The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #26
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: why do people ruin these trucks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusMarty View Post
Would you call this truck ruined !! ??

Yeah that is one badazz ride no matter how you look at it.....and he IS a member.......
Old 09-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #27
cstm68

im not a big step side fan at all, but i like that better then the stock 67-72 step beds
Old 09-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #28
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
LOL MY heroooooo...........And i could not agree more.....If you do not like...Dont LOOK...Why all the bashing...????..Its really easy.....One time i was in my truck and a Britney Spears song came on.....I cant stand her......So you know what i did.....I CHANGED THE CHANNEL.....Problem Solved.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Something else to keep in mind: Watch out who's truck ya bash ... it may just belong to a member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67CHIP72 View Post
Life would be awful boring if everything was the same.
I couldn't have said it any better....

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
Old 09-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #29
Gray Ghost

I'm definitely not a fan of that....put me in that same category for big wheels, skinny tires and frame rails on the ground.

I know to each his own and this is mine. Not dissing anyone who has done this, I'm just not into it....ruins the looks of our old trucks.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #30
dan42

Here in the United States, it's perfectly acceptable to say, "it's my truck and I can do what I want to it" but that doesn't necesarily make it right. My opinion is that we are stewards of these trucks; if we keep the truck in close to original shape, we can pass them along to the next generation, for them to appreciate in the same way that we originally did. I guess it's O.K. to chop the roof, or the frame, or change the bed, etc. But when you do this, the truck has become a reflection of you, not of what it was originally designed for, and it most likely will not (and should not) survive another generation. That's why I love to see the survivors, the ones with the I6's and 4 speeds, original paint, etc. because it is exactly as it was designed, not what someone thinks it should be. It's like taking a Civil War era gun and changing the stock because you dig the color. They are what they are; and everything you do to change that, in my opinion, is detracting from the very thing that attracted you to the truck in the first place.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Im just making mine better....And there are books and magazines for a (perfect example)...If vehicles in general were never (Toyed) with ...We would not be setting here...having this discussion.....Fact is....its YOUR truck do with it as you want....You want a factory correct truck BUILD IT....because YOU want one...DONT bash others who want something other than that.....And they were DESIGNED for work trucks Over half of us do not use them for that....Your statements are closed minded and your forecast ( that they should not be around for other generations.) shows that. These are not civil war guns....Their TRUCKS....You are comparing apples to oranges.......Fact is unless you have a 100% rust free truck.....Every part that you Re-Place was more than likely made by a guy in Japan .Unless you have the holy grail of NOs Parts......You keep your original style trailer queen, museum piece....Telling me how good it drives...Thats your deal.......I will be cruising the streets in my highly modified custom feeling how good it drives......

Last edited by bad6772; 09-19-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #32
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

It's not my cup of tea, but I will say that I love the front half. I have always been a fan of silver/gray on these trucks. Looks like quality work either way. That's what impresses me.

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Old 09-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #33
cstm68

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan42 View Post
Here in the United States, it's perfectly acceptable to say, "it's my truck and I can do what I want to it" but that doesn't necesarily make it right. My opinion is that we are stewards of these trucks; if we keep the truck in close to original shape, we can pass them along to the next generation, for them to appreciate in the same way that we originally did. I guess it's O.K. to chop the roof, or the frame, or change the bed, etc. But when you do this, the truck has become a reflection of you, not of what it was originally designed for, and it most likely will not (and should not) survive another generation. That's why I love to see the survivors, the ones with the I6's and 4 speeds, original paint, etc. because it is exactly as it was designed, not what someone thinks it should be. It's like taking a Civil War era gun and changing the stock because you dig the color. They are what they are; and everything you do to change that, in my opinion, is detracting from the very thing that attracted you to the truck in the first place.
no offence to you but i dissagree with parts of this, its true that if you change it it will be a reflection of you, but thats the whole point to make it your own, we can still pass them on to the next genneration and they will still be appreciated, the next person will just make it "their" truck and make it the way they want it.
also lots of people arnt attracted to a truck that way they see it. they see potential in what the rtruck can be.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #34
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan42 View Post
Here in the United States, it's perfectly acceptable to say, "it's my truck and I can do what I want to it" but that doesn't necesarily make it right.
Who decides this?! Is there some classic truck governing body that I am unaware of??

I agree with Tony, I think some of the opinions posted here are VERY narrow-minded. I may not like what some people have done to their trucks, and I may even say that I don't like it, but I would never say that it's wrong.

Just think where the automobile would be today if original designs were never changed or modified.... And again, as Tony pointed out, we probably wouldn't be here having this discussion.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado

Last edited by Riveted1; 09-19-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #35
wdrthird

I think alot of people forget about what its like to be new to this site. If a new member reads a thread with a bunch of people bashing something they have on their truck, then they probably wont feel very welcome and might be afraid to post or ask questions. I havent been around here very long but I've seen so many posts with people bashing trucks with air ride and big wheels that at first I was reluctant to post up pics of my truck because it has those mods. If you look, most of these threads have alot more views than posts, so that means alot of people are looking, just not saying anything.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:35 PM   #36
90\87Formula

I like it.
As several others have said, we each have our own opinions.
I personally don't like and wouldn't have a lowered truck....that's just me.
I can appreciate the work that goes into it but.....
Old 09-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #37
Senator350

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusMarty View Post
Would you call this truck ruined !! ??
I would have to call that truck ruined.
I guess I'm just the picky type, that eyeballs people's fender gaps... those body lines just aren't acceptable.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:46 PM   #38
Highsteel
Chasin' the Dream

LMAO!

I was expecting to see a pic of a truck post crushing, you know,...a big square of deformed mass!

Or maybe someone running over their truck with a bulldozer. Yeah, that might "ruin" one...

I also think its unfair to bash someones pride without posting a pic of your own.

I like visual aids, hehehe

Code:
I can't believe I posted in a 'bash-it' thread, eh I need a shower
Old 09-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #39
AusMarty

I look at any vehicle either restored or highly modified whithout predudice and just just appreciate the good work the guy has put into it, I might like it I might not, but I certailnly wouldn't come in here with a picture of one I didn't like and make a statement like "Why do people ruin these trucks "
I am building my truck the way I want it, and yes it is a reflection of me because that makes it "My Truck" .
Statements like "We are The Stewards" sound more like a dictatorship that dictates you must do your truck this way or it's no good
Restore it chop it drop it just do what ever turns you on, but don't look with blinkers on and bag anyone elses good work
Old 09-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #40
joe231

why do people post idiotic, demeaning threads with the sole purpose of stirring up crap? might be the better question to ask :banghhead:

wdrthird, what part of Ok you in?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:26 AM   #41
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Ok guys here we go again. There nothing wrong with not caring for what is done to a truck. There is definitely something wrong when you post it on this forum and start bashing it.

Would you make these negative comments if you were talking to the owner? Your just assuming that the owner isn't a member of the site. This forum staff does not condone pointing at a particular vehicle and picking it apart. It DOES NOT FLY, and this thread is locked.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Closed Thread