The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #26
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build - LSx questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
That's a million dollar question....You don't know for sure without tearing it down, If you decide to tear it down, I can walk you through it, They are easier than a 4L60E for a novice to build, Let me know.

For the harness & computer, It doesn't really matter, DBW vs DBC is a preference more than anything.

Your 2006 intake will not have the inserts to bolt down the throttle cable bracket, The O2 sensors off the '06 will probably not work on a earlier harness (connectors)

Is the new harness & computer set-up for a 4L80E?

First - thanks for the offer to guide me thou a tranny build!!

Yes - The all original harness and PCM that came with the engine was for a 6.0/4L80e combo. The new standalone harness supposedly is also set up for the same trans and I would use my PCM after re flashing.

I'm not clear on the issues around the DBC - sounds like it won't work with my intake if I can't mount it? The O2 sensors I can likely trade for if I need to.

I checked on the Internet today and it appears I can get my stock harness reworked for $250-275. If that's correct and I can find a good guy to do it that's cheaper than buying the other one and it would work with my O2 sensors and DBW.

Scott
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #27
Scott2

Quote:
That's a million dollar question....You don't know for sure without tearing it down, If you decide to tear it down, I can walk you through it, They are easier than a 4L60E for a novice to build, Let me know.

For the harness & computer, It doesn't really matter, DBW vs DBC is a preference more than anything.

Your 2006 intake will not have the inserts to bolt down the throttle cable bracket, The O2 sensors off the '06 will probably not work on a earlier harness (connectors)

Is the new harness & computer set-up for a 4L80E?

Ok - fast forward. I've gotten a lot more done and am about to get the exhaust built and then tear it all down for sandblast and powder coat of the chassis and suspension. Before I start reassembling I want to be sure the tranny is good.

I have an LQ4 engine (2006 Silverado 2500) with the full wire harness and PCM. I also have a 1995 Suburban 2500 4L80e. Condition and miles are unknown so I'm assuming a lot of miles and in need of a rebuild. I intend to run this motor stock and it's just a driver/cruiser.

I'm not sure which way to go at this point

- do I attempt to rebuild it? (I still really appreciate the offer to talk me thru it) Never been inside an auto and have no clue but I'm reasonably mechanical.
- Do I take this one to a shop for a rebuild? The local shop quoted $1800.
- Do I try to sell this and buy something newer?
- or do I use this one as a core and order a tranny from someone like B&M or who?
- do I just use a stock converter?

All advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-09-2017, 10:55 PM   #28
clinebarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Ok - fast forward. I've gotten a lot more done and am about to get the exhaust built and then tear it all down for sandblast and powder coat of the chassis and suspension. Before I start reassembling I want to be sure the tranny is good.

I have an LQ4 engine (2006 Silverado 2500) with the full wire harness and PCM. I also have a 1995 Suburban 2500 4L80e. Condition and miles are unknown so I'm assuming a lot of miles and in need of a rebuild. I intend to run this motor stock and it's just a driver/cruiser.

I'm not sure which way to go at this point

- do I attempt to rebuild it? (I still really appreciate the offer to talk me thru it) Never been inside an auto and have no clue but I'm reasonably mechanical.
- Do I take this one to a shop for a rebuild? The local shop quoted $1800.
- Do I try to sell this and buy something newer?
- or do I use this one as a core and order a tranny from someone like B&M or who?
- do I just use a stock converter?

All advice is appreciated! Thanks!
I can build you one, PM me if interested.

Stay away from B&M unless it's a Cooler or a Shifter!
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #29
Scott2

Quote:
I can build you one, PM me if interested.

Stay away from B&M unless it's a Cooler or a Shifter!

Thanks for the call and offer to build a tranny - I am working my way to a decision shortly. Here's the trans I have - any idea what the KK125 means?

What is this tranny worth roughly if I sell it? It's a used, 1995 Suburban 4L80e with 155k on it. Looks good... Have the converter too for whatever that is worth.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by Scott2; 04-08-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #30
clinebarger

About $400 for a good working 4l80E, A good "LS" version is worth $150-$200 more.

KK125 doesn't mean anything to us, Probably an internal plant code or assembly line code.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #31
Scott2

Quote:
About $400 for a good working 4l80E, A good "LS" version is worth $150-$200 more.

KK125 doesn't mean anything to us, Probably an internal plant code or assembly line code.
I was hoping it meant a recent rebuild!