The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
lenguini

Re: 62 long box frame off

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMR-PERFORMANCE View Post
Well I got ready to install the oil pan gasket and found out the tin chain cover had broken two spot welds to hold the front seal in. Thus I had to get a new cover. IT is cast and then had to go through the cam button set up deal. Got that done and was able to get the engine dropped in by Sat 3 PM and then get ready for my buddys wedding.. Just made it HA HA

The guy in the pic is not me thats a great buddy that has been giving me a hand. for the last several years as this project rolls along. We spend Sat's working.. Thanks Mark.

I have to plumb the fuel system, wire it, get the cooling system in, and complete the NOS install headers ets.. WOW the list is longer than I want. so lets leave it at that for now.

I got to look at how it will sit for ride height with the new engine in.. I was not sure where it would be. Looks good I am sure it will settle a bit once the springs gets some time on them. Nice rake though.

Hey Ed your falling behind you gotta catch up.. well really its good for you as I am just ahead and when you have questions I can still recall what I did.. Just leave the back of the cab alone ok...
Hey Steve,yeh Im behind.I might be ordering a set of original fenders out of Alabama,cause my new ones suck !
On the upside, my box is ready mid week,so Ill put that in place and wont have to look at the holes in the back of my cab !

Cheers,
Ed

My build thread-project truck dream 65"

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=510863
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #27
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Well I worked all weekend as much as I could with everything else going on. But I have the power steering set up, the march pulley kit installed, the new aluminum water pump. Bracket fabbed up to hold the two billet fuel regs, Hard lines for the NOS and fuel side of the NOS kit bent to clear all the parts. I also have the fuel pump bracket almost complete just in front of the fuel tank. SO making good progress. Picked up new battery cable to make those up tonight and some pre formed 90* heater hose as well to make the install on that much cleaner. Hope to get it running by this weekend!!! Oh and the new AMG battery showed up today as well so good there. Bought a DEKA intimidator series battery CCA is is more than enough for this 11.1 build..
Attached Images

GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #28
GMR-PERFORMANCE

pic of complete engine , with the new aluminum pump and march pulley kit. I bought some pre formed 90* heater hose that should really clean up the over look of those hoses. I could go braided but really for the cost I am not that keen on it.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #29
lenguini

Quote:
pic of complete engine , with the new aluminum pump and march pulley kit. I bought some pre formed 90* heater hose that should really clean up the over look of those hoses. I could go braided but really for the cost I am not that keen on it.
What's with the rusty fitting coming out of the water pump? Did you FedEx that from Michigan !
Steve,its only 2 dollars to replace it,Would ya like me to send you one ?

My build thread-project truck dream 65"

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=510863
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
GMR-PERFORMANCE

well I know that fitting is rusty.. But being that is the only piece on my truck that is rusty.. I am ok with it... I did swap it out.. was only mocking up the lines. I did get it fired up on sunday..ust for a short time. I have a leak in a pre made PS hose for the hyrdo boost....return line no less.. SO I have to get that sorta out and tidy up the engine bay..
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Well I was able to drive it yesterday!!!! No glass in it yet but a little trip in the sub divsion. Very cool to be able to drive it again.. The hydro boost I got from the astro van seems to be spot on for brake bias. Engine is a monster, I went with a set of dynatech split flow 3 inch about 16 inches longthat I picked up cheap. They are are not loud enough, I have very short 3 inch pipes and then dumps. Will see how they work out for now.

have to tune it just a tad of stumble just off idle, other than that extremely smooth.. up to 35 mph that is LOL.

A slight burb of the throttle smokes the 275/ 17 on the the rear. Will post a pic of it up soon.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
1963c-10

Great build you have there. Sorry about the loss of your son. Im from a military family and community and living here in the Ft. Bragg area, we hear it alot. Keep up the great work.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #33
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Well its off to paint time!!!! then have just a few small things to complete..
Old 06-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #34
OLDIRON69

kinda late but subscribed...kool build!
69 Dodge Charger-440/4spd
OLDIRON69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #35
GMR-PERFORMANCE

No issues there are tons of killer builds going on.. On some I wish I had thought of a few things or done them other ways.. In the end its is right and no way in hell am I going to go back and re do anything LOL.. It is amazing the the time it takes to do a frame off build. the things you find and have to repair or replace is mind blowing..
Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #36
McMurphy

Quote:
No issues there are tons of killer builds going on.. On some I wish I had thought of a few things or done them other ways.. In the end its is right and no way in hell am I going to go back and re do anything LOL.. It is amazing the the time it takes to do a frame off build. the things you find and have to repair or replace is mind blowing..
I am thinking that if I do a couple more though, I may get a rythm down and be able to them faster and better than this one.
Well.... that and I should be retired by then and not have this pesky thing called work that takes up most my day.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #37
GMR-PERFORMANCE

You really have something there.. When we stop and start it takes some time to get back on track , get the tools out and get back into the swing of things so to speak..

Funny though you start to say plumb the truck for fuel lines then you are mounting the pump, fabbing a pump bracket, then you are now running wires, checking this and that, then back to plumbing, ohh crap you see something else and now you are fabbing another bracket for something else that close to the fuel lines HA HA .. My wife cracks up at me..

she says so what are you working on this evening.. I tell her, she asked how did it go when I am done.. I tell her about what ever I did and she says.. I thought you where doing " whatever I told her" I just smile and nod yep I love you honey.. LMAO ..
Old 06-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #38
1Bad62Pro/Street
"Where were you in '62?"

Thumbs up Re: 62 long box frame off

Sweet build.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
What Are You Workin' On? - 1Bad62ChevyPickup
PROJECT: "TYRANNORAMBLER REX"
1969 AMC Rambler American Nostalgia Pro/Street
Youtube Channel: Father Son Projects
Youtube Channel: 2TIMOTHY2FITHTEEN

"North and South Carolina Folks Click Here!"
(((( ~ I have Parts For Sale & Miscellaneous Stuff ~ ))))

"Well being as there's no other place around the place,
I reckon this must be the place, I reckon...Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" -Curly Howard Ph.D.
1Bad62Pro/Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #39
65 old school

Truck looks great, can't wait to see it in person. You may have seen my dads omaha orange 66 swb running around Prescott, he lives in the area. I'm about done with my 65 lwb, I will be up there for some shows soon, maybe Watson lake in August.
65 old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #40
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Very cool.. I am in the process to make watson lake show.. But I have to be honest.. With the truck not getting started for paint until next week and then 2-3 weeks on the rest of the work.. It may show up but will not be 100% done.. Not sure yet.. Its a driver now but I have to get the carpet in, all the glass back in, doot panels, sash seals, lights are wired int he rear but not installed.. etc the last little bit really turns into a lot of work..

as for your das truck I have to say I do not think I have seen it??? Super cool 57 that just showed up in town.. and a killer 58 4X4 I look real hard at the 60 stuff... will have to keep looking.. Drop me aline before the show or if you get in town before that.. Steve
Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #41
GMR-PERFORMANCE

well got the truck loaded and it was dropped off last night.. Seemed very weird not having the truck with me.. LOL
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #42
Snowbound

Do you have any pics of your shifter and how it sits in relation to the seats? I see you are running buckets, but curious if the shifter would clear a bench seat.

I ordered my TKO today and not sure which shifter location is gonna work for me.

Thanks, and nice work on the truck!

Brian
1965 Chevy Short Box Stepside, 230 - 3 speed, 4:11 gears, original paint rust free survivor. Now sporting a 383 SBC and TKO-600
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #43
GMR-PERFORMANCE

I did post pic however the kit I bought for a forward location is no longer an option.. at least from what I was told. Most guys can make it work but it is close..

This is an old pic with the bench seat.. and a quick job on a shifter to get something to work.. it was way wrong for location but worked ok.. I would go for the mid location or you can always make a plate for the shifter to move it foward off the short mount.. I may in fact make one to off set mine back 1.5 inchs
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #44
GMR-PERFORMANCE

BACK from paint.. Painter had some issue shooting the hot rodz flat color and had to re sand the truck and re paint.. ARGGG what a mess that was.. But done and back home and now been working on putting it all back together Many more pics to post soon. Now for the fun part.. The final build and details details and more details..
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #45
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Here is the wood stained , should look killer with the polished SS strips and hardware. I am using auto clear for the final on the wood, will post up pics of that as well once done and installed.

Thanks Ed for the tip on the carpet, I ordered the mats and kick panel kit as well to cover the speaker kick panel kit.. All parts are here and maybe 1-2 weeks and its time to ride!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #46
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Well more pics its all most done!!!! Just have to get it put together.. I fought with the lokar through the floor gas pedal.. I have a bit more work to do on that I have about 7/8 throttle at this point.. Would never suggest this set up to any one. total PIA to install etc.. Looks nice but not worth the trouble really. Having some issues with DS door getting it to shut right and correctly adjusted. It may be the weather seal at this point not being compressed enough..

The LMC kick speaker panel fits like azz.. LOL but after some triming it better, I had to cut the carpet as they dont have kick carpet for the speakers, best I could come up with, looks good. The wood came out very nice.. front bumper is filled smoothed.. Shifter is something I made up from the old one.. Will work for now, have to look into that..
Attached Images

Last edited by GMR-PERFORMANCE; 09-17-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #47
GMR-PERFORMANCE

more pics
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #48
GMR-PERFORMANCE

side view, will get it out in the sun today..
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #49
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Glass is in the truck WOOOO HOOOO..

BTW my piss poor LMC front seal was a POS no way was it going to work after just about an hour of fighting with it, the glass guy gave up we located a soff seal item and the install went in like a dream.. New front glass is not cheap and to damage it all due to a cheap part compared to tinted glass, not going to happen with me.

Door seals LMC again with too many adjustments to recall to get the doors to fully shut and be flush again soff seal to the rescue..

I have in the range of about $450 worth of stuff they are getting back the seals I torn to hell getting off and did not even try to be nice in the process.. Too much time and work into these trucks to have to deal with poor quality parts.. As for LMC they can kiss my AZZ!!!!

Last edited by GMR-PERFORMANCE; 09-19-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #50
McMurphy

Did the painter really take 2 months to get it back to you?? Good lord man...

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote