The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2023, 11:08 PM   #4801
mr.mud1

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

well it wasn't today,but a few days ago,took off on a road trip to Williamsgrove Speedway in Mechanicsburg,PA to see the winged sprint cars in action Friday and Saturday night.a great time was had by all.it's a good thing they don't race those cars around here,cause i think i'd have to be involved with one,some form or fashion.that appears to be the most fun you can have keeping your clothes on?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:53 AM   #4802
sakustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's View Post
I have a '67 I've been working on for about 5 years. Only part left from the doors back of the original car is the trunk lid and I should have bought a better used one of those too, after having it chemically stripped and discovering the truth.
That's looking really good. I've been doing this for just shy of a year now in my one car garage.

I had to make the one rocker brace by hand. I didn't even know these were in there till I cut the rocker off.

sakustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:55 AM   #4803
sakustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's View Post
I tried for 2 years to get a contractor to re-face my shop building, after I removed the sliding doors and installed an overhead. No one wanted to do this or didn't know how and charged me $1,200 to mess it up. So, I spent 4 weeks learning how to do it myself. The only part I wasn't comfortable with was extending the gable end for an overhang. I don't like flat gable ends. The sliders were beat up and hard to open/close when we bought the place 4 years ago.
Wow that's insane. Lot of hard work but came out looking great.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:15 AM   #4804
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
well it wasn't today,but a few days ago,took off on a road trip to Williamsgrove Speedway in Mechanicsburg,PA to see the winged sprint cars in action Friday and Saturday night.a great time was had by all.it's a good thing they don't race those cars around here,cause i think i'd have to be involved with one,some form or fashion.that appears to be the most fun you can have keeping your clothes on?
I would have liked to have met up with you. I haven't been to Williams Grove in a few years. That track is very historic. Maybe not the exact birthplace of dirt track but definitely one of the first tracks. Before Williams Grove they raced on the flat horse track at Latimore Valley Fairgrounds. Cars got faster and faster until a crash killed a young racer, causing racing to cease on that track. The following year it started up at Williams Grove. Sprint car racers all over the US know about "The Pennsylvania Posse"!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:58 AM   #4805
mr.mud1

yes sir,it's a cool place,says on the sign when you drive in to park,Williamsgrove Speedway,since 1939 i think.pretty cool.i love the place.i'll be buying tickets again for next year as soon as i can.the World of Outlaws battle with the Pennsylvannia Posse is well know,they talked about it all night long.we were there a few years ago,just Greg Hodnut had been killed,one of the best from PA.they did a pace lap with one one of Hodnut's crew driving his car out front and another racer,raced with Hodnut's wing on his car.very cool.i took a picture on the way home as we passed the exit for Walden,NY and sent that to another fella i talk to on here and emailed it to him when i got home.he said holy cow,i live 10 minutes from that exit ramp?next time we'll have make arrangements to meet up.that would be nice.take care.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:09 AM   #4806
3757chevy

Not today , but yesterday I went to Pueblo Motorsports Park for the final day of the Rocky Mountain Raceweek. There were some some pretty quick cars . I guess I didn't know you could get your choice of Chevy or Dodge Suburban in 1956.
Attached Images

MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:34 PM   #4807
ghackett1
68 C10 Longbed

Today I picked up a 36” drum fan (belt driven) from Tractor Supply. That beast is just what the shop needed!
ghackett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 08:26 PM   #4808
tutone

I'm putting together a pickup truck camper setup in my diesel truck. Rather than build a platform, I was given a memory foam mattress so I cut off a 32" wide chunk for my bed. Gonna set up a 12v system and a coleman stove and leave a place for a cooler. It will be a good spot to get a quick nap or a layover on a road trip.
Attached Images

1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #4809
yuccales

Found this rusty wrench yesterday. Was going to hang it on the outbuilding as is. But, I was bored so... Brought back to life. Works perfect. I did not need another Crescent wrench, but enjoyed fixing it.
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:57 PM   #4810
Boog
laying low

And that is one of the old SAE ones too.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:31 PM   #4811
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

^ I have a newer model that will do SAE, SI and Whitworth.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:51 PM   #4812
yuccales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
And that is one of the old SAE ones too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
^ I have a newer model that will do SAE, SI and Whitworth.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 09:53 PM   #4813
mr.mud1

we decided this morning,a pretty day,our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend,to take the Mustang out and stretch her legs,waiting since July for a pair of tires and not using it much,still waiting but thought we'd take a chance and make a run to the Masstown Market,about an hour and a half away,in Masstown,Nova Scotia for some of their home made baked goods,not that i need any but they're so good.as usual,the place was packed.lots of folks buying farm market produce,the new apples are coming now,baked goods and so on,although it was about 3:00 pm when we were there,so alot of empty shelves but we managed to find some goodies,then walked out and a guy beside my Mustang locked out of his truck.he asked me if i could get in.i retired from CAA (AAA in the States) i said yes i can get in but i don't have my gear.he said i have an unlock kit but don't know how to use it??give me that stuff i said and in a few seconds he was on his way.then we noticed a bunch of folks over at the fish Market lighthouse and fish&chip boat they have on site,kind of busy.my wife said would you like some fish&chips?i said if you do so over went to get some.turns out after this Thanksgiving weekend,they shut down the boat so it was now or never,or til spring anyway.we ate up and headed home all on back roads,top down,good music playing,the fall colors are spectacular.a great day.we do have alot to be thankful for when you look at what some other folks are going through.take care all.
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2023, 06:16 AM   #4814
special-K
Special Order

That looks good. That boat has a deck much bigger than it's hull .

I pretty much stay away from sweets. I guess baked desserts are about the healthiest and less sweet. This years I've been giving in. Coming home from the truck show at Carlisle back in August I stopped in to Peter's Orchard and walked out with a cherry crumb cake. Man was that good! Just a thin layer of cherry goo in the middle, not too sweet. Heading to fall Carlisle week before last I stopped in again to see if they still had those. They had one in the cooler! Mmmmm....

We have a local farmstead market I pass by coming home from the job I'm on. I stop in mostly for sweet corn, but they had apple cider donuts. Those were so delicious...perfect. Cake like but moist with cinnamon. So good with coffee. They're closed on Monday, so today I'll be stopping in. I hope they have more!!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 07:31 AM   #4815
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That looks good. That boat has a deck much bigger than it's hull .

I pretty much stay away from sweets. I guess baked desserts are about the healthiest and less sweet. This years I've been giving in. Coming home from the truck show at Carlisle back in August I stopped in to Peter's Orchard and walked out with a cherry crumb cake. Man was that good! Just a thin layer of cherry goo in the middle, not too sweet. Heading to fall Carlisle week before last I stopped in again to see if they still had those. They had one in the cooler! Mmmmm....

We have a local farmstead market I pass by coming home from the job I'm on. I stop in mostly for sweet corn, but they had apple cider donuts. Those were so delicious...perfect. Cake like but moist with cinnamon. So good with coffee. They're closed on Monday, so today I'll be stopping in. I hope they have more!!!
Hi Tim.i don't have much of a sweet tooth either.whenever there's a birthday cake here for someone,i eat the cake out from under the icing and leave it on the plate,someone else eats it.YUCK.so sweet,it makes my teeth hurt.i do like the homemade donuts at the Masstown Market,cinnamon are my favourite but usually sold out when you get there late(like yesterday)the plain ones are good too,with a coffee so we got a pack.before covid,they used to bring out trays of donuts,still warm and put them in a display.you'd put them in a bag yourself,sometime when they were still warm,you'd pick them up and you could see them sagging.now they are 10 in a plastic shell,more expensive then when you'd put a dozen in a bag??progress i guess?i'll have to find you a picture of what's called a Cape Island Boat and sent it to you.my dad had one,40 feet long.it's been a popular style of boat around here for a 100 years or more.i don't know but i think i remember hearing the big bow area had something to do with how the boat handled in rough water and the men would need lots of room to work.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:45 AM   #4816
Boog
laying low

Went to a dentist. I've had a broken jaw tooth for nearly a year. I pulled the broken half myself and had no issues until lately. That remaining half has gotten angry. The whole left side of my head is swollen and throbbing. So they took a lot of picks and the dr did a quick exam and spouted off a lengthy list of services to do for me, with me telling him all the while that I just want that tooth pulled. It sounded like they were going to rebuild my mouth. He wanted to put in a few caps since I had had some before and a few other things. I said uh uhh. I've never had ANY dental work done before. He said yeah, you have. I said no I haven't! I have all my original teeth (with the exception of one wisdom tooth I had pulled) with no fillings, caps or anything else. I went to the dentist once in my life in 1980 for that. These are original equipment 70 year old teeth that have served me well. He didn't believe me but was wise enough to not argue any longer with me. Part of his plan was to set me up with a good dental regimen. I said my dental regimen has done me very well since ^^^^ I have all my original teeth with no fillings, or caps or anything else done for 70 years! However, parts do wear out.
Well, anyway we get to the plan for my dental future. It totals $2912.70. I told them up front we do not have a dental insurance plan and man, their prices are ridiculous. $37 for a tooth brush, $23 for tooth paste, and those cleaning costs. That wisdom tooth I had pulled was done in one visit, $15. This jaw tooth will cost me over $200. And I have to wait 7 days while my blood thinners run out of my system and this infection clears up. So right now I am hugged up with a heating pad and ice packs trying to get some relief.
And how was your day?

Old 10-10-2023, 10:06 AM   #4817
sakustoms

Quote:
Went to a dentist. I've had a broken jaw tooth for nearly a year. I pulled the broken half myself and had no issues until lately. That remaining half has gotten angry. The whole left side of my head is swollen and throbbing. So they took a lot of picks and the dr did a quick exam and spouted off a lengthy list of services to do for me, with me telling him all the while that I just want that tooth pulled. It sounded like they were going to rebuild my mouth. He wanted to put in a few caps since I had had some before and a few other things. I said uh uhh. I've never had ANY dental work done before. He said yeah, you have. I said no I haven't! I have all my original teeth (with the exception of one wisdom tooth I had pulled) with no fillings, caps or anything else. I went to the dentist once in my life in 1980 for that. These are original equipment 70 year old teeth that have served me well. He didn't believe me but was wise enough to not argue any longer with me. Part of his plan was to set me up with a good dental regimen. I said my dental regimen has done me very well since ^^^^ I have all my original teeth with no fillings, or caps or anything else done for 70 years! However, parts do wear out.
Well, anyway we get to the plan for my dental future. It totals $2912.70. I told them up front we do not have a dental insurance plan and man, their prices are ridiculous. $37 for a tooth brush, $23 for tooth paste, and those cleaning costs. That wisdom tooth I had pulled was done in one visit, $15. This jaw tooth will cost me over $200. And I have to wait 7 days while my blood thinners run out of my system and this infection clears up. So right now I am hugged up with a heating pad and ice packs trying to get some relief.
And how was your day?
Sorry to hear all of this. I am all too well aware of your struggles. My teeth have always been brittle. I have one broken tooth for just about a year now and one I broke back in July. I think I also chipped a corner off of another one and that one is giving me issues. I also seem to forever have an elevated body temp which I attribute to issues with the teeth.
I am planning to call my dentist this week sometime. He has fixed a bunch of my teeth with the old silver fillings. One tooth he actually rebuilt a couple times and after the last time told me he was done and the next person to work on that tooth was going to be Jesus because he never would again.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:09 AM   #4818
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
And how was your day?

I feel your pain, I went through the same situation last month. Hang in there buddy.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 10:37 AM   #4819
Getter-Done

Quote:
And how was your day?
Almost every Dentist is like that.

They Open your mouth and look for money.
Especially if you have good insurance.

Hope this works out Good for You.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 07:01 PM   #4820
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Good luck, Boog. I've had my share of dental issues in the past few years but nothing like yours -- or should I say what they want to do to you.

Mine have mostly been root canals and crowns. Out-of-pocket, no insurance. I accused them of somehow finding out I had a little more money left.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 07:46 PM   #4821
Boog
laying low

Aspen dental is the place. Lady called this afternoon to schedule the appointment for removal. She said the 23rd and to discontinue my blood thinners 7 days before. That's 2 more weeks of this, and besides that, I have already stopped taking my blood thinners. She said she didn't tell me to stop taking them yet. I said I already knew I'd have to stop them a week in advance so I stopped them before yesterday's visit. Amazingly she found a spot next monday instead. Imagine that. She verified the extraction and deep cleaning on that day. I said nope. I only want the extraction. She said the Dr wants to do both. I said I went in there for a tooth removal only and am not interested in their other services. I paid in advance for just the removal.
Drs don't care for patients making medical decisions for themselves. They are in the medical field to make all the money they can and if they can push folks into having procedures done that aren't absolutely necessary, they'll do it. Much like auto garages and so many other businesses.

Old 10-10-2023, 10:29 PM   #4822
Sheepdip

Funny Thing....I just had a tooth pulled today. Of course it reared its ugly head at 5pm Friday Night, suffered through the weekend and Monday. Got in this AM, 30 minutes in and out and I'm good to go until the next problem.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 08:58 AM   #4823
my56chevytruck

Quote:
And how was your day?
my dentist officeappears to be a branch office of NASA so when you go in for one thing, they find 15-20 more things you need done (they say). I appreciate all the work and schooling they've got but come on. Hope your feelilng better by now!!
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 06:47 PM   #4824
weq92f

Quote:
Went to a dentist. <snip>…
And how was your day?
I think you figured out how to decline services eh? I went once and declined the X-ray. They acted like nobody had ever done that and had me sign a waiver stating I intentionally declined the X-ray! I knew what I wanted and didn’t need that so NO. If it weren’t for my wife, I probably would have limited my kids exposure to the revenue generating machine that is modern dentistry.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 07:02 PM   #4825
weq92f

Quote:
Drs don't care for patients making medical decisions for themselves. They are in the medical field to make all the money they can and if they can push folks into having procedures done that aren't absolutely necessary, they'll do it. Much like auto garages and so many other businesses.

Boog you’ve nailed it right here. Indeed the industry has become profit driven just like the others. It is ok to both say no and shop around for good prices! Have them quote the service just like a body shop. Get three and choose your favorite LOL.

My doc sits back and listens, allows me to decide what treatment best suits my needs and so far, it has worked out. He’s an old school relic from the past.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote