The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
1972ChevyGuy

Audio Question

Ok, I broke down and bought myself a CD player and some speakers for christmas....They were a MAJOR upgrade from my old supertunerII SINGLE SPEAKER!! fm radio. Had them for about a month and now I got my kicks out of them and I want to push them more. I have 4 6x9 225 watt sonys under the seat along with 2 120 watt 6.5s. I want to get 2 subs and also use them but I'm stuck on buying an amp. Wally world has the X-plod 444 watt amps for like 80 bucks, but I have been looking on ebay and seen some I want also. So the question is...is this brand/model amp any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4950 ...Ok, it doesnt give a RMS power so I'm completely dumbfounded.

Kind of new to the whole "audio" scene. My player pushes 45x4 watts. My next question is.... Why is the wally world amp so much more expensive and almost 4x less watts?

I notice that 10-12" subs are pretty cheap, will the subs in that ebay set sound good with that amp and my player? I have two old 1000 watt subs around here but I would rather buy some new ones.

I'm not looking to shatter my glass or anything, just want a little heart pounding thump when I crank up my Tim McGraw or Lynyrd Skynyrd beside that ugly ricer with plexiglass shatter proof windows. Sorry for the lengthy post - Jeremy

Last edited by 1972ChevyGuy; 01-27-2004 at 11:49 PM.
1972ChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote