The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #26
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Re: New to the c10 scene, boosted lsx

That's sweet. Who built that harness?
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #27
Revorollerr

Joe Lopez at Ntx dealers. It was only $400, net loom and shipping were included.
Revorollerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #28
akdg87

LS Performance wiring? Just got mine a few weeks ago, amazing work compared to some other brands I've used before..
2009 CTSV Sedan
akdg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #29
Revorollerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdg87 View Post
LS Performance wiring? Just got mine a few weeks ago, amazing work compared to some other brands I've used before..

I believe that was the company, I found joe on facebook and contacted him through there.

Well updates arent coming for awhile guys, I broke my arm at work yesterday.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #30
Revorollerr

Had my brother and nephew gimme a hand this weekend, I was gonna go nuts sitting at home. Built the trans crossmember which I will probably change but for now it'll work.

I picked up my $10 hydroboost yesterday, going to try mounting it tomorrow. And probably start on the hot side as well.

If anyone has a fbody power steering pump and alternator bracket shoot me a pm or text 307-299-5102
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #31
Revorollerr

Got a little more done, still need to tie in the driver side but I got the merge built, talk about a pain in the ass. Really over this broken arm stuff haha.
I got my fuel cell, injectors and some other stuff in last week so I can't wait to really get cranking on this thing. I also got my hydroboost mounted, I need to trim the bracket a little but nothing to crazy
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 AM   #32
stevenbear72

Question Re: New to the c10 scene, boosted lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revorollerr View Post
Joe Lopez at Ntx dealers. It was only $400, net loom and shipping were included.
Where can I purchase that harness? I googled it and didn't find it. Def like the net loom set up and how clean the harness looks. Did you ship them your old harness or everything was new?

Project "Huckleberry"

68 GMC K1500 1/2 ton L83/6L80e
stevenbear72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:12 AM   #33
Revorollerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbear72 View Post
Where can I purchase that harness? I googled it and didn't find it. Def like the net loom set up and how clean the harness looks. Did you ship them your old harness or everything was new?
I have one of joes business cards at my shop, I'll send ya a pm with his info. This was all new stuff aside from PCM connectors. He doesn't re work old harnesses, I tried haha. He did take about a month to get mine done but I didn't order til Christmas week and was 3rd on the waiting list. So it may take a bit but it's worth it. I was impressed.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #34
akdg87

[QUOTE=stevenbear72;6492979]Where can I purchase that harness? I googled it and didn't find it. Def like the net loom set up and how clean the harness looks. Did you ship them your old harness or everything was new?[/QUOTE

I found him on facebook: search "LS Performance Wiring", great guy to deal with.
2009 CTSV Sedan
Old 01-28-2014, 01:02 AM   #35
stevenbear72

Wink Re: New to the c10 scene, boosted lsx

[quote=akdg87;6493536]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbear72 View Post
Where can I purchase that harness? I googled it and didn't find it. Def like the net loom set up and how clean the harness looks. Did you ship them your old harness or everything was new?[/QUOTE

I found him on facebook: search "LS Performance Wiring", great guy to deal with.
Added the page, def going to be giving them my business, I was going to go with a PSI harness, but I def like this one!!!

Project "Huckleberry"

68 GMC K1500 1/2 ton L83/6L80e
stevenbear72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:48 AM   #36
Revorollerr

Little bit of an update, got the hot side finished up and the FMIC in place, I was originally going to do A2W but I wanna record the differences when switching from A2A to A2W for my own results, and it's one less thing to plumb.
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2014, 03:52 AM   #37
Revorollerr

After the cold sides done I'm gonna paint the IC to hide it a little better.
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #38
Revorollerr

I suppose I could post an update, truck isn't finished yet but I have driven it...sadly under no boost yet. Had tons of issues with the power steering AN fittings leaking and the hydroboost giving me fits. For now I bypassed the hydroboost. Getting ready to finish welding up the cold side, install some bungs for the PCV system and IAT sensor. Little stuff here and there. Works been keeping me busy and Im going to be getting surgery soon so the truck wont get much attention for awhile.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #39
Revorollerr

This thing is stupid loud, all 4" with a Dynomax muffler. Im sure it could still pass off as an ol 350 :p
http://youtu.be/rpoWOQ2TFVc
apparently youtube doesn't like Iphone vids.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #40
Custom 68

What issues did you have with the hydroboost? I installed one earlier this year and I know there are others on here that did the same. I bet we can help.
the progress is looking good, I like the intake manifold.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #41
Revorollerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom 68 View Post
What issues did you have with the hydroboost? I installed one earlier this year and I know there are others on here that did the same. I bet we can help.
the progress is looking good, I like the intake manifold.
Whenever I'd try to turn or hit the brake, the hydroboost would make a noise similar to what a ps pump does when it's cavitating from air present in the system. I'd bled it multiple times (lock to lock while On a jąck) and never made it work any better. It wouldn't allow me to actuate the peddle nor steer at all. From what I found my lines were all routed the correct way
Old 07-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #42
Custom 68

did you do the lock to lock bleeding with the truck off? That is what I had to do. It would not work if it was running. I had mine going fine with no bleeding required then I redid the hoses and I had the issue. I jacked it up with it off turned lock to lock the pumped the brakes a couple time then turned again. Started it, shut if off and repeated.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #43
c10seconds

Nevermind...... Looks like its going to be a fun ride
Old 09-22-2014, 12:32 AM   #44
Revorollerr

Got the hydroboost working, holy hell does it make a difference! I was strongly considering swapping to disk brakes in the rear, but its not really needed now! I could stab at 60mph and lock up all 4 haha. I was driving the truck quiet a bit and put on about 100 miles before the turbo seized. Brand new PT88, thrust bearing failed. Going to see what Precision will do about warranty and most likely invest in a BW not sure what model, considering an S480. I'm going to change the cam and converter, duration is a little too much for street use and was lagging on spool more then I liked, and was blowing through the converter on the top end. Was still a blast on 10psi, really surprised a lot of people.

Bad thing is, I had to get shoulder surgery 2wks ago, and decided to go back to college at the same time...So between no work and school it hurt the wallet a little more then expected so the trucks going to be out of commission for a bit.

Strongly considering doing a frame off this winter, I'm a construction foreman and we regularly use big outdoor sandblasters so I'm sure I can get the frame blasted and painted for a case of beer. Most likely just going to paint the exterior as its faded quiet a bit from its original color, interior still looks great. Also been playing around with the idea of swapping in a C4 IRS setup just to be a little different.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #45
akdg87

Looks good, where did you end up relocating the coils to? I need to do the same. I put 120 miles on mine so far, still needs alot of tuning though.
2009 CTSV Sedan
Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #46
Revorollerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdg87 View Post
Looks good, where did you end up relocating the coils to? I need to do the same. I put 120 miles on mine so far, still needs alot of tuning though.
I used some 1/4 all thread, delrin spacers and built my own brackets to hold the coils closer together and used some L brackets to mount them to the additional motor mount holes on the block, used the longer plug wires from a lsx truck. Works great and can't be seen.

Ya it's a shame my turbo took a dump, timing was pretty close but I was still running a little rich. Can't wait to get it going again.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:39 AM   #47
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Its crazy that a Precision turbo that new could self destruct, especially considering it doesn't sound like there was an "obvious" cause. (its another story when ya pull the piping off and find fins)

Even wilder when you see junkyard turbos and chinese turbo's go 9's. Something had to be defective, or you had a massive overboost that spun it to jupiter.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #48
Revorollerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Its crazy that a Precision turbo that new could self destruct, especially considering it doesn't sound like there was an "obvious" cause. (its another story when ya pull the piping off and find fins)

Even wilder when you see junkyard turbos and chinese turbo's go 9's. Something had to be defective, or you had a massive overboost that spun it to jupiter.
After reading of tons of failures with PTE lately I'm not sure what their deal is but it's upsetting to say the least, $1375 down the drain. Truck drove great and spooled pretty good, BOV and WG both working, made a couple runs on the interstate and cruised around town, left Home Depot and realized it wasn't spooling, brought it back to my shop,pulled the filter and sure enough the shaft was seized. At first I thought it was an oiling issue but verified it wasn't, was running unrestricted -4an feed and -10an drain. Everything pretty well contained itself rather then going through the engine. After some research, PTE is the only ones to use a steel bushing in the compressor housing rather then brass, a lot of people believe that the steel starts to expand moe rapid then the aluminum compressor housing which in turn closes the tolerance between the housing and thrust bearing.

I did call precision and even after I tore the turbo apart they were willing to still take it in on warranty and check it out. So we shall see, but I really don't wanna risk another failure if I can go with Garrett or BW and have no worries.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #49
Revorollerr

Attached Images

Old 09-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #50
Revorollerr

Attached Images