The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #26
tonypaul

Re: Now what - Tires/Rims or Pro-Charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
what procharger? i havnt seen that answered yet. i would make a deal on a p600b but its set up for a sbc not the newer vortec.
The Procharger is a D-1SC with all the mount and intercooler for the 7.4L. The unit itself is brand new, everything else is used. This guy put it on his 1998 1 ton rollback wrecker truck. Within the first 500 miles it developed a oil leak. He sent it back to Procharger and they sent him a new one. Instead of putting it back on he took everything off and sold the roll back wrecker. He said his motor had close to 250k miles and it just wasnt worth putting it on the old motor. He ended up getting a new truck with a Duramax so he couldnt use it no more. He wants $3000.00 for everything, he said I might need to get 1 more coupler because 1 got a little messed up taking it off.

It looks like this:
Name:  96-00_GM7_4_uhLG.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  32.4 KB

So its basicly a brand new set of 22" Foose Nitrous rims and tires or the Procharger.
I have a deal with the wife that I wont ever charge anything on my credit cards for my toys. Im debt free and wanna keep it that way, I believe if I dont have the money to pay for my toys - I dont need it, I may want it- but dont have to have it.

Since both deals are for sale by local people they are cash and carry. And honestly laying out $6000.00 more on this truck right now after I just spent $10k in the past 10 or so months dont really make me feel comfortable.....

Part of me feels - Hey you got a great running fuel injected big block and you got these old small 17" wheels that I have had forever... BUT I got a brand new set of drag radials on the back. AND a Procharger under the hood would be completly killer to have. It would really put me in the power range that I would like to have....Im going to sleep on it-----

Last edited by tonypaul; 12-27-2010 at 08:55 PM.
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #27
weircc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypaul View Post
There is a guy local to me that has a set of brand new- never mounted 22" Foose Nitrous (5x5) rims with brand new tires he is asking $3500.00 OBO. Said it cost over $5000.00 with shipping for the package. Real tough choice as Im not going to be racing this truck, I think its going to have plently of power for everything I need it for. In my dream world - I would like to go to the lake more and take the drag car out to the track.... Maybe a road trip or two.... Do I really need a ProCharger for that???? YES!!! well maybe- I been thinking about this constantly for the past few days. Cant seem to make up my mind..

Don't know where he got his tires and wheels but i got the foose's on my truck and i only paid around 2500.00 with tires on ebay BRAND NEW!!!! They're only 20's but i cant see another 2500.00 for 2 inches

Last edited by weircc; 12-27-2010 at 09:04 PM.
weircc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #28
tonypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by weircc View Post
Don't know where he got his tires and wheels but i got the foose's on my truck and i only paid around 2500.00 with tires on ebay BRAND NEW!!!! They're only 20's but i cant see another 2500.00 for 2 inches
I think he said these are the more expensive 3 (maybe2) piece rims and not the less expensive 1 piece rims with. forget excatly what brand of tires but I think he said run flats or something. I was paying attention to what he said... but for some reason it didnt stick in my head. I think I was just in shock in how nice these rims are... He may have been lieing about the cost, I guess it would be a good idea to check put how much they really cost. Im gonna call him back and get all the info again..
Old 12-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #29
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypaul View Post
I think he said these are the more expensive 3 (maybe2) piece rims and not the less expensive 1 piece rims with. forget excatly what brand of tires but I think he said run flats or something. I was paying attention to what he said... but for some reason it didnt stick in my head. I think I was just in shock in how nice these rims are... He may have been lieing about the cost, I guess it would be a good idea to check put how much they really cost. Im gonna call him back and get all the info again..
How wide are are the rear wheels? I know the price almost doubles when you go to a 12" or wider. At least the Billet Specialties do....
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #30
tonypaul

Just had another quick conversation with him on the phone- The story I got is that the tires and rims were customed ordered for his new Jeep with special backspacing. Appearntly some of the new jeeps have 5x5 lug pattern but he isnt sure what the backspacing is, he just knows it for his Jeep. The rims are 22x9's and 22x10's Chromed Nitrous 2's with the 2 piece design. With Kumo run flats with new TPS montiors on all the wheels. He said he would tape up 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheels so we could test fit them to my truck with out scratching the rims. He also has a set of custom lugs with it also but couldnt confirm if they will fit my truck. When I went out to house the first time to see the wheels it was before xmas and he was needing money. Now he stated that he is not so motivated to sell them... Whatever that means...
Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #31
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

What would you estimate your truck would currently run the 1/4? I'm curious to know if the 7.4 is a dog or your expectations are high.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #32
tonypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
What would you estimate your truck would currently run the 1/4? I'm curious to know if the 7.4 is a dog or your expectations are high.
I would never race it, just didnt build it for that. If I had to guess as is right now maybe 15 or 16 second range if it hooked good and had some good cool air. Its got mad torque but horsepower lacking in the upper rpm range. It just fries the drag radials now on the street from a stop, maybe on a well preped track it would hook up. I orginaly had in mind to use the truck to tow my low budjet 1970-240z drag car which will do 10.60s all day with a 175 shot and on 10" slicks. Which isnt real fast but I only have $4400.00 in the whole car.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #33
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Really nice truck, but a set of 20's would set it on fire.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #34
classicchev

Before I would commit to the wheels, I would put them on. The wrong backspacing would really suck on a truck that nice.

I can not believe it, you must be the first one ever that built your truck under budget. Does this include selling unused parts off the stuff you bought.

I think you may have to do a write up on how to stay on budget in building these trucks.

Darren
Old 12-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #35
VA72C10
VA72C10

I agree on the backspacing being a big possible issue. The other consideration is how much you could sell your current rims for....and if the truck is frying the drag radials now...what's it going to do to the 22" run flats....
Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #36
Bennett68C10

I would say go for the procharger, if I was going to spend $3500.00 on wheels it would be a big set of Billet Specialties or Intro's. You could get a really nice set of 20's with custom backspacing made for your truck.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #37
big_al_71

I have to also agree go with the pro-charger.....or go with nitrous and sill buy the wheels..

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #38
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

If you don't get the pro charger you are nuts. You asked for opinions, now go back in this thread and count the votes Seriously, you will be so jazzed, I speak from experience.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #39
tonypaul

Going to go get the Procharger tonight after 6:00pm....
Old 12-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #40
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

mmmmm.... POWER.....

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
my67chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote