The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #26
Tomahawk30

Re: Need some value feedback... 67 shorty 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71sierragrande View Post
Yeah, the bed with markers are a little weird looking for a '67, that will hurt original value. As nice as that truck is, I'd still rather have the '65 SS. But then again, I'm a '65 IMP freak. I had a '65 Belair when I was a kid, not an SS though. The value is probably in the SS, depending on condition(they are more rare). And, you mentioned that he wanted to trade it for your car. There's one reason, and one reason only, that he would want to do that....your car is worth more, plain and simple.
The condition on the Impala is pretty darn good overall. It isn't a show car by any means, but pretty nice. One of the straightest, most solid classics that I've ever come across. The interior still needs a little more love (carpet, package tray, rear seat mostly) but I think it is worth the $9500. I had it sold to a guy up in Vancouver, BC for $10k at one point, but he came up short on cash after finishing his house remodel. I've had a ton of trade offers, just not anything that really blew me away yet... You wouldn't believe how many people want to trade you a Harley for an Impala! The Mrs doesn't set many rules, but NO BIKES is definitely one of them! She's pretty good about the old car thing though... I'm still of mixed emotions about selling it, but having my 72' 4x4 kinda reminded me why I've always had trucks and now I'm REALLY missing it.

1972 C10 Custom Deluxe Highlander - sold
1971 Cheyenne Super Longhorn -sold
1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 -sold, bought back, sold again... I'm dumb.
1970 Chevy C10 SWB "Sprout" -sold
1972 Cheyenne K20 -sold
1969 GMC Shortbox Stepside 4x4 -sold
1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 -sold
Tomahawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #27
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk30 View Post
The condition on the Impala is pretty darn good overall. It isn't a show car by any means, but pretty nice. One of the straightest, most solid classics that I've ever come across. The interior still needs a little more love (carpet, package tray, rear seat mostly) but I think it is worth the $9500. I had it sold to a guy up in Vancouver, BC for $10k at one point, but he came up short on cash after finishing his house remodel. I've had a ton of trade offers, just not anything that really blew me away yet... You wouldn't believe how many people want to trade you a Harley for an Impala! The Mrs doesn't set many rules, but NO BIKES is definitely one of them! She's pretty good about the old car thing though... I'm still of mixed emotions about selling it, but having my 72' 4x4 kinda reminded me why I've always had trucks and now I'm REALLY missing it.
I'd love to have it, it's too bad I'm getting ready to start my truck resto. I would be knocking on your door with 9G! I saw a good looking '71 GMC 4x4 on vegas craigslist for $1200, it had to be a typo, but you should check it out. You can find it on the "why is everything so hard to find when youre looking for it" thread. Windmill posted the CL site.

Last edited by 71sierragrande; 12-29-2010 at 02:13 PM.
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #28
Tomahawk30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71sierragrande View Post
I'd love to have it, it's too bad I'm getting ready to start my truck resto. I would be knocking on your door with 9G! I saw a good looking '71 GMC 4x4 on vegas craigslist for $1200, it had to be a typo, but you should check it out. You can find it on the "why is everything so hard to find when youre looking for it" thread. Windmill posted the CL site.
Hell, I'd like to buy one in Vegas just so I could go to Vegas to get it!

1972 C10 Custom Deluxe Highlander - sold
1971 Cheyenne Super Longhorn -sold
1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 -sold, bought back, sold again... I'm dumb.
1970 Chevy C10 SWB "Sprout" -sold
1972 Cheyenne K20 -sold
1969 GMC Shortbox Stepside 4x4 -sold
1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 -sold
Tomahawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #29
Shane
Account Suspended

... if you cut the dash in one of these trucks it's worthless when it comes to resale but if you assemble a hodge-podge of parts from different years then it's worth as much as a numbers matching.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #30
Top Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
I agree with everyone here, it is a truck that has been put together from a few other trucks. However I don't believe that to be a problem or make it worth any less than it would be otherwise. I would question the fact that he says it was a 3 speed on the column truck. Like clos69 says it has a high tunnel. High tunnels were only present in 4 speed trucks, 4X4 trucks, and big block trucks. So when you combine that with the fact that it is a big window truck, it may have had the vins switched. There are big window 67s but it is something that needs to be looked at. I would also look realy close to the quality of workmanship. If the truck was blown apart to paint, I would wonder why he didn't paint the core support and inner fenders. The wire harness that I can see look like originals to me also. If who ever built the truck was willing to cut corners there, It makes me wonder about other places. It also may just be that he was running low on money toward the end of the build, but still worth a closer look. JMO.. Everything being on the up and up.... then I say why not. You evedently do not want the Impalla any more. I would definetly shave the rear side markers, or put 68 front fenders on it. It just doesn't look right otherwise. WES
I can't believe that you don't see the value in the 1/2 gallon orange juice overflow bracketry. Custom is custom and that's awesome.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #31
m6z

Seems like there could be alot of vin/title issues. The mismatch on the fenders and bedside would make it a no go for me. It would have to be corrected and then you could have issues with the paint matching.

Looking for a 67-72 short bed driver.....
m6z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #32
treveiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I'd rather have your SS for $9,500 than that truck for the same money ... that truck is priced about twice as high as what I would be willing to give judging by all the "wrong" parts on it and it be VIN'd as a '67.
Agreed, the car is much better deal.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #33
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
... if you cut the dash in one of these trucks it's worthless when it comes to resale but if you assemble a hodge-podge of parts from different years then it's worth as much as a numbers matching.
Mine's got a cut dash, and a hodge-podge of parts from different trucks, it was a 2wd long bed, then a 2wd short bed, now it's a 4wd shortbed. I'm guessing mines worth a heck of a lot of money!!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #34
Shane
Account Suspended

mine too Gene ... no cut dash but it's a whole lot like Johnny Cash's Caddy with all the parts on it ...
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #35
BP68

Seems a little high for the market I think. But like my Grandaddy has always told me, "anything is worth what someone will give you for it." I would said keep the Impala and keep looking.

My build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=269999
BP68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #36
tonypaul

Alot is going to depend on demographics and ones own personal income and desire for the item for sale. That truck looks to be on a car lot, so its gonna have used car lot retail pricing which is always about 25% to 35% over what its worth. Thats really about a $7000- $7500 truck on the normal market.
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #37
gkesseru

When I price a vehicle for sale I usually bump up the asking price by the amount that I expect the buyer to negotiate downward. Assuming that you bumped up your Impala by 2000, then your $7000 car would be worth the same as this $7000 truck. If you want to keep this truck, then get. If it's not the right truck, then by all means wait.
Posted via Mobile Device
00 F150
68 Step (named El Scorcho by PO)
Build thread for the new El Scorcho http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=392932

Last edited by gkesseru; 12-30-2010 at 12:28 PM.
gkesseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #38
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Quote:
I can't believe that you don't see the value in the 1/2 gallon orange juice overflow bracketry. Custom is custom and that's awesome.
That is only one of the reasons that I would look closer to the quality of the workmanship. However a couple of screws and that is out of there. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #39
big_al_71

Here is a picture of a number matching all original truck "mine" when I brought it home for 6k dollars so truckrs are out there however that one to me is worth 7k-9k all day long. my buddy sold a red 68 with rust on it just about a month ago for 7,500 and it was no where near as nice as what mine was nor this one that you are looking at. It also seems like it is at a dealer so haggle with them back and forth ask for money in the trade as far as the markers easy solution like it was mentioned either shave them off or add them up front. good luck let us know whe you get it.
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote