The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2014, 02:30 AM   #26
BlacklandCamper

Re: Moog vs Parts Master

As an employee at my local Oriellys, I am not familiar with the "Parts Master" brand. Our house brands are MasterPro, and Import Direct for , you guessed it, import applications. Moog is our premium brand.

I have seen Moog parts come back with issues, usually the ones made in China, and most of the time due to customer mistakes during installation.

I have MasterPro ball joints installed on my Nissan, uppers, and lowers. With my torsion bars cranked up the two inches it took to level the truck, I expected them to last less than a year. It has been five, and they are still holding strong. All of the bolt holes lined up fine, and even with the added stress, the boots are intact, and there is no slop in them.

This truck is my daily driver, as well as the farm truck. Saying that we have not been..... "kind", would be an understatement. We beat the crap out of this truck.

I have had very little issues with the MasterPro brand, and have been very disappointed by Moogs quality over the last few years.

Donkey: 93 Nissan D21, the farm truck. My 1/2 ton SWB. The Indomitable Datsun.
1st BN 3rd MAR. '00-'04
BlacklandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #27
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacklandCamper View Post
As an employee at my local Oriellys, I am not familiar with the "Parts Master" brand. Our house brands are MasterPro, and Import Direct for , you guessed it, import applications. Moog is our premium brand.

I have seen Moog parts come back with issues, usually the ones made in China, and most of the time due to customer mistakes during installation.

I have MasterPro ball joints installed on my Nissan, uppers, and lowers. With my torsion bars cranked up the two inches it took to level the truck, I expected them to last less than a year. It has been five, and they are still holding strong. All of the bolt holes lined up fine, and even with the added stress, the boots are intact, and there is no slop in them.

This truck is my daily driver, as well as the farm truck. Saying that we have not been..... "kind", would be an understatement. We beat the crap out of this truck.

I have had very little issues with the MasterPro brand, and have been very disappointed by Moogs quality over the last few years.
Our experience w/poor fitting parts on my buddys ElCamino was using the Oreillys Master-Pro line.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #28
sKnNyPpY

I used the MasterPro O'Reilly bjs upper and lower on my 71. Fit perfectly and seem to function fine. Been in for about a year now and driven a couple times a week.
2.5 CPP Spindle, 1" CPP Drop Spring, CPP Front and Rear Sway Bars/DJM Flip, new General Spring KC 5 spring pack, HEI /IntReg Alt
20x8.5 OldSkools 5" BS, 275/45 Falkens
sKnNyPpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
michael bustamante

From what ive read. Moog uses copper sleeves that the bj rotates in. master pro uses a plastic sleeve both work well but we all know a plastic sleeves thay constantly gets rubbed on will wear out much faster. I was an assist manager at oreillys for a year and never saw a mp ball joimt or tie rod end be warrantied as a part failure. Not fitting right yes but not too often.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #30
Blue97

Now that I think of it, I did say my lower B/J's were "Parts master" however they are Master pro from Oriellys.. ( Blond moment I guess ) Either way im still very happy with them......
Blue97 is offline   Reply With Quote