The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #26
AirMale

Re: Hello everyone

Sad news....always liked reading your posts first. You really know these trucks and I will miss your expertise. I hope that you find a shop to park your truck in and get back to it when things clear up. All the best in future endevours. Regards, Jay
AirMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #27
MylilBowTie
Right turn Clyde

It saddens me to see this happen. Life is ever changing. I'm glad we got to spend some of our time with yours. Wish you and your son all the best. I want to thank you for all your help. It seems like ages the first time I stumbled on your website. The one when you first got your truck from the school. Since then I have been hooked on these trucks. Trying to find out anything I could about them. That's been about 6+ years now. If I'm ever able to help you in anyway let me know.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #28
Prerunner1982

Mike, I am sorry to hear the news... we are all here for you if you need anything and there is no reason you can continue to chime in when time allows. Your knowledge will always be needed here.

It was odd to hear members ask who is Mike when Eric (Ocbaud) started his gauges. Mike you realize you probably made this 73-87 board what it is today, with the crew you brought over here after leaving another board.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch.
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #29
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Dang, you guys are the best.

I'm really doing great although it might sound like I'm not. As for the truck. I very seriously doubt I will ever get back into the truck scene this bad. I went totally overboard with it. I am very good at doing that crap with everything I do. I'm ready for the next step in my life. I am going to take a different route this time. I plan on being totally happy until I die this go round. I've got so many things I want to do and to tell you the truth, working on a truck isn't one of them. I have been messing with the 85 since 1997 and it's time for me to do something else. I don't have the desire to mess with it anymore. I don't have a place to store it and wouldn't if I did. I have thought long and hard about this and feel this is best for me.

I won't be a stranger here. I have a bunch of truck buddies I have made over the years. I have met a few of you and the rest are only online friends but just the same are considered good friends. Don't anyone worry about me. My family problem isn't really a big deal. It has been coming for a while and it is for the best.

There are a few of you guys (you know who you are) who are very special friends to me. I will never forget you. I feel like I have made life long friends with you.

Now all I have to do is put some parts up on the classifieds forum and see how it goes. Until then, thanks for all the well wishes and stuff. It really means a great deal to me. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Truck people are the best people in the world. It restores your faith in this world to be a member of forums like this one.

Mike

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #30
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin ervin View Post
As for the truck. I very seriously doubt I will ever get back into the truck scene this bad. I went totally overboard with it. I am very good at doing that crap with everything I do. I'm ready for the next step in my life. I am going to take a different route this time. I plan on being totally happy until I die this go round. I've got so many things I want to do and to tell you the truth, working on a truck isn't one of them. I have been messing with the 85 since 1997 and it's time for me to do something else. I don't have the desire to mess with it anymore. I don't have a place to store it and wouldn't if I did. I have thought long and hard about this and feel this is best for me.
Wow, 10 years, that's a lot of time indeed! Completely understand you Mike, had to go through something similar with my car not too long ago, which is why she ended up how she ended up... Just do yer thing and be happy, that's the way to go
Old 09-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #31
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Well guys. It's official. I have officially started the meltdown of my truck. I have posted some stuff on the parts board for sale. We will see how this goes.

Mike
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #32
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Well Mike, there is really nothing to add to what ALL the folks have been saying about you (and your truck). I come around here as often as I can, but I did not realize this was going on - - sorry to hear about it.

As for me, I have always LOVED your truck and have often wished I had the time and $$$ to make mine look like yours - except LWB . I was so proud when you added my "Brighter Dash Lights" (the chrome paint solution) on the website. My small contribution to the family.

I have always been impressed by your incredible knowledge and passion, and your willingness to freely share that with all of us. You are a good man. Unfortunately, sometimes our passions can take us over and we neglect those things that are truly important (spouse, family, etc.). Please understand, I AM NOT implying that this is what happened to you, it's just a warning to myself and others to keep ALL the good things in our lives in balance.

I wish you all the best in your future, and know that my life is a little better just for having had the pleasure of knowing you - if only virtually

God Bless and keep in touch.
Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote