The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #26
grinch4om
dang its hot

Re: WARNING! Don't Buy Cheap Parts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn View Post
I work at a Napa store now so I gotta throw in my 2cents worth. Now that Im on the other side of the counter, all I can say is "you get what you pay for". Im gonna guess 95% of the people that get parts from me (including dealerships) only care about getting the cheapest part. Our starters/alternators go bad about 75% less than another store that I wont mention the name of, but I swear they all say "but the other brand is cheaper so I guess Ill get it there". Then complain about them like they stole their wallet when it goes bad right away. Nothing cheap about buying a cheap part and then buying the good one later too...

Thats why Napa stores are stocking the cheaper line of parts now too. They need a cheaper line to be able to compete with the real competition...PRICE

Get the Good Stuff

tis true
grinch4om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #27
Truck Hippy

Re: WARNING! Don't Buy Cheap Parts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Levi View Post
I like the Trailblazer SS with the LS2. Sorry to hear that about your parts, but true you get what you pay for. I usually try and buy American made, I still believe in USA parts, is the Chevy part made in USA?
I have also been burned for buying cheap parts only to have them fail and then have to go buy GM stuff. I kinda believe in products made in the USA. One of the reasons I say kinda is that my mother works for a company that imports some of the products they sell from, you guessed it, China. Sales dropped because of the cheap quality and the fact that the product is made in China. Management now make the employees remove the "made in China" label from each item and then place it in a "made in U.S.A." box. I think a lot of companies are doing this or either buying the material from China and then doing so assembly here in America.
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote