The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
KEWLKATDADY

Project "PaPaw"

So just a little history of about this truck.
My dad has owned (2nd owner) since the early 80's and was his daily driver up until '99.
The day he brought this truck home my mom dubbed it "Papaw" because it looked like an old man's truck. The name has stuck for over 3 decades.
My oldest memories are sleeping in the floor board of this truck coming home from weekend lake trips. The was "dad's truck" my whole childhood.

He and I did a freshen-up job on it back around 1990. 468/ th400 with a shift kit, paint and interior.

This was now my truck in high school thru '95. I got a new truck, and he went back to daily driving it up until '99. This is when the old big block had some head issue and we pulled it apart and got very un motivated. Dad bought a new truck and Papaw went out to pasture (backyard behind the shop). It's still there today, in all its glory, heads off, squirrel sanctuary.
Attached Images

KEWLKATDADY is offline   Reply With Quote