The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #26
HoupPhotography

Re: Saturday Night Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner1982 View Post
Wish that happened around here. Unless it is a sanctioned car show the Local PD shuts down the "hang outs".. Of course its the kids racing down the streets that has caused the police to act this way... Nice pics..I am by far no photo expert but in the whole car shots you might try to step back just a bit and get the whole car in the shot rather than cutting off the fenders. I still like the unique shots, like over the red cars tire and of the blue truck. Thanks for posting them.
Some of local car guys talked to the management at Safeway (grocery store) and they gave them the ok to hang out here every saturday, some of the local PD guys have even been up there hangin' out, once in a while the Fire dept. will bring out one of their ladder trucks. It's really cool, but you do have the knuckle head in the crowd, that feels the need to do a smoke show when they leave the parking lot.

I appreciate the crituque on the photos, when I shoot, I try to get an image that is not typical or an "average" type of shot. I can definitly understand your point/perspective and I agree, as odd as it sounds, when you do this as a profession you become your worst critic and it is equally as difficult to take a normal "snap-shot".

I know it doesn't help you wanting to seethe entore vehicle, just wanted to give you a little insight...... Thanks for looking!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #27
xtreme80
Wishin' I had more money!

Houp, I love the pics man.

I've been into photography for a couple years. I lost every good picture I had on my old computer when it crashed, but I'm gonna have to go out again and take some good ones.

My dad shoots with a Nikon D80, and my mom with a D40x, and both are awesome and well worth looking into for your next, especially the D40. Its almost as good as the D80, but lighter and cheaper.

I'll have to check out the safeway show one of these days. Wanna do pavillions this saturday?
xtreme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #28
ed2552

What is a good camera to get into for a beginner? I have one, but it broke and may or may not get fixed, so what is a good camera to use for all around use? I don't need video or anything like that, just a good, solid, reliable camera.
'65 C60 292, 4 spd, 2 spd Rearend, 15' Grain Box, MINT!
09 Yukon Denali 82k Miles 6.2L/6A
ed2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:55 AM   #29
Prerunner1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoupPhotography View Post
I appreciate the crituque on the photos, when I shoot, I try to get an image that is not typical or an "average" type of shot. I can definitly understand your point/perspective and I agree, as odd as it sounds, when you do this as a profession you become your worst critic and it is equally as difficult to take a normal "snap-shot".

I know it doesn't help you wanting to seethe entore vehicle, just wanted to give you a little insight...... Thanks for looking!

Well crap I should learn to look at who I am replying to... just forget I said anything....like I should be telling anyone how to do thier job..

I am just

Last edited by Prerunner1982; 04-26-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #30
HoupPhotography

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2552 View Post
What is a good camera to get into for a beginner? I have one, but it broke and may or may not get fixed, so what is a good camera to use for all around use? I don't need video or anything like that, just a good, solid, reliable camera.
It depends on how much you want to spend, you can get an great camera for 300-500. Some great choices are the Sony Cybershot (cheaper) or the Canon Alpha (I think Canon makes it) it's on the more expensive. I like the cyber shot, you can't interchange lesns BUT you can get lens adapters for Macro and telephoto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner1982 View Post
Well crap I should learn to look at who I am replying to... just forget I said anything....like I should be telling anyone how to do thier job..

I am just

Ah no problem, don't sweat it dude! I can see where your coming from.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:18 AM   #31
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

That awesome. Theres some killer rides there. I like I like. Thanks for sharing them.
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!

Last edited by Hoods69BadBowTie; 04-26-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote