The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Exclamation Phantom 68 Longhorn with AC and 396&400

this truck was found in Comton Calif in a tow whereHouse where it was Parked
sence 1979 and it still has the Big block 396 Automatic 400 with that specail 400 Kick down that was used on the Big Block Camaros and Nova's and chevelles it came with Factory not and i will say again Not dealer add on Air it was factory it has factory power steering But No power brakes it has a bage of 7500 gvw so i feel this is a 1 ton it came with Carpet and Houndstooth front bench seat cover It also came with 5 roof mounted clearnce lights there the same one they used on the 1964--66 3 ton Bob tail trucks with a chrome base and a orange Lens it was a Metalic Blue with white cab but some one repainted it all Blue the bed is the currect bed for this truck but dout it was the one it came with cus it has a copper color under the faded blue that is now peeling it has alum side molding and chrome front bumper and heavy duty rear bumper still has the black and yellow calif plates but do not have Pink on truck just Lien tital but will hold on to plates to see if i can get new plates with the same lic number#'s the Hood and 2 fenders are in good shape passager fender and door seem to have signs of body damage du to bondo repair the cancer in body is not there no roccker panle damage no floor damage but the Gas tank is junk cus of the old Lead gas as eaten throw the gas tank and silled onto the back of the floor bord not sure if back of cab is cancered to to the gas linking onto it the 396 looks to be factory but the eng was panited Orange and had CHrome Valve cover's did take a look at the heads they say on the heads Hi perf the heads look to be the same but look of a head gasket was done due to the red paint on them differ from the orange paint on the block i feel this block only has some where around 59,000 on it or a little more Over all this truck is in good shape i will try and get a Vin tag number and a pic to you i payed 600.00 for this truck 12 years ago all the green tint glass is in good shape it has the factory AC from figadare its all there have all brakets and everything to make it work theair pump was locked up when i got it it still had the factory distibitor and had the 16inch split Rimes the secont gas take was never used from what i can see the color of this truck looks to be metalic blue with two tone white top with Saddle interior but with a blue Cab in side saddle das pad saddle visers and a houndstooth front bench seat in Blue and saddle colors this truck had camper mirrors on it but did not have any when i got it had no carburator when i got it but did have the open elament air cleaner the ones used on the Big block Camaros and Nova's and Chevelles under the crome air cleaner lid is a AC delco Number and instutions on how to clean and replace elament it was sitting on the floor of the 1968 1 ton 396 auto 400 longhorn truck i bought so many years ago like to have you write me and lets see what this what was used for if possible and find out which NB# it is it looks like one the the frist Longhorns to roll off GM line
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote