The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #26
xtreme80
Wishin' I had more money!

Re: signed my life away

My box also looks like longhorn's box, without the top part.

I'm in debt to my eyeballs by snap-on right now, but it's so worth it. I also got lucky and when my dad decided to retire from being a tech, he gave me 95% of his tools. The only things Im paying for now are assorted sockets that he lost over the years, and the specialty tools that look cool and I may use once or twice haha

Ive never had a problem with snap on dealers not warrantying anything I had. They always did it just fine.
xtreme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #27
jcueckert13

heres my tool box and the pic of the top of my tool cart i started out with craftsman tools and since the local sears has a crappy selection and is 5 miles out of my way i started out buying cornwell and had a awsome tool guy that would warranty anything (including torque sticks, i broke 3 in the last year and got every one of them warrantied), after he quit about 2 months ago i started dealing exclusivly with matco and will only go on the strap-on truck when either need a tool that only snap-on sells or i need a tool that day and the snap-on truck is there.
Attached Images

1970 C10 longbed stepside (in pieces)
1976 Dodge Dart
1963 Dodge Dart

jcueckert13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:45 AM   #28
CrashEd
72 chevy

We got a new dealer for our little town and he asked me where did i get snap on tools LOL!! there old he give me a hard time tell i said ill call Ron the guy that sold me the tools. I guess Ron had moved up in the snap on corp. I have no trouble now.
I started working on tractors with craftsman tool and got sick of bloody nuckles and other cuts from the wrenches slipping and snap on tool put a stop to that.
Ed
CrashEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:32 AM   #29
GREASEMONKEY72

jcueckert13 - gotta love the fink

i love snap-on tools but we just get craftsmen so we can just go to the store and replace them instead of chasing down a truck and weve never had any problems with any of the tools or replacing them, weve only had to replace 2 ratchets but they were old and beatin

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #30
Chris4x4Gill2

All of my granddads snap on and matco tools were stolen out of his garage a few years back. Pissed me off because they would have come home with me in the back of his 72 when I got it.

I'd have loved to work on his old truck with the same toosl he used on it for 30 years
Chris4x4Gill2 is offline   Reply With Quote