The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Crownliner

Angry Legal Advice!

This is a unique problem I'm running into and wanted to get some advice from you guys.

In September of 2009 I bought a 1972 C20 Suburban. My Uncle who lives in Salt Lake and is a certified mechanic with his own shop took on the project of replacing the original 350/350 with rebuilt 454/400th, new front and rear DANA Axles, transfer case drive lines.... you get the picture, its all new.

I've paid for the entire project and all parts according to what my Mechanic has asked for with blind faith. He has said that everything is paid, I don't owe him any money for anything, its just a matter of him finishing it up. He's family and we've spent a lot of time with each other's families throughout my life.

The problem is, ITS NOT DONE and he continues to give me excuses as to why its not done like..... I'm slammed busy right now with lots of other vehicles, I have to keep the money comming in etc.. Every week its something else. My truck is taking up a bay and he says that he needs to get it done so he can use that bay for other customers repairs, but he continues to put it off and put it off and put it off bla bla bla.... The engine is installed and we're down to clutch fan, custom fan shroud, fuel lines and little crap. I have pictures to prove that its in this shape from other relatives that have sent me pictures at my request while visiting him and his family.

Now for the last two weeks he won't answer my phone calls or respond to me at all. I am to the point of wondering what rights I have and what I should do about this. I am considering driving up from Phoenix to Salt Lake, picking it up and bringing it back. The problem is what do I do about the money I've paid to him for completing this project? Do I take him to small claims court? I don't have anything in writing, just a hand shake from a supposedly honest close Uncle. I can show all of the money I've sent to him for the project etc..

I'm extremely frustrated and feel like I've been held hostage as this project has now gone on for 1 1/2 years!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Crownliner is offline   Reply With Quote