The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
spmartin11

Need Advice: K20 as a Daily Driver/Everyday Truck

Howdy,

I am completely new to this world in the sense that I have never owned a 67-72 truck. But in all other aspects, I feel like I belong because I have wanted to own one since I was a kid and the urge to make myself an owner has become almost unbearable over the past few years.

All that being said, I drive a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 today and I really like the truck, but I don't have the space or the funds to own both. The wife has agreed to me selling the GMC to buy what I have always wanted, a 71-72 K2500/K20 to use as my daily driver and do everything truck.

I drive about 20 miles roundtrip to work and live in a suburb of Dallas and frequently drive 30-40 miles on highways with 70-75 mph speed limits. I also would take it on 3-5 hour road trips every once and a while. I USE my truck, load it up with a yard of soil, transport materials back and forth to renovate my 100 year old house and the occasional tow.

I'm a wrencher and can fix pretty much anything. I replaced close to every part on my 91 Sierra until it hit about 300k and I decided I needed a new-used truck 4 years ago. So I am not concerned about the up-keep as long as I can find a solid dependable truck to start to start off with.

So, I just wanted to get some response from guys who were in my situation and made the plunge with your opinions on the biggest drawbacks/pitfalls and also the BEST reason to go ahead and move forward to join the clan. And also some help pointing me in the direction of some trucks I wouldnt find out there on CL, ebay, the normal classic car sales websites with a budget around 15-17 tops.

Sorry for the lengthy post and..... GO!

Last edited by spmartin11; 06-03-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Changed Title
spmartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote