The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Naterman35

bagging questions.

Me and another guy were bouncing ideas for my truck lately..

Well today the "Bagging" topic came up... again.. I've asked about a zillion questions to these couple of guys who have bagged trucks... But all minis..

A good amount of the questions they don't have an answer to so im coming to a better place. Here.

My idea inst to have it all electronically controlled... Thats not the style of my truck...My truck doesn't have any thing like that.. im going for the rat rod style... but i still want bags.

I want to have manual valves.. like i push a lever and it starts letting air out. I close that level and push the second... Air starts going in.

I only want to bag the rear... Not the front.

So how do i do it? and were do i start.

Im looking to get slamming specialties bags most likely. The RE-7's.
Unless theres a better suggestion. They are $75 a piece. Anyone know a better bag for cheaper tell me please.

I've been doing research a good amount of the day and have started a parts list... PLEASE add onto it if you see missing pieces.
-Bags
-airline... I want to if at all possible use copper lines or possibly have a cloth covering
-Upper mounts
-lower mounts
-Compressor... (suggestions i wont constantly be dumping and lifting)
- A tank. I found a tank locally... 5 gal. 3 ports. 150 psi max... Good tank?

The pic is kinda the idea. A little confusing but did it quickly.
The idea is When bags are full i want to lower i open valve it all dumps out thru a pipe.
When i want to raise i open the air valve and air goes from the compressor/tank to the bags via a T. will that work or do they need there own individual lines?

Will this idea work or is it gonna be a big headahce.
It seems simple enough but im also not an air ride goo-roo here...

ANY AND ALL INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED... ANY!. so if you think its the worst idea tell me... but also throw in some suggestions on how to make it work.. besides buying a thousand dollar kit...
Attached Images

Naterman35 is offline   Reply With Quote