The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2010, 04:19 AM   #26
swamp rat

Re: Ok im gonna vent a bit

Personally i wonder why people cant just leave a 2wd truck alone and not slam it! But i agree to each there own.

For what its worth a 4" lift on these trucks for the most part is still a lower truck than most the new models the companys are producing today, i was passed by a stock F150 the other day in traffic and it was taller than my truck. So in my mind it is what GM should have produced.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 AM   #27
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Just as an aside... I read leatherman's post and it didn't seem to me that he was dissing jacked up trucks. He just mentioned that he wasn't partial to them but he understood why some people do it.

Back to the original reason for the post. If you want to find a good 4X4 that's pretty much stock height, go south. We don't get the snows and we don't have the mountains/rocks that y'all have, but I see them on craigs list periodically. A lot of farmers/ranchers use them to get around in their pastures and pretty much leave them stock. They may be muddy but no salt on them.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #28
19seventeeCustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Personally i wonder why people cant just leave a 2wd truck alone and not slam it! But i agree to each there own.

For what its worth a 4" lift on these trucks for the most part is still a lower truck than most the new models the companys are producing today, i was passed by a stock F150 the other day in traffic and it was taller than my truck. So in my mind it is what GM should have produced.
Because what fun is that? Different people buy these trucks for different reasons, but one of the main reasons alot of guys are into these trucks is because they can customize them.

I'm a gearhead at heart and cant/wont ever buy a vehicle and not mod the thing, especially a 2wd truck, must be lowered. They just look soooo much better lower to the ground,, should have came that way from the factory
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #29
swamp rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19seventeeCustom View Post
Because what fun is that? Different people buy these trucks for different reasons, but one of the main reasons alot of guys are into these trucks is because they can customize them.

I'm a gearhead at heart and cant/wont ever buy a vehicle and not mod the thing, especially a 2wd truck, must be lowered. They just look soooo much better lower to the ground,, should have came that way from the factory
Like i said "to each there own" I'm talking for me and not dissing whats best for you, its your truck do what you want.

I don't care for slammed trucks cause i think it ruins the frame, ie, C sectioning mod, not because of how much or little i like the look. Note i am using the word slammed, I have no problem lowering a truck a couple inches with springs or drop spindles..

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 12-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #30
LeatherMan69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post
Just as an aside... I read leatherman's post and it didn't seem to me that he was dissing jacked up trucks. He just mentioned that he wasn't partial to them but he understood why some people do it.

Back to the original reason for the post. If you want to find a good 4X4 that's pretty much stock height, go south. We don't get the snows and we don't have the mountains/rocks that y'all have, but I see them on craigs list periodically. A lot of farmers/ranchers use them to get around in their pastures and pretty much leave them stock. They may be muddy but no salt on them.
Exactly. Nail on the head my friend. All im getting at is I cant find one around here that hasnt been back yard modified! My dad just bought a 1979 GMC 4x4.. I found it for him and shoulda kept it to myself. Has 54k orig miles on it and yea got some rust but nothing major. Stock height and tires. (which are your run of the mill size so its not going to kill your wallet replacing them) So its my cup of tea! Thing is now i cant find one for myself! Lift em lower em, make it amphibious i dont care nor mind either way... i was just saying why does each and every one gotta be like that around here!
LeatherMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #31
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

I didn't lift the Garden Truck when I restored it. I believe it's back up for sale again in McLeary, WA. for about $12,000.00 It has a matching canopy on it now though. WES
Attached Images

Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #32
swamp rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
I didn't lift the Garden Truck when I restored it. I believe it's back up for sale again in McLeary, WA. for about $12,000.00 It has a matching canopy on it now though. WES
Wanna trade?? LOL!

That is one sweet truck! So is the one you showed me about 5 years ago when i stopped in.

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #33
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

That would be the one..lol It's not mine any longer. I sold it a little over 3 years ago for mutch more money than he is asking for it now. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #34
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

I think there should be a law that every 2wd has to be lower'd and every 4wd should be lift'd , dont matter how much as long as it's not stock.
'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #35
67chevy1series

since we are vented i want to say this why does your truck have to be slammed ,if your truck isn't slammed then its a ''good truck'' if it is slammed then it is ''damn that truck is sick ,just awsome'' well there is NOTHING WRONG with stock ,dont tkae this the wrong way after all i do really like n2billets 67 and hart rods 68 5oth and 72 black beauty s 69 all lowered and i still love em! but i am just saying
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote