The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
ebfabman

To all who wanted...........

information about how I do my repairs and welding technique. Please forgive me for not being able to keep up with everyones request. I've been overwhelmed with emails, PM's, and replies to the posts, and for that I am very, very grateful. However I just can't keep up with them all and I want to be fair to each one of you.

After careful concideration, I've decided the best way to give the best information on how I do it is to "show and tell" so I will be making some videos covering the most common repairs that these trucks need, floor pans, cab support, inner kick/foot well, inner-outer rockers, lower "A" and "B" pillar-door jams, cab corner, bedside wheel opening,etc.

I know, Iknow, it may seem that I'm trying to cash in but I can asure you its not the case. Whatever the cost you can be sure the videos will show every step, tip, material, tools, equipment,and technique I use to get the results you have seen on this board and can be applied to most restorative situation related to old cars and trucks where rust or panel replacement is involved.

There is no black magic to working metal, however there is somewhat of a learning curve and if I had been able to view an intructional video when I first became interested in working metal it would have shortened that learning curve dramatically making working on old vehicles even more enjoyable.

For those who would be interested in such videos and would be willing to pay a fair price for them, again, I will give you information, some of which has taken years to acquire. You won't be disappointed. I will not do this as a mere profit making venture, the videos will be priced to cover my cost only.

Does this sound like a good plan? If so which one should be done first? Any ideas or input from you guys/ gals would be appreciated.

Thanks.......eb
ebfabman is offline   Reply With Quote