The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2004, 03:03 PM   #26
Gibble
mmmm....Rye and Coke

Well, I put my door panels, glove box, and other misc interior parts back in the truck because I sold the Cavalier (for $2500 which is 2.5 x what I paid for it ) and the truck is now my daily driver

I just have to get the headers put on ... wow ... it has NO power with the cracked manifolds...and it definitely needs a tune up. And the gas gauge doesn't work, and the windows don't crank up properly, they seem to crank to far out and I have to guide them into the track with my hand

Also I started removing parts from dad's '66 Stang's engine so it can be pulled and detailed, and started welding in the new floor, as well as stripping all the paint from the parts of the floor that aren't being replaced so it can be POR15ed.
Gibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:31 PM   #27
the baron

I moved the Burb from where it was , to put it in my garage , at last !

It will give me more opportunities to work on it , as I had to take each time vacation days to work on it during the week ...

I parted the C-10 further on , removed the steering box , the dash cluster & instruments

I am more & more thinking to keep the backside of the C-10 frame , with the bed on it & build a trailer with it

The little 1993 cavalier I bought on 3 april went south in an accident on 5 april , two days driving : did someone better ?

A stupid woman in an Alfa-Roméo couldn't stop at the lights , excessive speed and blew her car completely , while she ran in my butt ( Yeah , I know , it is supposed to go the other way... )

The Cavalier is "FUBAR" right now , the insurance's automotive expert will go tomorrow to check the car & make some repair estimations .

The good news is : I blew the sale bill to 1250€ , while I only paid 250€ for it , so , if the insurance tells me I should get back the money I paid for , I'm happy...

the better solution is as I should get the money for the repairs , I think that would be the max , for about 2500€ , maybe even more

I've never been f**cked by insurance's companies , I don't see why it should start now , hehe !
the baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:02 AM   #28
bagged78
world class smart ass!

Grim, I think you spent a little too much time out in the really bright orb in the sky!! jk..

75 2WD BLAZER (never ending project)
-some day maybe-
02 2500HD CREW CAB 4X (daily drive)
-8" lift 37s and 22s-

____ ____________________________
bagged78 is offline   Reply With Quote