limit we had

Here's the before picture

The after said and done trying to get a little flex going on

5 inch metal mulisha tips!

And well this how my night ended for me watching The Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros, it was an early Mother's Day present for my mom and my godmother and aunt. 8-7 was the final score Texas Rangers

Well I know some of you might be wondering why we did the fenders the way we did, it's simply because my buddy didn't feel like spending $400-$500 bucks on aftermarket fenders when you can do it for free. The rears will be done next weekend or sometime soon but all fenders will look the same!

The rims are KMC Monster rims only pair I've still seen to this day on a Jeep, tires are 33's, as you can tell at full flex no rub at all it has no lift just rims and tires so it was also more of a reason to do it, so what ya guys think of the handy work?
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #459
chevybuilder18

i like the transformer look to it. it looks sick
Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #460
77ChevySharkBite

Thanks man, I'll make sure to tell him for you. It's a good looking jeep, his next big project on it will be to actually lift it, which I will not be doing as much as I would like to he wants to take it to a shop to have done which is understandable.

How far is Lincoln IL from Chicago IL? Reason I'm asking is I'll be in Chicago this Thursday I was just wondering as to how close it was that's all.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off

Last edited by 77ChevySharkBite; 05-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #461
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Thanks man, I'll make sure to tell him for you. It's a good looking jeep, his next big project on it will be to actually lift it, which I will not be doing as much as I would like to he wants to take it to a shop to have done which is understandable.

How far is Lincoln IL from Chicago IL? Reason I'm asking is I'll be in Chicago this Thursday I was just wondering as to how close it was that's all.
3 hour drive, possible 5 hour drive if you run into alot of traffic. id say a guess, 65 miles or more
i wish we could meet somewhere in the middle. but no vehicle on my end till i get mine running. if you can come on down! id like to meet ya
Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #462
chevybuilder18

are you ok? heard tornados went through texas. hope you and your family are alright
Old 05-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #463
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
3 hour drive, possible 5 hour drive if you run into alot of traffic. id say a guess, 65 miles or more
i wish we could meet somewhere in the middle. but no vehicle on my end till i get mine running. if you can come on down! id like to meet ya
hey man sorry for a late reply it was a pretty tight schedule for myself and really didn't have a lot of free time, when I left I kind of went dead to the world but i want to know I wasn't ignoring you man. I was actually in a town called Joilet not sure if you've heard of it over off I-55, got to admit it's a nice state definitely different from my Texas.

Quote:
are you ok? heard tornados went through texas. hope you and your family are alright
Again I'm sorry just answering you man, yeah were all okay here. It was more up north around the Dallas area, but i think it was still further North, but still all my family is good. Yeah from what I heard the tornados tore up there pretty well man. Sad that all this stuff has happened in Texas lately my thoughts and prayers are out to the families affected by it.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #464
chevybuilder18

Quote:
hey man sorry for a late reply it was a pretty tight schedule for myself and really didn't have a lot of free time, when I left I kind of went dead to the world but i want to know I wasn't ignoring you man. I was actually in a town called Joilet not sure if you've heard of it over off I-55, got to admit it's a nice state definitely different from my Texas.
Thanks for complementing the state, you HAVENT seen all of it. and its ok man. Yea I-55 runs right through lincoln so if your ever intrested in finding Lincoln, or this states Capital which is 32 miles from me, and easily a 15 min drive, all you gotta do is follow signs to springfield really.

Quote:
Again I'm sorry just answering you man, yeah were all okay here. It was more up north around the Dallas area, but i think it was still further North, but still all my family is good. Yeah from what I heard the tornados tore up there pretty well man. Sad that all this stuff has happened in Texas lately my thoughts and prayers are out to the families affected by it.
mine too. OKC got hit, 37 dead by tonights count, thoughts and prayers to those familys effected in Texas and Oklahoma
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #465
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Thanks for complementing the state, you HAVENT seen all of it. and its ok man. Yea I-55 runs right through lincoln so if your ever intrested in finding Lincoln, or this states Capital which is 32 miles from me, and easily a 15 min drive, all you gotta do is follow signs to springfield really.

mine too. OKC got hit, 37 dead by tonights count, thoughts and prayers to those familys effected in Texas and Oklahoma
Yeah I wouldn't mind checking it out for sure! it'd been nice to meet up with you too man, one day maybe. Yeah it looks like I get to start being a traveling fool, I think it's possible for another trip up to Chicago, then August I'll be headed to Cali!

It's sad man, I have some friends that are up in OK, there okay though thankfully man it's sad really sad that it's been getting torn up lately.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #466
chevybuilder18

I agree it is sad. they lowered yesterdays death count.. to 25. hopefully they find the other 25
Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #467
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I agree it is sad. they lowered yesterdays death count.. to 25. hopefully they find the other 25

I agree man! Still thoughts and prayers are out to the families that are missing there loved ones.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #468
77ChevySharkBite

Well as you guys know not much has been done the past couple of weeks, going to try and go to habor freight or somewhere like there this week sometime looking to go pick up a wire wheel and I'm going to start working on the inside of the truck and start tearing it to pieces and see about getting it all fixed up look at any crappy wiring job done.

Sorry for things being slowly lately but I promise things will pick up soon.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #469
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Well as you guys know not much has been done the past couple of weeks, going to try and go to habor freight or somewhere like there this week sometime looking to go pick up a wire wheel and I'm going to start working on the inside of the truck and start tearing it to pieces and see about getting it all fixed up look at any crappy wiring job done.

Sorry for things being slowly lately but I promise things will pick up soon.
Work in progress, just like my non running truck sitting there. we all knew it wont be running cause i still dont got enough money intil i pay off some of these medical bills. the wiring took a huge chunk outta my spring check wait it took all of it, but it will be running and thats all im concerned of..
Old 05-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #470
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Work in progress, just like my non running truck sitting there. we all knew it wont be running cause i still dont got enough money intil i pay off some of these medical bills. the wiring took a huge chunk outta my spring check wait it took all of it, but it will be running and thats all im concerned of..

Yep it'll run one day or the common saying that I've seen people say it and I've been told it, when it's done it's still not done hahaha.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #471
77ChevySharkBite

Well nothing happened this weekend on the truck, it ended up being a crazy weekend for me, with a graduation, oil needing to be changed, and then washing a car yeah it took up my weekend. I got to admit I'm going places in life now I changed oil in an LR2 this past weekend, got to admit it was different but kind of threw you off but it got done. Instead of your oil filter being on bottom it's on top, instead of taking 5-6 quarts of oil it takes 8, to take the oil filter off it's a 36mm socket and it's not a regular can like ours but it's a paper filter, I know it seems like I'm complaining just different to see it, but overall it was easy I'd do it again. It also helps when someone has done a write up on it, makes it about a million times easier.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #472
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yep it'll run one day or the common saying that I've seen people say it and I've been told it, when it's done it's still not done hahaha.
still got the body peices to put on it lol fenders, cab corners, to long to list haha
Quote:
Well nothing happened this weekend on the truck, it ended up being a crazy weekend for me, with a graduation, oil needing to be changed, and then washing a car yeah it took up my weekend. I got to admit I'm going places in life now I changed oil in an LR2 this past weekend, got to admit it was different but kind of threw you off but it got done. Instead of your oil filter being on bottom it's on top, instead of taking 5-6 quarts of oil it takes 8, to take the oil filter off it's a 36mm socket and it's not a regular can like ours but it's a paper filter, I know it seems like I'm complaining just different to see it, but overall it was easy I'd do it again. It also helps when someone has done a write up on it, makes it about a million times easier.
LR2?? whats that? sounds like a hybrid motor lol
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #473
truckzilla

I'm bettin' a LR2 is an updated LR1!
truckzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #474
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
still got the body peices to put on it lol fenders, cab corners, to long to list haha
Hahaha I need to pick up some door rockers I think? my passenger side is rusted pretty bad. It's still whole, I'm still waiting to clean out the garage fully so I can get it to bare frame and then really have some fun with it It's all still there really all that needs to be done is I need to clean the bed of my truck off so I can work on it.

Quote:
LR2?? whats that? sounds like a hybrid motor lol
It's a Land Rover sorry it's the smallest one they make it's pretty badass though, I kind of want one kind takes off a little slow but once it shifts to 2nd your gone. It has a F*$d 3.2 I-6 it's got a little get up and go.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #475
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
I'm bettin' a LR2 is an updated LR1!

Right on the money!!!!