The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
wutnxt

Location: vancouver b.c....is the biggest place most people would know but I am actually out in the valley 45 mins away
Re: New to the 58 scene

Thanks man....

Ya I am going through a old skool phase...lol...it is what it is
wutnxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

A v-8 fits better then a 6 in these. It weighs less & sits back so most of the weight is behind the front axle. They handle pretty decent if you get the front end right on it. Here is a photo of mine. It has a new Goodwrench 350 & 5 speed from a S-10.
Attached Images

Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
71veronica

i wouldnt change a think on that truck i wish it was mine
71veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
ratty 46

Hey ... no shame. I'm just old ....

I bought that crew out of socal & am in the process of changing it over from stock efi to carb/intake/msd pro billet/msd6 box. Also dropping the saddle dual tanks for single 50 gal. almn. in bed with blue pump & all steelbraid to the carb.

and my last infection:

I'll go lock down the compound now ....

Ratty 46
ratty 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
Number 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty 46 View Post
Hey ... no shame. I'm just old ....

I bought that crew out of socal & am in the process of changing it over from stock efi to carb/intake/msd pro billet/msd6 box. Also dropping the saddle dual tanks for single 50 gal. almn. in bed with blue pump & all steelbraid to the carb.

and my last infection:

I'll go lock down the compound now ....

Ratty 46
Nice 22 pump.
Number 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
wutnxt

Location: vancouver b.c....is the biggest place most people would know but I am actually out in the valley 45 mins away

Dude I am from canada......

Thats more hardware then our armed forces have.....lol
Old 01-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #7
ratty 46

I figured but I live in the wild wild ... south.

Get to cutt'n. I'm feeling BBC between those fenders.

Ratty 46
Old 01-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
poncho_villa

Any chance in seeing more pics of this 58? It looks like you have an awesome piece to start with.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
wutnxt

Poncho....
Hey thanks...I will try to get some more pictures when I can...but i pushed her back deep into the shop....So did I read that right your 58 is on a 64 frame?.....how did that work out for you?...My Buddy is doing a 54 on a s 10 frame and that worked out so slick so far.

Ratty.....
You have some serious collection issues....lol...I try to focus and hone my talents to things with wheels and things that make the things on wheels to go fast or look shiney....That being said.....you know what they say.." stuff happens "
Old 01-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
poncho_villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutnxt View Post
Poncho....
Hey thanks...I will try to get some more pictures when I can...but i pushed her back deep into the shop....So did I read that right your 58 is on a 64 frame?.....how did that work out for you?...My Buddy is doing a 54 on a s 10 frame and that worked out so slick so far.
Yup, you read right. A previous owner did the swap, so I can't take the credit. I did drop it a bunch and put in disc brakes. If I were going to do it, I'd choose a chassis from a later donor like '67 or newer. It rides and handles nice though. Early 50's trucks on a S10 frame is a great swap. The track width works with that combo.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #11
wutnxt

well I was in side the other shop today and was checking the truck out more.....was to dark in the cab to take and pictures but 20 yrs ago they re did the inside of the cab when they repainted it to. They chromed the e brake handle and ashtray....and it looks like the original radio is even in there....but i took these pictures..of the outside
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
poncho_villa

That must be the same turquoise as my truck, which is the stock colour. Depending on the lighting, it looks either blue or green or somewheres inbetween. Looks like you will be putting a new bed in that box. I had to put in a raised bed because the '64 frames swoops up at the rear axle like a factory "C" notch and I had to clear that. Plus I put in a big-ass fuel tank behind the axle and wanted to keep it as high as possible. It''ll be springtime soon so you can crack open that door to let some light in for more pics and maybe some wrenching.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:24 AM   #13
ratty 46

Thanks #9. My Pops gave that to me ... it was used at a arcade area shooting range ... I could see the insurance bill if it was open today ... that I use to visit almost daily as a kid in Weirs Beach, N.H. He got it from the retired owner & I ended up with it. It's a Remington 22 Rem. Speacial, Model 12-CS. The condition is unbelievable for how old it is. I've tried to find out when it was actually made but haveven't broke the code on that. It'll go to my (now) 5 year old son.

Sorry about the off topic long windedness.

Back to trucks ....

Ratty 46

Last edited by ratty 46; 01-23-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #14
Number 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty 46 View Post
Thanks #9. My Pops gave that to me ... it was used at a arcade area shooting range ... I could see the insurance bill if it was open today ... that I use to visit almost daily as a kid in Weirs Beach, N.H. He got it from the retired owner & I ended up with it. It's a Remington 22 Rem. Speacial, Model 12-CS. The condition is unbelievable for how old it is. I've tried to find out when it was actually made but haveven't broke the code on that. It'll go to my (now) 5 year old son.

Sorry about the off topic long windedness.

Back to trucks ....
Ratty 46
Have one just like it. Also building a 59 3100 stepside.
Number 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
wutnxt

So is there a disc brake kit the goes on the straight axle ?......thinking rather then clipping it or getting too serious with it there might be a bolt on kinda fix?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
dicer

I'm looking to get a couple of 58's, I'll trade ya one and some cash, for that before you chop it up. How much did it cost?
Oh and you can keep the chrome brake handle and ash tray. I just wish it was a small window, not into the large ones, never did like people staring at the back of my neck.

Last edited by dicer; 01-23-2011 at 04:18 PM.
dicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
wutnxt

Dicer...

I like the term alter instead of chop.....
I like the big window short box trucks.....I don't mind people looking at my
neck...granted my neck's not as red as yours probaly.
And it's like my dad taught me when I was a kid.....it's not how much I paid for it...it's
how much it's worth....Lastly I have no intrest in selling anything to you at this time...but thanks for asking. You sure your not a dodge guy?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
hsdropout

wutnxt...that is some funny sh!t........dodge guy, doh!

I have "altered" my straight axle with new discs, they are cool. With the extra power of the 350 I'm going with I'll, need the braking security discs offer.
Had I an extra 3-4 grand I'd gone with the full on supreme IFS system.
Several companies sell the kits, you can find quite a few if you do a google.

I'm going with a bolt on R&P steering kit (bolts to straight axle), gets rid of all the rods and gets the stock steering box out of the way. I like the staight axle, kinda "hot rod" style.
Also went with mono-leafs, they give it a perfect stance IMO. Otherwise I'm going with the basic stock look.
Attached Images

hsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #19
wutnxt

hsdropout....

Hey thanks....takes a bow....I was going for funny wasn't sure i pulled it off.
The disc bakes look great....you going to put power steering in too ?..
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #20
sgtusmc

wutnxt, looks like you have a very, very good solid truck to begin with. I wish you the best on any direction you take this truck. I'll be checking this build out. Thanks for sharing the pics.

ratty 46- Nice collection of weapons and rides! Can you please stop posting weapon pics. I'm getting jealous & side tracked...haha
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=sgtusmc
U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.
sgtusmc is offline   Reply With Quote