The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #26
umwtnt

Re: Why can't I post an ad?

I keep reading a lot about this subject. $25.oo for a year is a wonderful bargain. How many other places can you go and received the expert advice you can find here? So many others have have led the way to find the right and wrong way to do things on these trucks and are more that willing to tell the rest of us their mistakes and successes so we can succeed. I subscribe to 8 different magazines and have learned more from this sight then all these magazines. On top of all that I can ask questions and get answers almost immediately, try that with a magazine. For all on you who are on the fence, think about it, where else can this much info be available without wearing out your welcome. Try going to a professional shop and seek out the information you can get here daily without being run off. Those folks have a job to do and money to make to stay in business without non-paying folks bothering them. On this site dozens of vendors are trying out their goods with us and answering all of our questions. It doesn't take a genius to figure out this is a wonderful site to learn from, and teach others about our sport. Sharing with others is how we keep out hobby alive. Sorry about the length and Thank you to all who keep this site going and the advice and knowledge I have gained from here.

69 Chevy SWB w/67 front end
4 wheel discs
468 BB 700R4
Bagged
Coming around slowly
umwtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #27
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post

This IS the greatest 67-72 Chevy/GMC truck resource on the net

Come on, man, you know that
67ChevyRedneck, Give is the key word PanelDeland was telling you they can't give the site to us, some of us need to help pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland
they could probably give you the greatest 67-72 chevy truck resource on the net
Old 11-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #28
Mudder

Ok it's my turn. A few years ago at one of the meets before there were any subs here I lobbied Josh hard to have a across the board fee to post. Josh wouldn't consider it saying that it would cut many out that really don't have the money. (Some boards do do this) In that I think Josh is very generous to keep this going for what he gets back from subscriptions. It costs a lot of money for a server big enough for this site. Josh has several projects going and none of them are finished as far as I know. He sees the trucks guys here are building. I think it would be awesome for J to make a little extra to be able to put some money in "his" project instead of putting all of his extra money into this site.

Check out what it costs to put an ad into a local newpaper to look for something or sell something.

Ok now hate me for trying to get your money and I'm done.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #29
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Ok it's my turn. A few years ago at one of the meets before there were any subs here I lobbied Josh hard to have a across the board fee to post. Josh wouldn't consider it saying that it would cut many out that really don't have the money. (Some boards do do this) In that I think Josh is very generous to keep this going for what he gets back from subscriptions. It costs a lot of money for a server big enough for this site. Josh has several projects going and none of them are finished as far as I know. He sees the trucks guys here are building. I think it would be awesome for J to make a little extra to be able to put some money in "his" project instead of putting all of his extra money into this site.

Check out what it costs to put an ad into a local newpaper to look for something or sell something.

I think the balance is a good one. I have seen other truck sites and this one is the best. Well worth the 25 bucks.

D

I don't hate you... you already have my money...

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #30
70cst

Prostreet 72 on becoming a family member to this special group of guys and gals. I would like to say and . As mentioned before this will be the best $25 spent for anyone who luv these trucks. Another this site is so special is lick below....Take some time and read it. Find me another internet Truck or Car web site who would take on this type of project. Ok...it's time to party!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=306320

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 11-20-2008 at 10:23 PM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post

agreed.. and not on a personal basis. Josh has always put this site ahead of his projects.. His baby, the reason this site was started, still sits in Tx at his Dads house 2 years after we moved into our house.. why? there is never enough time or money to go get it. His panel is there as well... The 67 project we picked up here to have one to drive sits not finished as well. why? who has the time to actually work on the truck, when we have to do site work in our spare time
This is so not whining.. just agreeing totally with your words Mudder. Josh has sacrificed alot over the years to keep this place going. Im gonna hush now as I shouldnt even be involved in this discussion on this level to begin with

one final thing though, the its only $25 comments... just so ya'll know, sometimes $25 is not a small amount. There had been times in my life, where $25 was what I had to feed my children for a week... some folks just can not spare an extra $25. I fully understand what ya'll mean by saying its only $25 etc etc.. but just keep in mind that at times to some $25 may as well be $2500. I hate to see anyone feel badly about that.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote