The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
nate_g_2003

Re: Possible trade ? Would you do it?

Leon, you get cooler every time you post haha! My dad had a '39 Deluxe coupe until I was 9 or 10. I wish I knew then what I know now, I probably could have convinced him to keep it and we get it running again!

As for the trade, unless you are ready to pony up some money, keep your truck. Most of the older stuff is much more pricey (from what I've seen) to fix/restore than our generation of trucks. I wouldn't mind having a 4-door though, as then the family can ride.

But it is up to you.
2005 Ford F150 Lariat SCrew 2WD "The Daily Driver" SOLD
1995 GMC Sierra C1500 SLE "The Daily Driver"SOLD
2003 Ford Ranger Edge 2DSC 2WD Flareside "The Daily Driver/Project"SOLD
nate_g_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
BurnoutNova

I wouldn't say no to that 40 right away... If the body is nice, not rusty and it runs and drives it is easily worth 6500. Its a 40 Ford deluxe! They are one of the most iconic cars ever!!! That's saying alot coming from me, Ive never owned a Ford and currently have 6 chevys!

Get some better pics of that 40
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #28
dhughins

I'm sure if I asked the same question on H.A.M.B. I would get all them telling me to do it. Will just have to wait for the guy to get back up with me so I can go look at it.
Posted via Mobile Device
dhughins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #29
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhughins View Post
I'm sure if I asked the same question on H.A.M.B. I would get all them telling me to do it. Will just have to wait for the guy to get back up with me so I can go look at it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly.

But in all honesty, if you wanted to get another truck some day I will guarantee it's easier to find one of these trucks than it is to find a 40 Ford!!!
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #30
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
You guys that are dissing the 4 door are missing the point, he's looking for a family car. Obviously you have never tried to put a child in a car seat in the back of an old Ford 2 door sedan. The 4 door would be great as a family car and the value and desirability on them keeps going up as the prices on the Coupes and 2 doors rise. There is no way anyone can say if it would be a good trade or not without seeing both vehicles up close and personal... Just sayin'

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #31
CC69Rat

I remember seeing a couple posts on your truck right after you bought it and I seem to recall you just weren't too happy with it even early on. Oil leaking from the bolt hole by the fuel pump, 307 vs 350 .. ? I may be thinking about another truck.

Its kinda sounding (to me) like you are leaning towards trading and that's entirely your call, just saying you asked for other opinions so I gave mine. You're right though were all truck guys and girls so were going to lean that direction. Well.. most.

I wouldn't trade, no way.. but good luck in your decision whichever way you go.
Posted via Mobile Device

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #32
dhughins

Yeah I had an oil leak was the bolt hole by the fuel pump, easy fix put a bolt in it.

I asked for y'all's opinions so that's what I want to know. I know everybody is different and like different things.

I'm not unhappy with my truck. I like cruising and hanging out talking bout cool rides and would like to take the kids along. I like almost all vehicles from 1920-1980ish. Trucks cars etc... I have had mostly chevy trucks but its mostly cause they are cheaper than the other things I like. I have had 59,64,65,66,79 chevy trucks. A 62 ford unibody. 74 camaro, 81 firebird, Datsun 240z. I've always wanted a 50s 40s 30s. But they never seem to be in my price range.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #33
rambler
MOVE OVER

looking at that ad, I would seriously consider it as well, love the suicide doors.. BUT is that really a corvette 350 engine? maybe sell your truck and take the cash and make him a offer.. if yours is worth $6500 as well.. maybe he will take less?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #34
dhughins

Yeah the ad doesn't say 350. It says corvette v8. I have sent him some questions to see what motor it is? And other things. Maybe I can look at it this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #35
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I almost forgot before I traded my K20 for the Unibody, I traded my K10 for a 1941 Cadillac. I guess I have zero problem with trades =).

Those four door 40 sedans make great family cars. As long as you build it as a mild custom, lowered, wide whites etc. And dont try to turn a four door into a hotrod I think it could be a nice car. I did notice the front track seems a little wide ... might just be the wheels.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #36
mud.man.rj

I have made a lot of trades and 4 doors just don't make too many people, myself included happy in the long run, you will wish it was a 2 door sooner or later, your truck looks like it is worth more in general. Also have been in the very same situation with my twin girls and wife and they actually didn't want to "all" cruise together as much as it seemed so take them individually in your truck and spend time with them, that is what worked out for me and is till working great, plus your truck is so nice with less work than the car.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #37
dhughins

Well he sold it before I could ever look at it. We were texting back and forth and he told me he had to work on the rear brakes, which made me hesitant, but after texting a couple more days to see if I could check it out this weekend he said it sold. So I'm gonna keep enjoying my 69 and if another deal comes along I'll just have to see what happens. I've had a couple other offers I just wish everyone didn't live so far from me. Sometimes I feel like this part of the country is 200 miles from everywhere. There is a very small hotrod classic car scene in or around Dothan Alabama.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #38
mud.man.rj

You still sound like you don't want to keep the truck anyway, waiting for more deals.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #39
dhughins

Well the main reason I wanna trade is cause I have 2 kids and a wife. We all can't ride in the truck. I love trucks said I would never be without 1 again but my cool/cruising/cruise in/car show vehicle doesn't have to be a truck cause my daily driver is. If I could find a cool blazer or suburban from 50s-70s we could cruise that. Around here it is easier to find a 40s-60s car. Would prefer 2 doors but the 40-50s 4 doors can be cool. I'll keep driving my 69 it's enjoyable to me but if another offer comes along ill consider.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #40
mud.man.rj

I can totally understand your situation, was in the same when my girls were younger so bought a 79 Bronco (wished it was a Blazer) and lifted it and built it up and drove it for quite a while, worked great for family. Now they are driving their own cars this year so back to a big Gm 4x4, all takes time and family first. Ahh you will find something better suited for the mean time to trade for. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #41
dhughins

Thanks mudman I hope I can find something we all enjoy. I love old blazers and broncos. I would like something I can drive 25 miles to work daily and not tear me up on gas. I love lifted 4x4s but ill probably be looking for stock to lower for "better" gas mileage. Whatever that is??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #42
mud.man.rj

If your anything like me, something will come around if yours is out there, just takes time.