The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
54blackhornet

Your Trucks Past History

I was wondering if anyone was interested in posting their trucks early or past life experiences? I am sure a break from the day to day trials and tribulations of rebuilding or fixing them would be enjoyable.

I have a 71 Custom c20 that was ordered by the Union Pacific Railroad in Washington State. 305 -4spd -posi-power disc brakes -overload springs -bilstein HD shocks -dual chrome below eyeline mirrors- special order paint (ugly Green) Pick-Up was used in rail yard @ Spokane WA and has only 64k original miles. The older gentleman i got it from bought it at a UP auction in late 80's and stored it in a metal building where it sat untill 04 when i got it in a package of 8 other vehicles. I did not realize how nice it was untill i cleaned the over 20years of dust off of it. I told my wife that if i had found this truck first i would never have bought all the other pick ups i have owned in the past.The only problem it has is it is manual steering and it realy does steer like a "truck" ! Well that my story and i am sticking to it. I hope others will pass along some more interesting stories of their own? Because with all the bad things going on in the world now we will all need some good reading material
54blackhornet is offline   Reply With Quote