The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2008, 03:24 AM   #26
mahanian
C10 addict

Re: NEW FIND 67 CST Custom Camper Many Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
The speedwarning was available from 67-69 actually. I think that cruise control phased it out. The bucket seats were available in 67 and 68. I think the seats were standard in a 67 cst, and an option in 68. Some hard to find parts there...
My mistake, I thought I read that the speed warning was only available in the trucks in 67 but was available in cars till 69...

67 C10 CST Short Fleet Big Window
65 C10 Custom Short Fleet Big Window
67 Camaro RS
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM   #27
clean67

Thank you all for the welcome and the help.I really wanted to show it to you guys.But i sorta had post fright.I am very glad to be here with people that understand trucks.Its just my typing skills leave a lot to be desired.And when i go back and read what i typed it always sounds wrong.Not the way i meant it.Stick with me i am sure i can get better.Now on to the good stuff.

Workinglonghorn The body is odd to me,it has rust through some places that i don't usually see rust and other areas that are always rusted are really kind of nice.to explain the inner bed sides are for the better part gone but the bed floor at the tailgate corners are not rusted.Around here a good bed usually has some rust in the bottom corners of the bed floor.Also the doors are pretty bad but the front fenders are fairly decent.The good news is the cab.The rear cab supports look like they will be fine,no rust over the windshield and the firewall is not rusted.

FactoryStock Thanks for the production numbers.Where can i get a red book,i would really like to have one.

If i have missed your question i will answer,just missed it

Brad-Man was/is your truck manual trans or auto.the resone i ask is,when i first saw it had hand throttle i didn't think it was original with the auto trans.But the SPID proved me wrong.On the way home with the truck on the trailer i think i figured it out.It also has the high amp alternator, i believe the hand throttle was used to get some current out of the alternator.Not to much current ideling.Is that right?I understand what you would use it for in a manual truck,but not with the auto.

my pics were the day after i got home with it,so i hadn't gone through it yet.What i found was amazing.I do have the original horn button and the knob for the hand throttle.Also inspection receipts from 1970 on into the late 80s.Several new sets of bearings for the alternator and many sets of used ones.The original flotation wheels were also found before we left.The wheels are one of my favs.I also got the owners manual and protecta-plate.The truck was put into service 11-14-66.And it was sold in Raleigh N.C. at Triangle Chevrolet.Anybody know if that dealer is still there.
What do you guys think of the yellow,Yellow was the original color but not that yellow.Whats on it is the cheapest paint job i have ever seen.
Heres a couple pics of my other 67s.I still have not got more pics of the CST but i will.
Attached Images

67 Suburban(Rust bucket)
clean67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:36 AM   #28
72cheyennesuper20

Protecto plate, How lucky was that to find. Some people used the hand throttle as a early type of cruise control. Loving the stock wheels. Once again nice find.
72cheyennesuper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #29
brad_man_72
the boat guy

i dont know who ordered my truck, but i dont think they knew what they were going to do with it. it was a 6 cyl manual. swb, tach, throttle, aux springs. ill try to remember to post spid tonite, yesterday i couldnt get here from the home computer?
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #30
factorystock

The book I am refering to is "chevrolet pickup red book" by Peter C Sessler. It is available on Amazon.com for $5.49. A lot of specific info on 46-72 pickups, includes codes also.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:13 AM   #31
brad_man_72
the boat guy

my spid
Attached Images

66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 AM   #32
Bus Ted Knuckle
Son of a gun

very cool truck, congrats and welcome!

BEATERS ARE NEATER
Bus Ted Knuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:24 AM   #33
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice truck...keep it completely stock...same color and it will be worth way more when you are done with the restoration. I don't know why they called them "Chrome Hubcaps"...they are polished stainless steel...much nicer! Great find!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #34
clean67

Thanks every one.
I plan to keep it completly stock.I'm not real big on the yellow but i can't see painting it a different color.It will look alot better with the white top.But yellow wheels just seem wrong.

Factorystock thank you i had never seen that book, i have one on the way now.

Brad-man thanks for the info and pic.

I don't know why they called them chrome hubcaps either.must have been more saleable
but i am glad there stainless
Greg
67 Suburban(Rust bucket)
clean67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #35
67chevy1series

man this thread is cool its old but cool
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote