The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #26
bowtie

welcome back

Hey Micah welcome back. I've often wondered what happened to you. I too left the board for a couple of years and have only returned in the last 6 months. I think I even asked Tim about your where-a-bouts. I use to enjoy reading your post, man you did a lot of typing. Micha we all go through rough/hard times and how we respond to them is our choice. I can't say I know how you feel, cause you went through a lot. But what I can say is I sure admire you courage to come back and make things right, although I can't remember anything you did wrong.

A 98 Nissan is nothing to be ashamed of, heck your looking pretty damn smart with the price of gas and all. Maybe I could trade you one of my gas guzzling pickups for your Nissan...lol

I use and accept Paypal
bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #27
crews
It just doesn't matter

MICAH!! Welcome back buddy!! It is GREAT to hear that you are still hanging around ( albeit with some creatures I could never handle!! ) Glad to hear that the health problems are getting better...I don't think anyone on the board would have a bad thing to say about you...You have always been an upstanding guy in my book...and cool to talk to!! I always enjoyed my trips out west when i got to stop by and pick stuff up from you!!

Well- whatever made you log back into the board, make sure you keep it up...it has been TOO damn long since we heard from ya!!

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:31 PM   #28
Dean

Welcome back!!!! I actually finished my truck since you were last on here.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #29
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Hi Micah,
How you been doin? Some of us are still here. I see your dad and he let's me know you are still busy with the snakes. Said he wouldn't sleep in the house with them...LOL. You could bring them up here, but they would get covered with moss.
Good to have you back...now if we can just get you one little SWB truck to start...
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #30
Desert Rat

Wow i'm very touched! Thanks guys!

I am still in Casa Grande still in the same place, just my yard is empty of all that "cool" junk. Now it's inside the house thats full of snakes and cages. I did get tired of it looking like a wrecking yard, i got burned out and was broke so anything that was lying around worth money basically got dumped for any offer, but thats how it goes. I still have some stuff a couple big blocks, a t400, a bunch of truck consoles and several crates of brackets and pulleys. All the essentials for a truck project. I don't have much cash so i am going to start off looking for a swb frame, and bed. and then find a inexpensive longbox. I'm hoping to find a 71-72 truck so i will have all the db and 5 lug stuff, but i want a '67 small window cab and of course a 67-8 nose.

bowed-i'm not sure on the spider. I am not big into arachnids. Tarantulas around here have alot of variance, most of the ones in this area are black with some reddish hairs. Further north they have more red hairs. does it have a large abdomen? Tarantuals are the only spider that i know of around here that have a 3" legspan and. I have seen some huge wolf spiders are near the same zize. Theres alot of creep stuff out here in the desert. I can handle the snakes and scorpions but scream like a little girl when theres a tiny spider in the house.

70 cst short wide- i remember your screen name, but do not remember any bad start. If i did anything to provoke it i'm sorry. Id like a fresh start also.

Keith- Unfortunatley i had to unload the Nova and the big block in it. I was in a bind and the person knew it and i gave it away for $600, but it payed the house note!

ckhd- i'm still fairing pretty well with my tumor. I go in for a MRI every 6 months, and it is lying dormant for now. If it does not grow then it stays in there. If it grows it has to come up, i prey everytime i enter the nuerologists office after my mri. It really sucks but it could be worse!

bowtie- I don't know if i did anything wrong either, but i think there may have been a couple people i pissed off? Maybe its something i have made up in my own head? maybe i was mad at myself? LOL. Please don't offer a truck for my Nissan i'd probably do it! I just got it payed off. The onlything i like better about it than the 69 I had, is the AC works! It was around a 115 here yesterday so its very much appreciated!

crews- i remember that last one you picked up! it was always nice but sad to see anything go. If you come out this way you can still stop by, this ime you will have to come in and look at snakes! Most people refuse to come inside. I might start charging admission it's a zoo!

dubie- i think i chatted with you more than anyone. What have you been up to? I will be sticking around. I have always had a spot in me that missed this board, heck i have the 67-72 chevtrucks sticker in the back window of my nissan! I'm hoping to pick up a 67-72 in the near future, but i'm even open to the idea of a nice swb 73-87 they are alot more affordable down here. I just want a real truck again to put in a big block.

To the rest of you guys thank you, i look foward to doing whats this board is all about. talking trucks! (and snakes if you want)

Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:00 PM   #31
Desert Rat

Frank- Yes i'm looking foward to my dad visiting. Yeah he mentioned he wouldn't come into the house. I tried to tell him that i got rid of most of the rattlesnakes. but mentioned i have a 3' bullsnake loose in here and that was enough right there-LOL. I guess i wont have to clean before he comes down then. LOL

Yes i'd love to find a little short box truck. With my money situation i will need to start with finding a frame and going from there, got any cheap? I think hes bringing a car trailer on his trip. I sure don't miss the rain up there, but i do miss the grass, trees and lakes. It's nice to have the sun every morning here, but i can live without the 117 degree days.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #32
No3Fan4Ever
Running on empty

Good to 'see' your voice again DR......................

We have two rules here at the Rock.
Rule #1: No writing on the walls.
Rule#2: Obey all rules

70 GMC Sierra Grande "Custom Camper" Longhorn 402 Big Block TH400 PS PB factory AC Posi;
94 Bronco XLT 302, auto;worn out daily driver

No3Fan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:19 PM   #33
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Welcome back Micah! Glad to hear you are doing OK man, take care of yourself.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:42 PM   #34
cheyenne10

Hello Micah aka DR

Glad to see our checking in and as another put it "see your voice". It is fun reading down through the responses from some of the old-skoolers!! We have been having mostly a good time for several yrs now. You were always one I would have loved to visit with a wad of cash. You stood out as the BB parts king (sounds like a few pieces remain)

Take care of the body and family and let us know if there is anything we can do.

I am another that is glad to see you stop in and hope you can find that desert project to get started on. The dreams of the dry desert bodys and parts always had that alure.

The snake and pet stories were always hair raisers.

take care and read you around!!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:52 PM   #35
Warbones
Navel Inspector

Welcome back! I hope everything works out for ya. You have mail.

1967 CST C10 Long Bed with a 283
Warbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #36
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Micah, good to see you back. (I used to be known as longhornmail) Been a long time, and ppl frequently asked what ever happened to you.
I am glad to hear your toumer is not being a problem. I remember the sh!t you went through last time, and it had to have been hell, but you made it and you came out fine. (At least as fine as you could ever be! )
Welcome 'home' man.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #37
69 longhorn

Welcome back DR! Im not on as much as I once was.....still have the old longhorn, but busy on the house....... L
Old 07-19-2005, 06:19 PM   #38
COBALT

It's been a while...welcome back. Hopefully you can get your hands on another 67-72 and stick around a while...there's a lot long time members dropping off to do other things, or don't connect as much as they used to. It's good to hear you're doing better.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 PM   #39
Desert Rat

Thanks guys! I remember most of your screen names! It's all coming back to ne now ! uh oh-LOL.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:09 PM   #40
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Hi Micah, it's great to see ya still around bud!
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 PM   #41
Desert Rat

Hi Randy! Wow 15,000 posts, it has been a while since ive been here. When i logged in i had unopened PM's from 2003 and 2004. It's been so long i had no idea what most were even about anymore.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #42
Alexis
Member since 2000

Welcome back DR, My name use to be Alexmart1.......
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:20 PM   #43
Bob Moore

Micah - I always enjoyed talking with you and your GF(?) at the Puyallup swap meets. I know you always wanted to get some goodies your dad had stashed away(ha ha). I remember you telling me you were leaving the NW for AZ. I'm still looking for BB stuff and "rare options". I am several years older now(63) and unfortunately even more overweight than before.

Glad to hear your are doing better now and hope even better days to come.

Take Care - Bob
more to follow
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:56 PM   #44
68 Stepside
huh?

As I just said in a post in GD, welcome back! We used to BS quite often on yahoo, don't know if you recall or not. At any rate, it's good to see you coming around, doesn't matter if you're truckless.
Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:17 PM   #45
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Thumbs up Welcome Back!

Welcome Back DR, Its good to hear that you are getting around again. Yeah, you had alot of good stuff for sale. I wished I could of made out there to help you get rid of it. Somebody got lucky!
Looking at all the replies to your thread, it looks like the boards old timers club.
See ya around...
Dave

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #46
BIG ORANGE

Hey Miach welcome back to the board sent ya a PM on the bracket. Glad to hear your OK!!!!

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:06 PM   #47
Desert Rat

Yes the good old Puyallup swap meet and yes my GF at the time. Shes been the wife for about 6 years now. I wish i still had some of that old stuff. some is worth more now and some went down in value. I'm actually glad i don't have a mini wrecking yard anymore. I always hated tripping over stuff and looking out and seeing a ton of projects. I'm no longer going to sell truck/car parts. i'm only going to sell off some stuff i have left. I just want to find a truck build it and drive it, if i have any extra pieces then sell them. Well unless i find a score somewhere. I hear the over weight thing. I'm heavier now than ever.

Big O sent a pm back at ya!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #48
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Dude...I never noticed...you are member #38!
Yet you have only 3600 posts? lol, just messin man.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:48 PM   #49
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
Dude...I never noticed...you are member #38!
Yet you have only 3600 posts? lol, just messin man.
That means you're only averaging one post a week! Gotta git that post count up, Micah. Good to hear you're still alive, brain tumors can be tough.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:18 PM   #50
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Probably don't remember me as we never had any dealings, but i remember you always had cool stuff for sale. Just wish you weren't so far away to get the stuff. WELCOME BACK!
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote