The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
RedZ71

some observations about the 67-72 community

from the reading ive done and observations of other modern chevy owners, i think ive come to some conclusions about how the next 30 years might look for chevy lovers.

first, observations of the current 67-72 community:

1) of the 67-72s, the 67-68s seem to be the real prized treasures.
2) the 69-70s are appealing, but possibly for other reasons. historical record's sake, family lineage sake, or perhaps something im not hitting, but not with the appeal the 67-68s or 71-72s have. this causes me to wonder how many 69-70s get their grills/clips changed out for one of the other styles.
3) 71-72s seem to come in ahead of 69-70s, perhaps only for their more agressive or stylish look.

i also own a 99-06 body style silverado. as time passed, with the 2003 (i believe it was) front end came out, there was quite a bit of lower opinions from some, but many purists would still way "well, it IS a chevy, lets try to love it anyway". so, based on what i have observed of modern chevy enthusiasts, i make these predictions:

based on:
- observed behavior of 67-72 community
- observed behavior of modern community
- my personal opinions, which i personally have a respect for all chevy trucks, even tho i too wasnt sure how i felt about the 03 front end when it came out.

so, that said, my predictions of the future of the chevy truck community over the 99-06 model years:

1) 99-02 might turn into the prized favorite, much the same way the 67-68s appear to be. like the 67-68s, they have a close overall resemblace to the model run's family, but the front ends are have a fair styling difference.

2) 03-04 i think will one day be recieved with the same middle othe road that i obverve with 69-70. when the 03 front fascia came out, not many people liked them, but personaly, they have really grown on me. i really love to see these dropped down low. i think they may still not be the favorite of the modern comnunity, but they may still hold some importance some day as a member of the 99-06 family (and might be dowgraded or upgraded to 99-02 or 05-06? ...who knows).

3) after 3 years of wish-wash enthusiasm over the 03-04, the 05-06 really seemed to jump out and win back those who didnt favor the 03-04. realistially, they are really quite similar, but with the 05-06 the styling is just a bit more agressive and meaner looking.

so, in my opinion, i see history setting up for a repeat. i think the styling cues have seemed to follow the same path from both the designers, and th way they have been received by the chevy truck communities.

thoughts? and even tho i dont own a 73-88 or a 89-96, i have a feeling that if you dig down, you might find similar behaviors of those owners/communities.
www.z71silverado.com
RedZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote