The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2006, 05:15 AM   #26
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Re: Life advice

I have had my share of relationships and nice vehicles. At 21 years of age , one thinks he has found the right woman and in rare case's that can be true. If you care for this girl then having to wash your truck should not bother you at all. I would make it clear how much you value your ride and that she should understand because I am sure she has something in her life that she holds close to her heart besides you. Don't think for a minute that the differances of opinions will change as time goes by. Men and women will never see eye to eye on everything. If you care for her, wash your truck and if you don't then find someone that lives on a paved road. Good luck!

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:20 AM   #27
BigFishBobby

(A) If said girlfriend is hot, tell her that the only way you pick her up in with bikini in hand to help you wash your truck as soon as you get home.

(B) If said girlfriend is not so hot, tell her to suck it up and walk to the pavement. Geez, I would imagine the average human could run an 8 minute mile, so you could time it just right for her to jump in the back as you pass through.

(C) If said girl is ugly, your a tool. You obviously have a sweet truck and could only nail down an ugly whiny chick. GO GET HER BEFORE ITS TOO LATE FOR YOU! J/K
BigFishBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:45 AM   #28
72dually

Sorry, but your relationship has no chance. Your more important to yourself, then she is.............Its obvious she's not the one............or your just too selfish

I agree with Bishops, men and women are two different animals, its a constant balancing act

Last edited by 72dually; 12-20-2006 at 08:34 AM.
72dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 AM   #29
jkade

I was 21 when I married my wife and I am 26 now. That sounds like some of the stupid crap that we would have got in back then. I had a many of nice trucks that I kept spotless but when it came time to get some luvin if you know what I mean, I would tare down any road or sometimes make my own. I wasn't hard to cover the truck from top to bottom with mud to get me some of that oh sweet luvin Have a talk with her and try to make her understand that the truck is not going anywhere and she should respect the truck All bull aside you will work things out and a good piece of nookie is hard to find where I come from. Good luck.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #30
gator2511

Talking Re: Life advice

If you bring her home with You and pay her bills at this early stage of the relationship You are screwing up big time! She needs a job to pay her fair share and set the rules for the long term. Otherwise she will be sitting in your Lazy Boy watching soaps and eating 10 pounds of chocolates every day while You work two jobs to keep her going! Get her a used bike to ride to the pavement.
gator2511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #31
timcos
Chief Honcho In Charge

Dear Slammed in Kansas.

Let's look at the relative situation.

You are in Cheney KS.

Does she have her own teeth?

Are there any other women within 100 miles that live by pavement and have their own teeth.

The City Council in Cheney just approved easement along South Main Street for a new sign that looks like the one that greets visitors coming into town along US 54.

Are you freaking kidding me?...is that all that is happening in Cheney?

Count your blessings, go get her (if she has her own teeth) and get over it.

BTW...this is the funniest thread I have seen in a long time.

Signed
Abby

1992 1500 4x4 Shortbed
1984 Ford F250 Supercab Longbed 6.9L Diesel
1972 K10 Cheyenne Super Fleetside Short Bed - 350 - A/C
1971 VW SuperBeetle
1960 Wife
1984 Son
1986 Son
1989 Son

Previous Trucks
1967 C10 SWB (1980-1981)
1971 C10 LWB (1998-2004)
timcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #32
smitty62

Quote:
Originally Posted by avejoe View Post
Need to see picture of truck and girlfriend in order to render decision.
I agree!!

........but this doesn't sound like true love or this would be a no brainer. You most certainly do not want to sign up for a long term legal relationship with this girl

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #33
shifty
Questionable

I'm with krue - if you gotta ask, then ... relationship must not mean much. If it's going to be a problem, help find her a $500 car and get some cheapo insurance so she can get a job and pay for gas.

Sounds like she's having hard times, if you ask me. Reading your post, it looks like she might be younger and you might also. You not coming to pick her up could be the motivation she needs to get off her ass and do something.

If she won't get off her ass and do something, she is probably not marriage material and I'd stop bothering with her.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #34
bcanini
"Taste It"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkracing View Post
If you can afford gas for your BB Truck then you can afford to put a little $ in her tank.

Dude it's a truck - they are made to get dirty - have a little fun (unless it is draggin on every bump cause it is too low). I know you take great pride in it and want to keep it nice..but as said before if you really care about her - the hose will work in the morning.

Beside - you can't take it with you - well I guess you could bury it with you (I know you're young...I am too, but you never know)

Thats good advice right there!

Brian

2007 Silverado Crew with the MAX Pack and loaded
2007 CX-9
"Hopefully when I die.. my wife wont sell my stuff for what I said I paid for it"

It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission.
bcanini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #35
bobthecop

Priorties for you are truck 1st and girl 2nd, it's your life live it as you see fit, although I would drive down a dirt road, kinda like the song "What was I thinking" If she's hot enough you forget about everything but her. Not the girl you will end up with....know that fact now, may save the questions.
bobthecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #36
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

You can take my wife, you can take my pizza, you can even have the old hound dog---DON'T TOUCH THE TRUCK....

Surely she has enough of a background on you to understand the situation of the muddy roads. If she is from Kansas, then tell her to get off of the highroad, we have none of those here.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #37
oopstruck

Have her put up a tent at the end of the dirt road. that way you don't have to drive all the way to the trailer. J/K how about a pic of the truck and the girl so we can decide whats better
oopstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #38
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

well what i have figured out is this..if she doesnt understand now,,she wont understand later,,and you can kiss your truck good bye when its time to get a mini van or something else to haul a faimily in..she will never change..gurls are a dime adozen,,find one who likes what you like and grab her..my ex ever understood how i was about cars..so after getting rid of all my bajas,(6) of them,,my 71 chevelle, my 70 dart, i was left with a old beater to haul her big butt around in,,guess what she left me for a guy who had a late 80's mustang because it was purty..now the ol lady i got now,,doesnt understand really,,but she leys me play with my old stuff as long as im not taking bill money away to do it with..so even though i dont like her on most days i will keep her because i can play with my toys...man what i wouldnt give to find a woman who works on cars and trucks,,and has a passion for the old stuff..wouldnt care if she was 500 pounds,,just as long as she loved old cars and trucks...
Old 12-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #39
Pickles

from this woman's point of view............forget the girlfriend......she does not need to be second to your truck. when you find the right girlfriend, dirt on the truck will no longer matter.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #40
BowTieOgre

Some of the most relaxing quality time I get are the hours I take washing my truck. While I dont look for an excuse to get dirty I sure dont avoid it. Take it slow and easy and go pick her up.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #41
67-72chevyman

If she is a good, remarkable woman, and you really care for her go pick her up. Good women dont come a dime a dozen, sometimes just once in a lifetime if that. I have a nice 72 stepside and live on a dirt road. If had a remarkable girlfriend that lived 10 miles up a dirt road I really cared about I would take it easy go pick her up, and have fun. These trucks were made for dirt roads and to literally take 25+ years worth of thrashings, so a little dirt and mud wont hurt it.

Last edited by 67-72chevyman; 12-20-2006 at 04:38 PM.
67-72chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #42
ghackett1
68 C10 Longbed

I think it boils down to this, if this was the right girl you would pick her up and not put your truck first. Maybe its time to move on. Just my $.02.
ghackett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #43
mac

Find her a job, move her in and she'll be happy to put gas in your tank, food on your table and might pay your rent. Slap me Dorthy - I'm dreamin !
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #44
lpaine

Isn't there a "man rule" about this kinda situation? If it were me, I think I'd make her walk or let her get her own transportation.You're not a taxi service, can't someone else give her a ride? This may sound a little cold hearted, but maybe you need to be less of a nice guy, after all you want her to respect you, not have her think she can always get what she wants from you.
lpaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #45
Boise69
The Hammer Man

well this was a lesson in human development and the interaction between man and woman...

those cold hearted members who said - tell her to move to a paved road, or tell her to walk to it, will have an easier time in their marriage

those limp wristed bleeding hearts who said - aww just get your truck dirty, its only a truck, or your truck wont love you back so just go get her, will undoubtfuly have it difficult because the more you give up of yourself the less you will have.

Stick to your gut, be mean and keep your truck nice... because if you give in and play nice, she'll eventually own half of it.

youre only 21, there will be hundreds of more women in your future all living on paved roads. hang tuff!

1969 Chevy C-10 SWB 350/400 - drivable project

www.americanhammer.com

2013 MBZ Sprinter customized
2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2004 Land Rover Discovery
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T
Boise69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #46
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

You could be one of those guys, that says: I am the boss of my house and I have my wife's permission to say so. Then again maybe not.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #47
Stano

Funny thing that 70 chevy trucks and dirt have in common, they don't make either of them anymore. But they do make clean water and soap. Go get the girl, have a good time together. Take her home, tomorrow get the wash bucket and the truck and the girl and wash the truck have a good time together. Everyone gets what they want. I had the same delimma about 14 years ago. Now I am married to her and still live on the same gravel road truck still gets dirty and it is nicer now than it was then by far. And I still wash it sometimes she helps and my daughter begs me to let her help. I think it was worth a little dust on the ol ride. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a good friend known him for over ten years he is 44 years old has the same outlook as I see in your story. He is single miserable has nice house and cars and trucks but no one to enjoy them with. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices and thats life.

Nice ride 67 Chevy C-10 LWB Built 350 TH-400

Wifes ride and family rig:
2001 Furd Expedition 5.4 Liter
Kickin back in Rolla,Mo. USA

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain" Mark Twain
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #48
bodydropped69

You dont drive down dirt roads. Are you kidding me? It is a truck. Drive it.
bodydropped69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #49
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

The way I see it ya got 2 choices.You can go get her and get the truck a lil dirty.Or not.

Or you can get a lawn chair and a rag so you will have the Street Rodders Show Kit.

You're on your own about the girl.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #50
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Be honest with her and with yourself. Do what is honest to you.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote