The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Keep, Move, Get rid of
Keep the mirrors right where they are in the factory location 13 36.11%
Move the mirrors forward so they look good and show off the one piece windows more 6 16.67%
Get rid of the mirrors totally, remember I'm keeping the door handles and locks 17 47.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: Mirrors or no Mirrors

Well it'll either be those little round mirrors or no mirrors.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #27
f.monroe

I would thin you want as small a mirror as you can use since there will be no way to brace it from the backside with one piece windows. The door seems like it will get pretty flexible once the one piece glass is installed since the vent windows actually add support to the outside sheet metal . The dumbo mirrors also have a rod that mounts to the inside of the door and the lower mounting bolt (?) ,if I remember correctly ,to strengthen the outer skin of the door with that big mirror on it .I have seen those mirrors added to older trucks without the correct mounting rod and they always shake when driving and opening/closing the door . With the custom touches you are planning I would think some sort of small custom mirror would accent the truck and interior well.
Frank
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #28
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Dumbo Mirrors! Hands down best looking truck mirrors off all time

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #29
Stitch
Account Suspended

Yeah Frank, I hadn't thought about the support. I'm either going to go with no mirrors or the little round ones. I'm leaning more toward the round ones because I really want mirrors outside and I think it won't look so much like a trailer queen with the mirrors on there even though they're tiny.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #30
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

FYI- The mirrors I posted a available on ebay all the time.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #31
orbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
This will give you an idea on how it will look with no mirrors and one piece windows (it is my truck, and what I will be running). I kept the door handles, but shaved the locks. Similar look for what you are going after,
Where did you get the one piece window set up?? looks interesting.
orbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #32
coater

Please let me know how the 1 piece window works out. Was thinking about that also,but haven't read anything good about them yet. Fitment issues.
coater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #33
orbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by coater View Post
Please let me know how the 1 piece window works out. Was thinking about that also,but haven't read anything good about them yet. Fitment issues.
Wow really....if the stock ones are a pain to install i can only imagine thoose bigger ones...
orbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #34
knightowl73
TUKE-NoBullChit Customs owner

I will be finding out within a few eeks all about the one piece swap. ill take plenty of pics and probably post a thread. Im building a shortbed for a buddy in the air force who's comin in on sunday to see how his truck looks now and drop some more money. So Monday im ordering a kit so i can get all the glass in, keep the interior clean that way.

How many companies are making the kits? I was gonna probably order from brothers.
OWNER @ NBC Customs...No Bull Chit....'92 GMC C2500 ECSB 350/TH400, '57 FORD SKYLINER (My dad's for now, but its really mine-you'll NEVER see a cooler car at 7 years old lol), '42 ford rat rod shop truck (new project), 91 CHRYSLER VOYER MINIVAN (shop van for now)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/nbc.customs

knightowl73 is offline   Reply With Quote