The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #1
PAWS 72

Re: Just got divorced after 22 years, I kept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
LOL~~~I sure did, and she is a hell of a lot more reliable. Thanks everyone.
And wont talk back either,huh?
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 AM   #2
Ozzy2013

I'm on my second marriage couldn't be happier working through the menopause thing now .Just have to go in the shop every now and then ha ha . It gets better just make sure you don't pass a great one up being gun shy.I almost did!As far as the exhaust if you like it that's what counts from a safety point it will be fine.
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
CC69Rat

I was married for about 8 yrs (nothing compared to 22) .. just saying, and the last 2+ yrs I was basically trying to figure out how I was going to tell her I didnt love her anymore. In fact, if I were to go out on a date with her, I wouldnt call her back. It was honestly that bad. We slept in different rooms, etc. She came to me one day and told me she was planning to file.. Fantastic! I had a meeting setup with a lawyer 3 days after her meeting so I just suggested we file uncontested, she pay half, I pay half. She was like .. HUH ? I guess she thought I'd beg her to stay.

She took the purchase price of our house - what we owed and split it down the middle (at the time, the housing market was in the toilet) Had to borrow more on her mortgage to get me free and clear from it, higher rate .. lol. She REALLY shot herself in the foot. I walked away with half the equity and my stuff. 69 Camaro RS, all my tools, etc.

19 days later I was introduced to a stunning Brazilian girl whom is now my wife. I couldn't ask for more .. I'm happier than I have ever been. If I could build the perfect woman, it would look and act like her. I'm serious fellas. It gets better. Women are ruthless sometimes but bottom line there are more than you can count just waiting on a good man to come into their lives. I want to be married, I want kids .. but it takes two to have a marriage. I'm not saying I'm perfect but when it becomes more of a room mate than a spouse it's time to hit the road and never look back. And that's exactly what I did.

I did several competitions after that, including Ironman and just gave everything to God, myself, my then girlfriend, and my friends. It was like I had been released from prison.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
Daddy'O

Sorry to hear about your marriage. I will be married 33 years in November. We had some tough times the last few years due to menopause. Her previous doctor prescribed this drug and that drug to help with her symptoms. The gross amount of drugs really only contributed to making the situation worse. She turned from the most caring, giving, loving, kind individual in the world to the complete opposite. My boys – now 21 & almost 18 nicknamed her ‘Momster’ as she was mean and hateful to everyone. Poor girl works in city government and deals with the public – it got bad enough at work that her supervisor had no choice but to discipline her. I thought very seriously about throwing in the towel but stuck it out because of the boys and the simple fact that I still loved her. After pleading with her to seek another physician she finally agreed. Thank God! She had been prescribed incorrect medicine which almost led to cancer of the uterus. She had a full hysterectomy a year ago. Since then she has improved considerably. I would say that she’s about 75 to 80% of the person she used to be and getting better every day. I’m thankful to have my best friend back.

I don’t really know why I’m sharing this. I guess maybe, if it helps someone who is having difficult times in their many years of marriage due to their wife having subtle/abrupt changes in attitudes, emotions, and demeanor because it could be a serious medical issue or as in our case a very bad mix of prescription medication. I realize in some cases there is no hope. Like I said I really don't know what compelled me to share this.

Back to your truck - I would spend the extra money and have the exhaust built right to your preference. I prefer the exhaust dumping behind the rear wheels but I’ve seen some really nice setups with the exhaust in front of the rear wheels too.

Good luck!

Wayne – A survivor of Menopause

Our Shop Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=620966
'55 Wagon Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689157
1971 Cheyenne Super Ochre/White LWB 350 Auto - my son's truck "Nancy"
1972 GMC K2500 Custom 4X4 Olive LWB 400 SB 4-speed -"Greenie" - Restoration to begin after the '55
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Daddy'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Wayne, I'm glad things are working out for you two. I'm dealing with the womenopause myself but mine deals with it with some of natures stuff our chiropractor gave her. Seems to work well. I would think with all our stories, he knows he is not alone and we all have his back. Thats what friends are for.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
slowcpe

I'm loving the two part responses: 1) Sorry for what you are going through, here's a story and 2) run the exhaust out the back

Stories like these probably have a lot to do why I'm almost 37 and never married. Watched too many of my buddies go through these exact same issues. Plus I've had my fair share of jaded women.

I dated one that was heading to marriage. Loved her kids, moved in, and pretty much gave up everything for her. That was a HUGE mistake. The more I gave, the more she wanted. It came down to me not allowed to hang out with lifelong friends, called a "horrible family man" if I decided to have a beer with a client after work and be home before 8, "when are you going to sell your car", "you don't need a big garage", and "here let me put those in a jar above the fridge". During the breakup (that's a whole other story), I was constantly the bad guy, abandoned my family (the kids weren't mine), and constantly told "you're always going to be single" (and that's a bad thing?).

So I moved out and in with a buddy that is the eternal bachelor and known for having a good time. Decided I was going to have the summer of a lifetime since we'd be roommates and both of us had boats. Well 2 months later (March) I met my now girlfriend. We've been together for almost 4 years now and should be married within the next year. She was the exact opposite of just about anyone I've ever been with. Aside from all her great traits she's the one that pushed to get a house with a big garage and also encouraged me to buy both trucks. I've never been happier.

Now following suit: While I like the exhaust before the front of the wheel, I'd have to agree behind it.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #7
zeldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Stories like these probably have a lot to do why I'm almost 37 and never married. Watched too many of my buddies go through these exact same issues. Plus I've had my fair share of jaded women.

Just dont be like me. I am 54 and was married for the first time at 51, after many years of being the happy bachelor. As a pilot I have been to a lot of different countries and dated girls in Kenya, Uganda, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Japan, Australia, Singapore, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama and a few other places. One thing I learned, American women wanted to change me to fit their wants and needs. Because of that I decided that I would not marry an American girl. All the non-American girls I dated accepted me for who I am and wanted to be a part of that. My wife of almost 4 years is from the Philippines and I could not be happier. I never thought I would be buying rice in 50 lb bags, or eat boiled fish soup and enjoy it. We have had our problems, mostly her adapting to living here, but I enjoy seeing her see and do things that are new for her. (like when she tried to warm a hard boiled egg in the microwave) Long story short, I have never been this happy in my life. I am settled, nested for the first time since I left my parents house at 18. I am so glad I made that side trip to Red Beach One in Leyte Province. Just wish I would have done it 30 years earlier, except my wife would have been just 6 years old at the time.
2013 Subaru Outback
1970 C-10 2WD, SWB stepside, 292, TH350, PS, more rust than anything. God is my pilot.
zeldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #8
lowrodderchev

She kept the ring but gave me the finger
Old 02-06-2014, 02:02 AM   #9
zeldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrodderchev View Post
She kept the ring but gave me the finger
At least she didnt give you leather goods..... you know, a belt to the mouth and a boot to the arse....
2013 Subaru Outback
1970 C-10 2WD, SWB stepside, 292, TH350, PS, more rust than anything. God is my pilot.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
63burban4x4

I read somewhere that women marry a man hoping he'll change, and men marry a woman hoping she won't.

I've been married over 37 years, and neither of us can imagine being without the other. I consider myself very lucky. My 2 cents, run your exhaust however you want, and there's nothing better than having the right woman at your side. (probably nothing worse than having the wrong one, too)

Last edited by 63burban4x4; 02-06-2014 at 09:58 AM.
63burban4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
Ozzy2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63burban4x4 View Post
I read somewhere that women marry a man hoping he'll change, and men marry a woman hoping she won't.

I've been married over 37 years, and neither of us can imagine being without the other. I consider myself very lucky. My 2 cents, run your exhaust however you want, and there's nothing better than having the right woman at your side. (probably nothing worse than having the wrong one, too)
You sound like a smart man 63burban4x4 .ha ha
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #12
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I have never understood why women want a man to change. They fall for us because of the way we are when they meet us but after the ring gets slipped on, they want that man that is in the romantic novel that they are reading. To all the ladies on this great site, no offence to you.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #13
Indian113

I was single and loving it when I met my beautiful wife on a blind date. I had been married twice before and really didn't want to get married again. I had 2 daughters from my 1st marriage and got them once a week for the evening and every other weekend Fri. to Sunday evening. I also got the girls for vacations. When I didn't have the girls I rode my Harley all over the USA and met a lot of ladies, none of which made me want to get married again. But the night I met my wife I knew I was in trouble, she was pretty she also was a great mother to her 2 daughters. She has been my wife, best friend and partner for 24 years . She has stood beside me and faced every problem we have had and enjoyed all the good times too. Take your time and hopefully you can get as lucky as Me.
Your exhaust is something you have to be happy with, I prefer to run mine out the back but on my 64 right now it's exiting in front of rear tires. I will change it when I can.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #14
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Exhuast out the back.

I also lost 128 pounds of ugly fat.Luckily I was young dumb and still trying to make a living,so there wasn't anything for her to take,since she'd already spent what little I had.I managed to find a good un now though.She supports my truck addiction without letting anyone know,since she claims it's the other woman and needs to be painted pink.I live better and have more,both emotionally and financially than ever before.
Big thing here for anyone who gets divorced,If you have kids,you owe it to them to be a parent.The best parents I know,were married young,then had a nasty divorce.They were constantly bickering about their kids.After a particularly mean spirited fight they had,he commented to me that he hated their kids seeing them fight.I just told him,"Then don't".He took my advice a step further and called his ex.They had coffee and decided that the kids weren't at fault and shouldn't have to live with the consequences of their parents actions.He goes to Holidays,Birthdays,and special occasions at her house.When she remarried,he was a part of the deal and she told her new husband how it was before they married.I know it's working for them.I ran into him and her new husband one night,having a beer.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #15
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I guess I'm lucky, but I shopped around for a loooooooooooooooong time before I pulled the trigger. I even made her wait over 4 years for an engagement ring. She knows how bad my sickness is. We have an 11 mustang, 00 z71, 67 c10, and 65 mustang that are all drivers and a 67 firebird project car. The garage is 100% mine. Thinking of building a shop as well. I did spend the last 4 years remodeling our house, which has made her incredibly happy.

I know some of you guys are bitter, and that's completely understandable. Women are sweet until they feel they're not wanted, needed, or the most important thing in your life. As long as you do enough to keep them feeling/thinking that way, all is good. If that belief starts to slide, or completely dissipates (work all the time, or you spend all your free time in the shop or with friends) a switch flips, or she snaps, whatever, then it's game on to make your life hell. Seen it LOTS of times. Family first. Toys and friends 2nd. You don't have to give up what you love, you just can't spend all your time with it.

The exhaust should be run out the back. Watch exhaust clouds on a cold morning. I would want it as far away from the cab as possible.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #16
GMC91
Always trouble

Im never getting married
Old 02-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #17
zeldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC91 View Post
Im never getting married

I used to say that. Never say never...

The mans prayer: I am a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Oh, exhaust...... turn downs if front of the rear axle sounds good.
2013 Subaru Outback
Old 02-08-2014, 12:28 AM   #18
GMC91
Always trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldman View Post
I used to say that. Never say never...

The mans prayer: I am a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Oh, exhaust...... turn downs if front of the rear axle sounds good.
Ive been on 2 dates in 3 years..work 6-7 days a week and have for the past 2 years, its not looking good for the home team man. Plus the more I read stories like this one and from what my cousins have went through Im a little on the scared side. But like I said, hard to get married when you don't even get to meet them.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:06 AM   #19
zeldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC91 View Post
Ive been on 2 dates in 3 years..work 6-7 days a week and have for the past 2 years, its not looking good for the home team man. Plus the more I read stories like this one and from what my cousins have went through Im a little on the scared side. But like I said, hard to get married when you don't even get to meet them.

You sound just like me in my late 20s, 30s and early 40s. Like I stated, never say never, she may be nearer than you think, and she may also be saying, "Hard to get married when you dont meet them." Hopefully all your hard work will pay off as good for you as it did for me, and when you meet her, everything will fall into place. Then again, I wasnt looking for a serious relationship, I rather enjoyed the single life.

I met the girl of my dreams in the Philippines, (not on a marriage website) hard to date when you are 10,000 miles apart. It was not easy, but 2 years later we were married. It took a lot of effort for the both of us, but we stood tough and overcame geological and political problems. Now I could never go back to being single.
2013 Subaru Outback
Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #20
ubtripn

Wow- thanks everyone.

I believe in love. Still. Nothing ventured nothing gained and we only get one go round on this ride so I will keep an open mind. I have heard many guys say they won't marry but then the right women comes along and bam, they are. I made my share of mistakes, she just made the kind of mistake that takes away the one thing that should be sacred between a man and woman.

It's all about the risk and a lot like our trucks, to get something good you have to put in a lot of hard work and commitment. I walked the line yet it still happened, that's life I guess. Good thing is now the rest of my life is un-written, that part helps. That and the 500 horses I am lighting off today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible Plates

2fast4U
UBTRIPN
StingsU
SHOWME
2old4U

or no vanity at all, my personal favorite.

Seriously, thanks for all the support.
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #21
jjzepplin

How bout ISHOWU
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #22
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

trust me second time around is better... my first wife was a lot like some of the women earlier described here. I say she was a famous woman every bottle of poison has her face on it.. gave her the house and a car and left she successfully got the kids on her side.. its better that way they are blood sucking leeches too and wont hold down even a menial job for long.. Now I have a wonderful beautiful wife who helps and encourages me and my crazy car/boat/motorcycle indulgences and I couldn't be happier

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #23
tommys72

For a license plate, how bout SINGLE! I too am on my second marriage and couldn't be happier to be with her and gone from the first one...its way better the second time. I lost everything the first time. My wife now bought me my 72...shes a keeper haha

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote