The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #26
j carter

Re: I want you guys opinion

Thanks for posting the picture I'm getting closer to just going back original interior and color, lowering it and 20's or 20/22 combo
j carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:58 PM   #27
jocko

Since you asked for opinions - that would be mine - original paint colors. It will look great.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:05 AM   #28
Spartan

I'm with "Jocko" on this. Original all the way. A little drop and nice wheels probably wouldn't hurt either. IMHO.

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #29
Mike's money pit

Hey Jemel, I am glad to see you on here. Here is another pic:
Attached Images

Mike's money pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #30
Mike's money pit

Couple more:
Attached Images

Mike's money pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:34 PM   #31
CG
BlahBlahBlah

IMO why change anything? "Restore" it just as it sits, same paint, same interior and drive train. This truck would look awesome redone to its stock everything. Dropping it and adding big wheels and 4 wheel disks probably wouldn't hurt the over all value if you are worried about that.

Personally I'm not a big wheels fan, but I seem to be in the minority around here lol. I think it would look good dropped with some late 60s early 70s style aftermarket 15 inch rims.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #32
sboris

That thing is going to look super sweet any way you go!
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
sboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #33
Tinkermc

truck only has to please 1 person and that is U. So make these decisions based on your likes and all will be well.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #34
Mapearso

that is an awesome truck!
Mapearso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #35
doo142

I say work that og paint a bit, couple old/new pieces of trim and get to driving and enjoying that bad boy!!!
doo142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #36
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I'd leave the paint the way it is except get it polished ( even professionally ) and I'm sure you'll like what you see. You have lots of originality to work with not trying redo someone else's half finished dream truck.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:09 PM   #37
Coley

Smile Re: I want you guys opinion

Definitely echo a lot of the comments here, including Already Gone's comments about polishing up what you have.
I would try to get some miles and enjoyment on the truck before I ever undertook a full restoration. As Already Gone said Craigslist is virtually full of half finished projects that came apart fast.
The first thing to do is decide what you want out of all of this?...then make sure you have lots of spare cash, lots of tools, lots of space, lots of time and if you are married....lost of 'buy in' from the spouse....more important than often mentioned.
What is your time frame for this? 1 year? 3 years? don't care? 6 months? don't care? Just remember the odds are low, VERY low...that you will get the cash back from a frame off restoration that you put into it....its just the way it is with most of these trucks. However, if you are in it 'for the love'....knock yourself out man...its your truck!
Important questions to think about before you start taking fenders off....well worth considering so you don't end up as one of the craigslist victims.
Sounds you like you've got a nice truck there tho'....and I'm one of those guys (oddity?) who does put value in the original being in the truck.
All Good and Very good luck to you....and post more pics!
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #38
jocko

Considering the rarity/desirability of combination of trim and options (i.e. Cheyenne super swb big block), if you EVER think you'll sell it - that should probably go into your thought process. Could not agree more with the "do it how you want it" sentiment, but if you want it purple with bright yellow stripes, go for it, but, well, anyway.. YOUR factory combo is SO nice, hard not to do it how mother GM made it.

As for stance, etc - I HIGHLY recommend taking a look at some of Rene's (C/10 King) trucks - he builds some beautiful stockers and lowers them, usually with some stock wheel combo. I think if you had the truck you have right now, restored, and, lowered (if you must ) - with the stock white steelies and PO1s (or even PO3s if you're feeling really rowdy..) and call it a day. That, imho, would look gorgeous. As you can tell, I'm not the lowering type - but I'm certainly not against it - when done right, it creates a great looking truck.

So, how does restoring it with the stock red, stock parchment custom cloth, 5/7 drop, stock white steelies and PO3 caps (Or retain the PO1 wheel covers) grab ya? I think it would be stunning, personally.

If you want to save big $ (and like "patina"), drop it now, clean it up, polish the paint you have, call the rest patina, re-do the interior, freshen the motor, and drive the wheels off. That would look great also.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #39
j carter

I agree with the last couple of responses the body needs a lot of work (especially the cab) so I don't know about just polishing it but believe me I'm going to drive it the rest of the year before I start on restoring it I'm just going to gather parts this year and I think I'm going to go back all original besides dropping it but I'm going to save all original parts in case I decide to ever sell it
j carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #40
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

If I had seen that truck for sale, as much as I need another truck like need a hole in my head, i would have tried to buy it. As Jocko said you have a very original Super Cheyenne, short wheelbase with a big block in a very nice colour which is a great combo and it hasn't been hacked and/or butchered. I agree with your thinking of driving it for a year and get a good feel of what you want to do with the truck.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #41
1956cameo

I already gave my opinion before pictures were posted. After seeing the pictures all I can say is you have one heck of a great project. You are definitely the envy of many collectors.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote