The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
DWC

Burb Roof Rack-DIY

Hi All-
It's been a long time since I posted but I wanted to show you a project I've been working on. I've been wanting a roof rack for the Burb forever, especially one of those vintage Car-Pac deals. But with a new one costing $1300 and used ones bringing big money I thought I might try to make one. Something with a vintage look like a Car-Pac or one of those VW Bug/Bus type racks. I searched online and was lucky enough to find roof rack clamps made to attach to the drip rails. The rest is that nice project lumber from Home Depot. I have also ordered some marine deck rail fittings and tubing so I can add a rail around the sides if I want. The pictures show my progress so far, mocked up but not fully screwed, glued, and stained. It's far enough along so I wanted some opinions, rail-no rail, stain color, cool-not cool, what do you think?
Thanks- Dave
Attached Images

DWC is offline   Reply With Quote