The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Been waiting for this day :(

So they day finally came when I got a letter from my HOA about my Burb sitting in the driveway. They want me to put it in the garage if I'm not going to be driving it, but my '67 is in there. The '67 is almost done, so I can pull it out and put the burb in the garage (I think it will fit ?? ) Anyway, I've got to get the burb driveable so I can move it around and at least make it look like I drive it sometimes. Problem is, the tranny only goes into reverse. None of the forward gears work. I checked the fluid, and the level looks ok and it doesn't look burnt. So is it rebuild time for the tranny? The HOA says I have one week to get the Burb moved, and school starts this week, so I'm in a real pinch.

On that note, if I have to get it rebuilt, is it better to get one rebuilt or just buy a crate transmission? And does anyone know a good rebuilder in the Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area?

I also had a question about the tube that goes from the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner assembly on the '71. Right now, there isn't an air cleaner assembly on the engine, and the tube is open. When the engine is running, smoke starts pouring out of the tube (not real bad, but like oil on an exhaust pipe.) I don't have that on my '67, and was wondering if it's supposed to do that? Burning oil never seems good lol... And plz pardon my ignorance... I'm still a noob!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote