The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #26
PBFAB.COM

Re: 62 C10 Porterbuilt questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Candy Inside View Post
Nate

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I understand what you are saying yet the real issue wasn't the fitment of the crossmember into the frame but more of the other things not matching up like crooked bag mounts and bag rubbing issues, wrong bushing, incorrect hardware,etc. As far as I know I have never ran into a bag mount that is different so for a top bag plate to be cut incorrectly is not a 60-62 issue more of a production issue. Maybe it was just bad luck, I don't know because the hood hinge stuff went real smooth from what I know. All was installed by a professional with probably 20 years of experience building mini trucks, cars, and hot rods as a full time gig. A decent amount of work including cutting and welding had to be done to make the front end work (more than what a typical 14yr old even with adult supervision should do)which I would never have expected.

I was just trying to let the original poster to know some precious issues that was experienced before he spends that kind of $. It sounds like it might be a good idea from what you said to wait till the 60-62 front end is completely dialed in.
No worries at all. I appreciate your input and feedback. As mentioned, we are here to provide our end user with the highest quality parts and the highest quality customer service. We need to hear feedback from all our customers, good and bad so that we can continually improve and progress.

Also, in case you took my 14 year old comment as anything other than good humor.... it was just a lighthearted remark.

Thanks again for providing some feedback and allowing me the opportunity to respond.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #27
ebaby35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPhotos View Post
How low? I just went pipe notched. Still nose on ground. Did not want to cut bed, but still into it a few inches with pumpkin. All you need is trailing arms, track bar and PORTERBUILT notch for our trucks or pipe. The motor moves forward and up. So a high hump is mandatory and a two piece shaft. Check my build thread, I just finished with mine. Now to finish driveshaft and wire rerouting.
Note the measurement for rack and pinion is off. You need more of notch to clear. I used an extra 1/2" but needed 1" if you bring notch up to cover factory holes your good.
Did your porterbuilt trailing arms bolt onto your stock crossmember?
ebaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #28
LVPhotos

Yes, the 60-62 X style frame does not have a removable trailing arm crossmember like the 63-66.
LVPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote