The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
bodydropped69

Lowered Trucks and the Police

I Have just been pulled over for the 4th time for my truck being modified from original condition. I have many friends with lowered/bagged trucks and I seem to have the most issues with this. Today I was pulled over for my license plate being lower than 18 inches, I have also been pulled over for my license plate light being too bright, my wipers being shaved, I also have been pulled over for having a modified suspension . I live in a city where everyone and there mom has a lifted truck and I would assume from how many there are that they aren't getting hassled too much. One more thing is that I am a younger Hispanic gentleman with both arms sleeved (tattoos) I have never been a gangmember or arrested before. And today when I got pulled over for my truck being too low I get asked what Gang/set I claim and how much Time I have done in prison. I am kind of feeling like I should just get rid of the truck as it seems as I am "asking " to get pulled over , according to what the cop said. I just want to know if anyone else has gone through any of this and If Maybe I am just being too sensitive.