The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #26
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Mounting Lokar Shifter to 350 Turbo Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodimpy View Post
Buildinga55 Why don't you give us a call here at Lokar. We will get you what you need. we will sent you the correct instructions that are included with all our shifter kits. you will most likly need a adjusting plug for your netural safety switch. Call us toll free
1-877-469-7440 Talk to Mike in tech. Thank you John Impy
John,
I resurrected this old thread and i THINK Buildinga55 has his shifter installed, for better or worse.

But I'm the guy that has a used shifter without instructions nor the inserts that go in the recesses in the tranny case. I'm gonna give you a call and see if you'd help me out with the same offer!

EDIT:
I just called and spoke to Mike in Lokar's Technical Support. The guy couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. I was fully prepared to pay for the parts necessary to make the shifter work but he offered to provide them free! You can't ask for better customer service than the supplier being on the hobbyist websites, telling you who to call, then providing parts by mail for free. I'm REALLY happy with the forum and with Lokar and of course John Impy and Mike for this help. When I get the parts I'll add photos to this old thread to wrap everything up. Best to all, Dan

Oh and P.S. I'd never bought from Lokar before but I'm going to go out of my way to order more parts from them and tell other guys how good they are.

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 08-25-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #27
hsdropout

There you go Danny boy............Lokar Tech Mike can get you a better copy than the one I have. That push button assembly has separate instructions you may need also.
It is a pretty slick unit....hope it works out for you.
PM me if Lokar doesn't come through (I'm sure they will)
hsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #28
whid

if you dont want to use the push button lokar knob....they offer a adapter for about $20.00 that lets you use about any gearshift knob you want..........whid
whid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #29
Dan in Pasadena

whid, Thanks, yeah I know. I had a Lokar shifter on my '46 and the button worked easily. I like the Lokar knob shape but the black one I had started to fade to a purple-ish color I didn't like. Their price on knobs is a bit high too.

I can get something old school cool WITH the adapter for about the same price as the Lokar knob but I don't know if I'll like pushing down on the entire knob rather than just the button.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote