The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #4826
64shortbox

Smile Re: What did you do to your truck today?

markeb01,
Thanks, and yes if it was one degree off I would have cut the pedal off and rewelded straight or stuck it in the vice with a little heat and give it a little tweak. Like you said stuff that isn't square & plumb just irks me to no end. I also tend to notice the little stuff. That's how I saw what doobiebro did with his brake pedal. He posted a picture of his interior and I noticed his modern brake pedal. I asked him how he did it and he told me. The people on this site are the best.

MisterC,
Thank you too. As stated before I stole the idea from doobiebro. I'm not smart enough to think of stuff like this on my own, but I have no problem stealing other peoples ideas. I'm just glad everyone on this site is so willing to share. I have learned so much, yet the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know squat.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #4827
LinkbeltOE

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

64shortbox,
It was very easy once I figured out how to remove my axles. No "adjustments" we're needed. I had everything powder coated first and I'm waiting on my calipers to come back so I'm not 100% done but im 99%.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #4828
dean jendro
Old and crusty

Sanded some more on my cab, media blasted some small parts and made a pile of larger stuff for the chem strip guy. Also worked some on the grill, mounted the headlight buckets in the grill and mounted the grill assembly in the grill mount to check all the fits. Found that the clearance on the top side was real tight so I enongated the mounting holes to allow me to drop the grill about 3/16 inch in the opening.

Anyone know what the purpose is of the little rubber thingy shown on the headlight buckets? Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #4829
firefighter736

Got the wood bed test fitted and the holes drilled. Can't wait to get my tailgate done and I'll be practically done with the major stuff..

1966 Chevy C10 Pics

Rust to Riding - Pictures of my build
Old 03-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #4830
losthope

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean jendro View Post
Anyone know what the purpose is of the little rubber thingy shown on the headlight buckets? Thanks.
they have to do with the wiring harness on my truck they were electrical taped to the harness, holds them up to the buckets, i dont know how they origanally go, theres one on my hood also for the turn signal harness...

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
Old 03-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #4831
dean jendro
Old and crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthope View Post
they have to do with the wiring harness on my truck they were electrical taped to the harness, holds them up to the buckets, i dont know how they origanally go, theres one on my hood also for the turn signal harness...
That's what I thought. I don't think I'll be able to reuse them though. The rubber is hard as a rock and if I try to push them back thru the holes they'll probably break. I've never seen any of these as repops.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #4832
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Oops sorry, didn't see the earlier response.

Quote:

If you're talking about the two things that I pointed to, those are factory anchors for the wire loom. They were taped into the factory harness so it could be snapped in place during production:

Fyi I have used many of these over and over again with success. They will usually pop right out if you collapse the prongs with a pair of pliers. I believe they are solid nylon so they're pretty stiff to begin with.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #4833
dean jendro
Old and crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Oops sorry, didn't see the earlier response.

If you're talking about the two things that I pointed to, those are factory anchors for the wire loom. They were taped into the factory harness so it could be snapped in place during production:

Fyi I have used many of these over and over again with success. They will usually pop right out if you collapse the prongs with a pair of pliers. I believe they are solid nylon so they're pretty stiff to begin with.
Mark,
The part that pushes thru is bullet shaped and is pretty hard. I'm going to put it in at pot of hot water for awhile then lube it up and push real hard. With any luck I can reuse. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #4834
MARTYZ

Snow is gone here in ontario canada, got truck out of storage and cleaned it up, and then found this forum. Good day all round
Old 03-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #4835
losthope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYZ View Post
Snow is gone here in ontario canada, got truck out of storage and cleaned it up, and then found this forum. Good day all round
Welcome Martyz!! Great group of people here hope you enjoy! Pictures of your truck? Any info on it?

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
Old 03-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #4836
ABX131

Well It drove my truck for the first time down to the hardware store and noticed it ran really hot. The brakes worked well but I think the radiator might be plugged, it was scorching hot.... I changed the thermostat and no improvement...I feel good though that I was able to drive it!!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #4837
65Gregg

I made my 65 jealous, I bought another toy to park beside it, a Trailblazer SS to use as a daily driver. IT IS FUUUNNNN.
Attached Images

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #4838
E911manager

Installed the throttle cable and set the bed in place.. Took off the inner fenders from another donor truck and started to mock them up to fit the frame and bigger radiator.

Then I did a little "grass slinging" in the back yard. I almost fell off my bucket!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #4839
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by E911manager View Post
Installed the throttle cable and set the bed in place.. Took off the inner fenders from another donor truck and started to mock them up to fit the frame and bigger radiator.

Then I did a little "grass slinging" in the back yard. I almost fell off my bucket!!!
Dude! you is crazzzzzy...

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
Old 03-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #4840
dantimdad

Not a whole lot on the truck today. I fabbed up part of the drivers door post and started cutting out the rot in that area.

Also, not on the truck. I got the back axles out of the 65 falcon and the old bearings removed. Need to take them to a buddy to have the new ones pressed on.

Steven

Matt. 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...=507266&page=2
Old 03-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #4841
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by E911manager View Post

1964 Caprick-up - YouTube
Looks like fun. When I was 16 I actually did fall off a barrel while hanging donuts in my 47 Chevy coupe in the street right in front of the house. Thankfully I was nimble and scrambled to the brake pedal and stopped the car with my hands, stalling the engine! The car stopped inches from the neighbors 49 Buick. I didn’t get caught, but it was the last time I did anything that stupid!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #4842
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

In preparation for a conversion to a cable throttle next weekend, I paid for a 71-72 pedal mechanism, and ordered an NOS cable assembly today. I located a ball stud for the carburetor, then spent 4 hours looking for two missing bracket pieces I didn’t use years ago when I set up the engine. I finally found one the parts (the one I didn’t need). After all that, it looks like I’ll need to do some different anyway!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #4843
64shortbox

markeb01,
I'll definately be watching for your new cable throttle installation. That's the next thing on my agenda. Now that my 73 brake pedal is done I want to install a suspended throttle cable gas pedal. I picked up a pedal assembly from the 73 doner truck but the throttle cable was cut. I'm waiting to collect all the parts before I get started too.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #4844
E911manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Looks like fun. When I was 16 I actually did fall off a barrel while hanging donuts in my 47 Chevy coupe in the street right in front of the house. Thankfully I was nimble and scrambled to the brake pedal and stopped the car with my hands, stalling the engine! The car stopped inches from the neighbors 49 Buick. I didn’t get caught, but it was the last time I did anything that stupid!
Well, I did it twice, so I didn't learn the first time...
Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #4845
dean jendro
Old and crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Gregg View Post
I made my 65 jealous, I bought another toy to park beside it, a Trailblazer SS to use as a daily driver. IT IS FUUUNNNN.
The Trailblazer's the one who should be jealous! LOL
Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #4846
65Gregg

Quote:
The Trailblazer's the one who should be jealous! LOL
The 65 just wants the LS2. Mybe being parked close to the TBSS something will rub off on the 65 (it is my favorite)

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #4847
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Quote:
I can't believe a gorgeous 65 would be jealous of a plastic late model anything.
Seriously, no comparison in classappeal...

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
Old 03-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #4848
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Quote:
I hope your 65 has a forgiving soul. My 1960 GMC is very generous towards stable mates, but my previous 46 Ford was a green eyed monster. If any other car got any attention at all in the same garage, the 46 would crap all over me the next time out!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #4849
ChuckW

66 C10 LB Headway thanks to some good friends!
Attached Images

Last edited by ChuckW; 03-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #4850
suzq044
Resident Photoshop Nerd

.. nice mini. LOL

(and obviously, good work on the truck.. )
Closed Thread