The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

Re: inline 6 power steering brkts.

They came in the email yesterday. I do not have them mounted yet, but will get it "hooked up" this weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC67Chev View Post
Did you get your pulleys? I'm curious to see if they work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife View Post
Why the need for 3 pulleys?
All you are "driving" is the alternator and the P/S pump.
I am not 100% sure why but when I added power steering the groove for the belt sits approximately 1/2 inch more forward of the 2 grooves that are on every other accessory (crank, h2o, alt) that I have. So these add on pulleys give me a 3rd groove that hopefully aligns with the power steering. The only thing I can think of is that my power steering is from a 73 up non integrated head and maybe was intended to run on a 3rd groove.

Thanks, John
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
ChevyCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #27
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

I got the "add on" pulleys installed this weekend. Yes, they give me the 3rd groove that I needed to get the power steering pump aligned. I have everything installed but ran out of time (because of all the other projects) to finish. I have to switch out the manual steering box for a power and then add fluid, tighten the belt and then I should be able to cruise with 1 finger. LOL

The ironic thing is that I found 2 more sets of these "add on" pulleys this weekend at the pick a part. They were on 70's Novas and I scooped them up. These cars definately were not there when I started my search. One had the integrated head but the other had the older style so I grabbed all of the brackets (AC, power steering, Alt) off of that one.

Thanks, John
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #28
NC67Chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCruizer View Post
I got the "add on" pulleys installed this weekend. Yes, they give me the 3rd groove that I needed to get the power steering pump aligned. I have everything installed but ran out of time (because of all the other projects) to finish. I have to switch out the manual steering box for a power and then add fluid, tighten the belt and then I should be able to cruise with 1 finger. LOL

The ironic thing is that I found 2 more sets of these "add on" pulleys this weekend at the pick a part. They were on 70's Novas and I scooped them up. These cars definately were not there when I started my search. One had the integrated head but the other had the older style so I grabbed all of the brackets (AC, power steering, Alt) off of that one.

Thanks, John
I'm glad you got it figured out!

Upgrades: Power steering, Offset air cleaner, Rear Sport bumper, 3 point safety belts, HEI, -1/-2 springs, 16x5 wheels, McGaughy's disc brake conversion, Sway bar
NC67Chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #29
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

Thanks for the help with the part numbers and information on these pulleys.

This is how mine is sitting right now.

I guess I could run a 2nd belt (on that middle groove) but it would just be a exact repeat of the one that is already going to the alternator.

Thanks, John
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #30
NC67Chev

You don't need to have a belt on the second groove with the way yours went together. I had to add the 2 groove alternator pulley because my power steering belt interfered with the nut on the original single groove alternator pulley.
Posted via Mobile Device

Upgrades: Power steering, Offset air cleaner, Rear Sport bumper, 3 point safety belts, HEI, -1/-2 springs, 16x5 wheels, McGaughy's disc brake conversion, Sway bar
NC67Chev is offline   Reply With Quote