The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #26
patrickk1

Re: short bed availability and general questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Sparky View Post
You can use special search commands too.

1) You can search for all words that start with the letters but end with variations by using an asterix:

eg. Chev* will retrieve listings for CHEVY and CHEVROLET.

2) You can search for exact terms by using quotation marks.

eg. ”C10" will pull up anything that has EXACTLY C10 in the listing

3) You can search for multiple things at once If you use the vertical bar symbol, |

eg. C10 | K10 will pull up both Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

4) You can exclude things from your search that nobody wants to see by using the "minus" symbol.

eg. C10 -Ford will remove all listings that have that awful word in it.

SO…

Here’s how I search Craigslist if I want something without wading through a bunch of extra posts. People spell stuff incorrectly all the time, or they use variations, etc. You won't get every truck on Craigslist every time, but it does cut down on browser time. NOTE that this is still prone to errors.

Copy and paste if you want, or make up your own.

196* Chev* | C10 | K10 -ford -chevelle -malibu -impala -corvair -nova -camaro
Lots of good advice. Here's my normal search for whole vehicles:

search box: c10|c20|c30|k10|k20|k30|c60|k60|truck|pickup
make and model: gmc|chev*
model year: 1960 1966

C10/K10 differentiates 2wd/4wd. Part searches are a little messier. I keep 6 separate searches saved in CL for parts so I just click on the link when I want to look under that search. There is some overlap between the searches but it covers all possibilities so I don't miss anything good.

1964 GMC pickup lwb ~ My newest build!
1937 Ford Coupe ~ Custom frame, LS1, quickchange
1950 Chevrolet 3100 ~ Bagged (Sold)
1931 Chrysler Roadster ~'32 Ford Frame, Channeled 8" (Originally a 60's show car)
1967 Chevelle ~ 454 Triple Black (Sold)
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS (Sold)
patrickk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #27
sags

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerrm View Post
I've decided to move forward on the red truck in Loveland, about an hour north of Denver. I've scoured CL and Ebay here in CA and driven a couple of trucks and this looks the best to me. I like it b/c it is still somewhat stock and looks ready to go. In talking with the seller I know that it is a short bed, new drum brakes, manual steering, not sure when engine rebuilt, has an oil pan gasket leak and new starter. Also, it is a 230 not a 235 as advertised. (Thank you CaptainFab). The seller also said they knew a guy in town who could "easily" add power steering. I'm hoping the fix of the oil leak and addition of PS could be negotiated into the price.

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5306878039.html

Rather than make the two hour flight sight unseen, I would like to see if there is a member who has time on their hands to pre-screen for me. I will compensate you for your time. No worries if no one can, it's the holidays after all and Loveland sounds like it is somewhat isolated. I can use CarzInspection.com, they've helped me before and are good. I would just rather keep the money within our group and prefer someone with experience with these trucks. Send me a PM if interested/available and I'll send you the details.

Regardless, any comments from looking at the pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Sawyerrm,
I am in Denver and could take a look after next week if that still fits your time frame. I drive a 65 short fleet with a 230 so I have some experience. Let me know. Ken
sags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #28
sawyerrm

Thank you Ken, you sound like the perfect person to check it out. I'll send you a PM with details. Rob
sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #29
sawyerrm

I think I may pass on the red Colorado truck. I was quoted $1600 to add power steering and shipping will be another $1500 at least which puts the actual cost over $17K. In addition, there's the oil leak which could be expensive. Sounds like too many red flags. Thank you Ken (sags) for your willingness to look at it for me.

I found another red truck in San Jose CA which is probably too good to be true. I'll post the info in the appropriate forum and see what folks say.

Thanks everyone for your insight and valuable comments.

Rob
sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote