The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Could anyone help me?

Okay, I bought this 67 last April and the guy that I had bought it from said that it ran and that all that it needed was a starter. Finally I went out and bought a starter yesterday and put it in today. Sure enough with a little bit of starter fluid and a jump That thing fired right up. It purred like a kitten, no strange noises or knocks a little smoke at first but the thing hasn't been started in at least three years and had old gas in it. So I shut it down and went out to get some dry gas, carb cleaner and gas treatment and dumped it in the tank. It needed a little help getting fired back up again but when it was running it sounded great. I let it run for like 20min to a half hour and then I went back out and it was still running smooth. I figured that before I turned it off that I would try all of the lights, wipers and all of the other bells and whistles. Then I turned it off. Immediately I tried to fire it back up and got absolutely nothing. No noise, lights, anything. I took out the battery tester and it shows a full charge. I'm stumped here, can anybody help me out?
Thanks,
Larry

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote