The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
joedoh

Re: front clip ID help please

no problem. its interesting to note that those spindles are interchangeable with an early S10, the arms also interchange so you can buy S10 drop spindles and at least the tubular uppers if you need/want them. Lots of s10 guys go vice versa and buy g-body tube upper arms. Thats how I spotted it, could see the familiar S10 geometry but it was not an s10 clip.

also, the 98-03 blazer dual piston caliper 11" brakes will bolt on to those arms IF you use the sealed bearing hub spindles and outboard brake lines from the same donor. Just get the whole spindle chunk and bolt it on. I have this swap done to my 49 s10 donor and my 65 S10 setup and the extra surface area and brake power will put you through the windshield when you stand on it (not really, but its a noticeable difference, and nice to have sealed bearings). Have to run 15" wheels though.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #27
ChuckDriver
A320 Pilot/USAF Retired

G-Body!http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/55-5...dy-147429.html
Attached Images

ChuckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #28
joedoh

that bottom one has s10 uppers on it!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #29
hotrodelrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
no problem. its interesting to note that those spindles are interchangeable with an early S10, the arms also interchange so you can buy S10 drop spindles and at least the tubular uppers if you need/want them. Lots of s10 guys go vice versa and buy g-body tube upper arms. Thats how I spotted it, could see the familiar S10 geometry but it was not an s10 clip.

also, the 98-03 blazer dual piston caliper 11" brakes will bolt on to those arms IF you use the sealed bearing hub spindles and outboard brake lines from the same donor. Just get the whole spindle chunk and bolt it on. I have this swap done to my 49 s10 donor and my 65 S10 setup and the extra surface area and brake power will put you through the windshield when you stand on it (not really, but its a noticeable difference, and nice to have sealed bearings). Have to run 15" wheels though.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a great upgrade at a reasonable cost! Pulled the motor, trans. and bed today. Going to check out frame, see what i have, and figure out where to go from here. IMO truck was butchered/hacked by a PO.
hotrodelrod is offline   Reply With Quote