The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2003, 05:01 AM   #1
BobbyK

Location: Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,Mi.
Installed some "Brown Bread".PIC'S

I installed a product called "Brown Bread".It's a sound deadening material that when compared to "DynaMat" came out ahead in tests.
Anyhow I covered the whole inside of my Blazer with it.Inside the doors and the whole floor,firewall to tailgate.
It took 2 days total to install.The product is a sticky tar like substance with a foil backing to it.
You apply it to the area you want covered and then heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun (this softens it) then roll it smooth with a 1" roller that was included.
It cost me $120.00 for 1 roll.One roll covers 70sqft.I used 1.5 rolls because I covered EVERYTHING on the inside of the truck.

Results:
I like it.It makes the doors sound like a new car door when you close it...solid sounding!I have 6x9 speakers in the doors and the "Brown Bread" has improved their sound as well.
I must say it is MUCH quieter in the truck now.
I would recommend this product to anyone who wants some serious sound deadening.
I got it on E-Bay.The guys sells it there or at his site here.$159.00 on his site.It's cheaper on E-Bay though,125.00.Do a search on E-Bay for "brown Bread" and you'll find it here.

Here are a couple pic's
This is how it's shipped to you.About 20lbs shipping wt.

They even include a wooden roller to smooth it out.

It's about 1mil thick,here's a close up of it.

Here it is after smoothing it out in the door.A little bumpy as there was some rust inhibitor already on the door.

The front done.I did end up doing the kick panel area's as well.

The rear floor,bed walls and wheel wells covered with "Brown Bread"

Last edited by BobbyK; 08-20-2006 at 09:34 PM.
BobbyK is offline   Reply With Quote