The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #26
trac209

Re: Low Mile Lambrecht Truck on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
??? Did you actually read the past posts before posting???
Care to quote a post stating the truck is isn't nice? Stating a truck isn't worth crazy money due to its history or story true or untrue is not trashing the truck. Everyone agreed to the fact the truck is a nice restored truck with an interesting back story. If you have an example quote it
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #27
Danny Biggs

I can say from talking to locals and my ex father in-law knowing Ray personally,it wasn't a vision Ray had. He came home from WW-II. Got together with his uncle and GI benefits and opened a Chevy dealership. He sold hoards of vehicles to the government through contracts. So walk in customers were of little concern. And he stood on the idea of you came to him to buy a new car. So the used cars went to the farm and leftover model year vehicles too. If the government ordered. 65 model trucks the would not take 64s. So to the farm they went. And we're not for sale. His kids cleaned up. Almost 5 million. So stupid or not? Who pays 140k for a 58 Cameo with 1.2 miles on it ? Someone did. I saw it happen. The window sticker was 2700$. 58 corvette peddle car 16k so on so on.
Danny Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #28
leddzepp

PT Barnum was right...

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #29
BrianG

Quote:
Originally Posted by trac209 View Post
Care to quote a post stating the truck is isn't nice? Stating a truck isn't worth crazy money due to its history or story true or untrue is not trashing the truck. Everyone agreed to the fact the truck is a nice restored truck with an interesting back story. If you have an example quote it
Would you like to quote where I said that anyone said it wasn't nice?

The point I was making was that many people were talking negatively about the price and the Lambrecht history. If this same vehicle would have been posted as a barn find resto, or salvaged from a junk heap, everyone would have been praising it. No one said it wasn't nice and I never said they did. But there were several opinions about the price and its history. Both of which I have no issue with. I've seen other restored trucks listing and selling in the mid 20's. It takes a lot of work and time to restore one. Have you ever attempted to do so? if so, then maybe you wouldn't question 23k for a completely rebuilt truck.

Last edited by BrianG; 11-25-2014 at 01:58 PM.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #30
trac209

Quote:
I don't understand you guys. If that guy wrote up a different story where he found it in a barn and restored it to "new", you would have been all over it saying how nice it was, and how awesome it was to be like new. On price, we all have different opinions. I can tell you up here that there are similar trucks that were restored for similar prices (being sold by board members).(((( Seems just so easy to trash something that isn't yours))))) and you didn't have any part in restoring. What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut!?!?

I know nothing of the seller or the truck. Its a beautiful truck with an interesting history (regardless of whether or not you believe it). I hope that he gets what he wants and a new buyer is able to enjoy such a beautiful truck.
See above I'm out of this convo
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #31
BrianG

Quote:
Originally Posted by trac209 View Post
See above I'm out of this convo
Thanks for agreeing..."What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut!?!?
"
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #32
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:

I know nothing of the seller or the truck. Its a beautiful truck with an interesting history (regardless of whether or not you believe it). I hope that he gets what he wants and a new buyer is able to enjoy such a beautiful truck.
The seller is asking for $60,000.

In my opinion, the "history" of the truck was destroyed when it was restored. Now it's just a low mileage restored longbed, straight 6, small window truck... Even the "history" having value is debatable. I love the truck. I'd buy it, but at market value for similar trucks.

Quote:
On price, we all have different opinions. I can tell you up here that there are similar trucks that were restored for similar prices (being sold by board members).
Please provide examples of these 1964 C10 Longed, small window, I6, stock trucks selling for $60,000.

Why is it that these vehicles should hold such value anyway? The Lambrecht History? It's not a Yenko. It's not a Shelby. It's a collection of vehicles that were put in a field by a hoarder, yes, I said hoarder, not collector. A collector cares for their collection, a hoarder just piles stuff up just to have it. Now when the day comes, and we lose someone like Jay Leno, THAT collection will have value. Jay loves and cares for those cars, they're well maintained, and most of them are gorgeous cars that can be driven cross county. I wouldn't be surprised if just a few of Jay's cars sold for more than all 500+ of the Lambrechts combined. Most of these vehicles haven't even run or had an oil change in the last 45-50 years!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 11-25-2014 at 03:12 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #33
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

It was a crazy auction, like a circus around there. I was there the inspection day and first day of auction. Then went to motel room and drank a few beers in amazement of what money was spent for a rusted plain jane 2wd truck. IMO most guys payed WAY to much for the cars and trucks, especially the ones that were outside all those years. It was neat to see in person though. I don't think the name Lambrecht is going to make the vehicles bring more when they try to sell them now and in future. I'm not sure how he pulled off sitting the new ones out there, he did have to pay chevy for them when he got them delivered. He must of made enough off the state of Nebraska when he sold them their new ones. When my dad was in the Chevrolet business from 73-84, the way he survived was by making money of the used cars he got traded in, and old Ray just hauled them to the field, no money for them till the auction. The average my dad made on a new one was around $500 is all
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #34
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Biggs View Post
He sold hoards of vehicles to the government through contracts. If the government ordered. 65 model trucks the would not take 64s. So to the farm they went. And we're not for sale. His kids cleaned up. Almost 5 million.
I see you are new to the site with only only 4 posts, are you new to Chevy Trucks? From my experience governments rarely, if ever, bought vehicles looking like the '64 and '65's ( which were in the most abundance ). Do you really think the government would order pickups with side moldings? Most government pickups were ordered with special paint with no appearance options, just functional options like 16" wheels, posi etc. Profit margins are very small when dealing with the government because bids are put up by other truck manufactures also. These trucks were typical farm trucks ( most all 6 cyl 4spds) that were common and popular in farming communities in that era. After reading 26 paragraphs of bla bla bla in the ebay listing, I could only zero in on one sentence about low mileage vehicles: " new cars that were left unsold were also stored". Pretty vague. Why were they "left unsold"? Every other Chevy dealer in America sold their inventory. I don't buy any new Chevy truck being left unsold in the 60's !

Last edited by factorystock; 11-25-2014 at 09:13 PM.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #35
davepl

You guys are sure cranky today. That's what I call a nicely restored truck. Whether it had 4 miles or 400,000 miles before a frame-off restoration is really not material, because that's "all" it is now: a restored truck.

So far as I am aware, if that vehicle had never been sold retail, and now sold by a dealership, it would still have warranty by law. Except GM went bankrupt, of course, so too bad. Maybe if it were a Ford you'd get your 12 month 12,000 mile warranty or whatever it was back then. I mean who cares, but it'd be fun to fight it.

I have a Canadian Tire battery with a lifetime, non-pro-rated warranty from 1988. Since it's for "as long as you own the vehicle", and it's one family car (mine since '86) I do plan to wait until I'm about 75 and then fight that one out too!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #36
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
You guys are sure cranky today. That's what I call a nicely restored truck. Whether it had 4 miles or 400,000 miles before a frame-off restoration is really not material, because that's "all" it is now: a restored truck.
I agree, its a nice restored truck now. This truck was discussed on the 60-66 forum, but unfortunately the thread was closed down by the moderators. When factory authenticity was discussed on the authenticity , it was taken as "bashing" the restoration. The experts on the '60-'66 forum believed " IF " this 4.6 mile truck was going to be restored, it deserved 100 pt type restoration not just a more common "nice restoration". Sure, there is no law saying you have to do a "correct" restoration, but this truck was not your typical truck, a 4.6 mile vehicle with absolutely zero modifications.This truck was the blue print for an 100% accurate restoration, but shortcuts were sadly taken.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote