The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
cpisani70@aol.com

Re: When people keep bugging you to sell......

I would take it as a compliment if someone were to ask that of mine. I know you may find it annoying but Many years ago there was a 69 Charger in very nice shape sitting outside I stopped by often enough to know the owner by name but everytime he would say he wasn't ready to sell one day I drove by. Car was Gone when I went inside the building and asked about it someone told me a guy stopped and asked about the Car and caught Henry at the right time boy was I pissed. But maybe that is why they keep asking. I still think about that Car.
Posted via Mobile Device
cpisani70@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
jimmypop

No one ask me! Im always willing to trade up, on someone else dime!
jimmypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
MyDad'sTruck

Can we see a picture?!
MyDad'sTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
fine69

Everything is for Sale.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Everything is for Sale.
Yup...

For the right price... I'd sell my truck right now.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Everything is for Sale.
That's "almost" true Mike, but not quite. I have a 1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe that my Father-in-Law gave me in 1960. It will never be sold in my lifetime, at any price. My son gets it when I'm done with it and he has assured me that it will not be sold in his lifetime, at any price. He also has a son... well, hopefully that will be a ways down the road...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
ItsRandy

Quote:
Everything is for Sale.
Some people believe there are things more important than money, so, everything is NOT for sale.
I have a 1955 Nomad that belonged to my older brother before he died (he was 44). My other brother has a 1957 Corvette that also belonged to my brother who died. The cars are not for sale. We get offers all the time. By the way...I like the Mountain Dew sign in your post.
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
dougo

It's a compliment and a sign that someone else can appreciate your blood, sweat and tears that you've put in it. I don't know if I'd sell mine - I guess if someone paid top dollar, and then some - but I'd turn around and just find something else. But it would take a lot of ben franklins... a lot.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

I'll give you $350,000 dollars for it.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
LandonL

Not all 16 years olds are disrespectful and inconsiderate, but MOST are. I'm 17, and I can tell you this from experience. I've poured plenty of sweat, a good bit of blood and some tears when I fired up the motor I rebuilt for the first time. There are good kids out there, and probably the more serious of the bunch are on here, and whenever I go and inquire about a truck or car, I show I can talk the talk, and walk the walk(I tell them what I've built.). I also couldn't have done everything on the truck without you guys either.

I can say, my truck will NEVER be for sale in my lifetime for any price whatsoever. I think I'd rather be buried in it than pass it on to someone that would sell it.

-Landon

---| 1967 GMC Stepside |--
250 L6 .030 over

---| 1985 Porsche 944/1 |---

Build Thread: '67 GMC
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=378640

Last edited by LandonL; 05-03-2011 at 09:55 PM.
LandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
96blazr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Sixer View Post
Not all 16 year old kids are disrespectful and inconsiderate...who's to say the kid won't poor his own sweat and blood into the truck. My Dad bought me a 75 Camaro when I was 16, and it is the sole reason I am into Hot Rods and trucks today. I have learned a lot and can't thank him enough. And as for stopping by to ask if my truck is for sale...well yes everything's for sale for the right price!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonL View Post
Not all 16 years olds are disrespectful and inconsiderate, but MOST are. I'm 17, and I can tell you this from experience. I've poured plenty of sweat, a good bit of blood and some tears when I fired up the motor I rebuilt for the first time. There are good kids out there, and probably the more serious of the bunch are on here, and whenever I go and inquire about a truck or car, I show I can talk the talk, and walk the walk(I tell them what I've built.). I also couldn't have done everything on the truck without you guys either.

I can say, my truck will NEVER be for sale in my lifetime for any price whatsoever. I think I'd rather be buried in it than pass it on to someone that would sell it.
-Landon
I agree Sixer, I agree, but I also agree with Landon. The Youts in my part of the world would rather flog it than RODstore it or respect it. Granted, there are a few exceptions, but for the most part I can't see it being respected. I got the vibe from this cat and by looking at his own truck that that would've been a mistake to sell it to him. (And just like Landon, I will never sell my truck, unless I absolutely have to)
Plus, I wasn't looking to sell it and I wasn't advertising, so I can relate to what iluvmy72 said to start this thread.
While MOST of the time it is a compliment and I engage in conversation about our year trucks and love hearing how they love my truck, it is only when you are consistently asked over and over again, not by the same person, but by a lot of people; "Hey, nice truck, wanna sell it?" that it tends to get to a point where you're saying to yourself; "Seriously, do I have a for sale on it? No."
I hear it from fellow Rodders too. People are always asking them if it's for sale, but 99.9% of them aren't really interested in buying it and 99.9% of them have never owned a classic before or know anything about owning one or have a garage to keep it in.

I related that story about what happened to me, cause, at the time, it was funny on my end and the look on his face was price-less when I said 30k and he caught me on the wrong day, the wrong time and I could tell he was a "Tire-kicker".
I love reading about folks who are persistent and finally get the truck of their dreams.
I thank God everyday we live in the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE where we can disagree with each other, disguss with each other and have free and open dialog and where, in America, we shot evil in the face, I'm proud to be an American.

Remember, no matter where you go,
There you are.

Gary

Last edited by 96blazr; 05-04-2011 at 08:33 AM.
96blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #12
LilD

I get that from the kids at school all the time. "Hey my dad wants to buy your truck" I take it as a compliment.
LilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #13
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

The simple solution is to set a price that you would sell it for. Nothing crazy to offend them, just a price that you would be happy if you got it. That usually sends them away, but if it doesn't then you sell and move on.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #14
iluvmy72

no guys....NFS....lol
iluvmy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 AM   #15
Jeffs70

I find it funny I get asked all the time also about mine. But sure enough the second you want to sell something no one asks and it takes a while for you to get rid of it
Jeffs70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #16
boundstaffpress
Jamie Hyneman is my twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs70 View Post
I find it funny I get asked all the time also about mine. But sure enough the second you want to sell something no one asks and it takes a while for you to get rid of it
I turned down some $erios ca$h about a month before I decided to sell mine. Where is that guy now?

SOLD 1967 K10 Fleetside, 283, Front and Rear Posi SOLD

Color Wiring Diagrams Now in High Resolution
V8 and Cab and Cab and Chassis
boundstaffpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
stich626
Account Suspended

haha I like the guys that say, just tell um it's for sale and 25k
that doesn't always work..
case in point.. I had a 71 el camino.. it was a solid car but a 10 footer..
I the fall before bought it for 7800.oo as it was a bb car with a/c and disc brakes, but not an SS
every week the landscapers that did a house down the road would ask, and ask and ask..
say'n their boss wanted it..
I finally had, had it and did just what you are posting to do, I said ha it's for sale 18k firm..
figured that ended that.. I came home from a show, that sunday to a guy in front of my house with a bank envelope with 18k in it. only question he asked, do you have the title..
so unless you really really want to let it go, be carefull..
sometimes there is someone that wants it more than you.. and the means to pay what you ask..
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
ubtripn

I want the kids to want these trucks. One day I got smoked by a little Honda and we pulled over to chat. I learned a lot that day. The mods these, "kids" are doing are a heck of a lot harder than what some of us do. He had a Honda running almost 400 horses. For a four cylinder that is an achievement. They do full turbo mods, over head cam mods, various intake mods and many others all on cars that use computers. I would not enjoy that at all but I realized they are just the next generation/version of us doing what we did when we were kids. Working, innovating and enjoying the results. We love muscle cars and trucks because we grew up driving and building them. That is what they are doing but just to a different style of car. If they recognize the value of the heritage American muscle represents then I am happy. (I'm not talking about the snot noses that put a spoiler on a civic with loud pipes that thumps around town.) These are real machines that are much more complex than my 350. I was amazed.

Last edited by ubtripn; 05-04-2011 at 10:13 AM.
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #19
leddzepp

I like the guys that say they will never sell. It is easy to say that when you know the "right" amount of money will never be offered. I say I will never sell my dad's 58 Apache. But if someone came along and offered me a million dollars, you bet I would sell it! But I know that will never happen, so in theory I can say I will never sell it.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #20
Grimpala

When I was daily driving my 96 Impala SS I got asked by 'brothers' all the time if I wanted to sell. Most of them wanted to give me a little now and me tote the note.

I just laughed, told them no, dumped the clutch and booked it.

I can't imagine the for sale requests I'll get if I ever finish my current project.
Grimpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #21
JWall
Frequent Flyer

Everything is for sale just not everything has a sign on it.

Can't blame a guy for trying to buy something he is interested in.
Price it to him at a price you could live with... I've been on both sides of this kinda deal before.
JWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #22
brad_man_72
the boat guy

I don't mind people asking when I'm at a carshow but the toothless redneck at the gas station offering me $1500 is a bit annoying. I tell them my real price and tell them they should probably look under the hood before making offers on peoples trucks.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
Vintage Windmills
Vintage 4x4s

Cant get mad at a guy for trying to buy. For those that say some things are never for sale- I totally agree with Leddzep, if someone actually showed you a large enough amount of cash money, anything is for sale. You would react different than you thought if you realized a crazy amount of cash could be yours.

67 GMC K1500 Custom- 305V6 SM420, PTO, Ram Assist, yellow (the outcast) (project period correct upgrades)
67 GMC C2500 351V6 TH400, AC, PS, PB (can't decide what to do with. Update, decided to keep and will restore )
86 CHV K30 502 th400, apple red NEW
71 CHV K20 350 SM465, ochre (saved work truck)
71 CHV K20 292 SM465, white, tach, PTO, (future project)
72 CHV K20 350 350th, medium blue (project stocker)
01 CHV K2500hd crew, indigo blue

^3 dont run and the others don't see winter either
'86 K30 Cummins "Fireside" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649649
'71 K20 "get driveable" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=590642
'72 K20 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=493477&page=6
Vintage Windmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #24
landsurvey1

never say never
landsurvey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #25
cheyenne shortstep

I have a '62 Bel Air 2dr post that my aunt and uncle gave me a few years ago, when I was 8 she told me that someday it would be mine and yes at 8 I was car crazy. This is the same car that brought me home when I was born, I have many memories of this car throughout my life and my uncle is the original owner. The car is stashed at a friends house and whenever the cover is blown off it gets notes and people stopping and asking if it is for sale at an astonishing rate [5 in one day]. I will not sell this car for any amount of money as the sentiment and family history is worth much more to me than $$$. Many cool cars and trucks have come and gone but the '62 will remain. When asked I just smile and shake my head, when asked if my '72 Cheyenne is for sell I say yes as soon as I finish it.
cheyenne shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote