The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #26
GMCJOE

Re: C/L 69 Chevy appears back on C/L 2 days after for resale, been there for 2 months

Mainly I thought this would be a good conversation thread on here. And it has proven well.

I don't have a problem with the guy selling it, nor making a profit off of it. The previous owner I talked to about the truck a few times stated the problems and what he had done to it. Same things as stated in the add posted by this guy. I have no way knowing if the previous actually did the work or not. It is all by word of mouth but adds up when posted by another owner.

Also, I am know plenty of people do the same thing with vehicles that they purchase and the general public doesn't know about it. Some people pay attention though. Also, some of us that buy and flip vehicles are honest, fix and improve them to make them worthy of a larger asking price. There is also a difference when you find a vehicle someone is asking a low price for that doesn't need any work done to it, then washing it and cleaning the interior up and flipping it for a profit. I am guilty of buying a couple vehicles that was priced low because the person needed the money or just didn't know the value.

All in all, it doesn't hurt me one way or another. I just have values and am honest about what I have or haven't done to a vehicle and sell it accordingly.

On the other hand, when a person asks me if I want to sell my most prized possession, my 69 GMC. I do tell them a ridiculous price, and the reason for that is the truck is not for sale. And I tell them that like this, "Truck is not for sale, but I would take $12,500 for it today."....lol So, if that puts me on the same playing field as this guy, I am guilty as charged.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
Tinkermc

Re: C/L 69 Chevy appears back on C/L 2 days after for resale, been there for 2 months

I to am an everyday CL surfer and seeing items relisted for more money must be a regular practice. I thought I was the only one surrounded by dumb a&& people.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote